Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897652 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Goom-bess has -4 Plot Importance
« Reply #6975 on: July 07, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »

Convince them to not join us!
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN GO WRONG!

I like your style. +1.
My oracular senses tell me that if this action passes through, then this will be the exact moment the insanity penalty will roll over. +1.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: July 07, 2013, 02:05:18 pm »

Can we be sane for a moment and stop trying to game the system in stupid ways, and instead game the system in ways the system was intented to be exploited?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: July 07, 2013, 02:07:13 pm »

Can we be sane for a moment and stop trying to game the system in stupid ways, and instead game the system in ways the system was intented to be exploited?
Blrr

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: July 07, 2013, 02:13:48 pm »

+1

Thinking about this, with how encounters work (we see what we are up against before violence begins) and our very limited inventory and comparatively massive storage, it's pretty clear we are meant to amass a collection of specialty weaponry (elemental et al) and kit out to fight the enemy we're about to face.  We have a brief start of that (Ice spear haft, Polaris sword) but we need to continue with that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: July 07, 2013, 02:13:53 pm »

Go ahead. You have the floor. Tell me how to game the system. Come on. Make my day. I know you have a genius plan just waiting there but of course you have to tell us our methods are wrong without giving an alternative because you are that superior. I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Blorble Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret shenanigans in DL4, and I have over 300 confirmed ruses. I am trained in deception warfare and I’m the top rigger in the entire Warrens. You are nothing to me but just another system to game. I will manuever the fuck out of you with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this DL, mark my words.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: July 07, 2013, 02:19:34 pm »

Thinking about this, with how encounters work (we see what we are up against before violence begins) and our very limited inventory and comparatively massive storage, it's pretty clear we are meant to amass a collection of specialty weaponry (elemental et al) and kit out to fight the enemy we're about to face.  We have a brief start of that (Ice spear haft, Polaris sword) but we need to continue with that.
Aw come on. This is not a computer game. We have complete freedom and a mod not averse to occasional insanity and constant shenanigans. Doing this methodically is just boring. Now let's resume worsening the insanity penalty.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: July 07, 2013, 02:19:35 pm »

No bonus bosses have yet been slain :P

Eh?

BOSSES BONUSED: 1 (5!)

Is that a count of something different?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: July 07, 2013, 02:21:57 pm »

Just cause you can tell something is wrong doesn't mean you can make something better.

I have this terrible as hell desk, and I can tell that it's terrible, that doesn't mean I know how to improve it.

Talkin' ain't doin' crap, and I know that theres a better plan. I just don't know what it is.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: July 07, 2013, 02:44:34 pm »

I like your style. +1.
+1

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: July 07, 2013, 02:46:57 pm »

I like your style. +1.
+1
...If we do this, would changing our accolade to Dwarven aid or hinder this action?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: July 07, 2013, 03:14:31 pm »

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: July 07, 2013, 03:21:28 pm »

I'm thinking you should keep the old style.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: July 07, 2013, 03:22:33 pm »

Uhhh. That's atrocious. Defnitely go back.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: July 07, 2013, 03:23:18 pm »

I'm thinking of temporarily using the new style just so that the Wisps are either debuffed by the jarring change or make them unable to recognize us so that we can start negotiations once more.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: July 07, 2013, 03:25:36 pm »

Uhhh. That's atrocious. Defnitely go back.

Why? I know it doesn't look right but I can't figure out what exactly is wrong with it. Regardless, it would have ruined the mega man joke, so I'm probably not gonna do it :P

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 03:29:01 pm by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1544