Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Legion 2240 A.D. - Never Google "Fourth Degree Burns"  (Read 9048 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - Waitlisting Accepted
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2013, 03:31:39 pm »

Character sheet is a go-go!
Name: Tam Borbok
Bio: Tam was smart. A little too smart fit his own good, as he unintentionally insulted a legionnaire for being stupid. Or something. Anyhow, a few beatings later, he was conscripted.
Stats: 2 DEX 2 CON 5 INT 1CHA
Implants: Neural Booster

What is the setting, I wonder?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:43:37 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2013, 03:41:30 pm »

The two discuss for a moment until Quintillius finally breaks and hands Astri his pistol, a pained look on his face. She grins wryly and stuffs the gun into her belt before helping Quintillius strap the breastplate on. He checks to make sure its firmly secured and nods his approval.

You all face north and begin your journey, the girls leading the way, discussing what will come next and planning for the future, with the pair of grumbling men bringing up the rear, still having not introduced themselves. [5 - No Rations Consumed] A day passes, none of you bothering to stop to eat or rest, all of you still in top shape from the your training days of forced marching. The sun crawls over the horizon and continues the beating it laid upon your hunched forms all yesterday as you push forward, already beginning to sweat again. [4] Cassia holds up one hand, bringing the party to a sudden halt. You guys hear that? A low, sputtering whine wafts across the sand to your collective ears. You all scan the desert, heads turning slowly, with hawkish eyes closed into slits by the harsh sunlight. Alia stops abruptly and raises one slender hand. There. A small powered sled comes barreling over a dune and slides to a stop just at its crest, the screeching whine of its fusion engine settling into a low purr. [2] The hatch is flung open and a man sticks himself halfway out. He reaches for something long and grey thats strapped to the surface of the sleds armoured hull and hefts it in your direction. [5] You all drop your packs and spread out as the sniper rifle cracks, throwing up sand around James' feet. The man swears loudly in a language you don't recognise and works the bolt on his rifle.

Spoiler: Player Characters (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2013, 03:54:47 pm »

"Son of a bitch!" Cassia cursed as she rolled across the sand from her dive, her hand already going for her pistol. "Hey, guys, try not to damage that sled. Maybe we can use it to cross the desert faster," she said as she took aim at their assailant's head. She took a deep breath, held it, braced her wrist on her auto-cannon arm, and squeezed the trigger...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45:33 pm »

try not to damage his rifle either, it could be useful. said quintillius already running towards the sled with his vibro sword drawn

try jumping onto the sled, if successful decapitate the sniper.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2013, 04:51:55 pm »

(Good point. Who should get the rifle if we get it? I'm going to rule myself out because I can't use it; it's bolt action, and I only have one hand, so working the action after every shot would take longer than it should. I already have a pistol for light targets and the auto cannon for heavy targets anyway. :P The melee guys don't really need a powerful ranged weapon. That leaves Tir - who isn't good at combat at all - and la - who honestly isn't much better. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2013, 05:03:41 pm »

Almost forgot. He's a good quarter of a mile away. A four or five will still close the distance if you decide to run at him.

@SeriousConcentrate You get a -1 to using two-handed weapons, but you can still use them. (added to OP)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:21:53 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - The Journey Begins! Fu-yeh!
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2013, 06:40:31 pm »

(OK, I'll keep that in mind if we find a lot of two-handed guns. For now, though, I'd prefer to hand that one out to someone who needs since I still have two guns regardless. ^^^)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2013, 06:44:01 pm »

Aaand my crappy character sheet is done.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »

(OK, I'll keep that in mind if we find a lot of two-handed guns. For now, though, I'd prefer to hand that one out to someone who needs since I still have two guns regardless. ^^^)
Well, duh! :D I never expected you to try and take it, you one-armed silly. :P

Aaand my crappy character sheet is done.
Probably won't be using it for a while. Probably. ::)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2013, 07:17:58 pm »

I can wait.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2013, 08:35:00 pm »

((Woo! Rationing and busy-ness staving off our need to eat and drink! :D))

"Focus people! Lets bargain on the rifle when we get to disarming the wielder, shall we? I can't get a good throw from here, and that weapon can surely kill anyone without proper armor.

"Flank him, I'll distract the shooter."

Charge in a zigzag motion? I'm sure that darn scope would work against me, but still. Distract and evade! Also, warcry.

"Enim Rome!"

Edit:
((Ugh, we wanted to figure it out by ourselves...Bluh.))
Awww. I'm sowwy. :-[ *sniff*
Anyhow, turns up in a bit. Also, more RP damn you! I need MORE!! >:D Tiruin is ideal ATM. What a badass. *claps slowly*
((Eep. I didn't mean it in a bad way! I was just saying that we were close to deciding if you gave us directions. :P

Also, thanks you for that compliment! :D I'm not a badass though XD))
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:41:45 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2013, 08:40:04 pm »

(Almost all the rifle talk was OOC, Tir. XD All that was said in-character was not to damage it.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2013, 02:38:20 am »

Still waiting on Lawastooshort and NRDL. :l

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2013, 03:54:24 am »

Close the distance with Quintilus and shoot with pistol if his melee attack fails. Also zigzag as hard as possible.

(sorry, no lengthy rp today from me as on phone and dislike writing on it. Intensely.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:57:57 am by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2013, 04:31:14 am »

(Almost all the rifle talk was OOC, Tir. XD All that was said in-character was not to damage it.)
((Technically, I was addressing you IC :P Bargaining = not damaging it XD))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8