Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Legion 2240 A.D. - Never Google "Fourth Degree Burns"  (Read 9046 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - Waitlisting Accepted
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 02:53:46 am »

Lol i also specified to wait after grabbing the spears+chestplate and let the others have first pick for the sword and pistol, thats hardly a greedy mans action :P
I was more focused on getting your inventories sorted in the Character Sheet section than making sure the actions were in order.

If you really aren't satisfied with your choice, then work out a trade OOC or somefin' and then notify me so I can switcheroo it around. Sorry for the mixup :-[, but it hardly matters either way. Maybe later on it'll start to count for something once you get some more skill points and your CON bonus makes you more effective as a melee fighter getting in the thick of it than a ranged fighter who is capable of hanging back. Till then you're all just as good as one another at everything during conventional combat (except SeriousConcentrate with his 5 DEX), and one of the swordsmen or your javelin man should take the breastplate. At least for now.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 03:06:39 am »

Lol i also specified to wait after grabbing the spears+chestplate and let the others have first pick for the sword and pistol, thats hardly a greedy mans action :P
I was more focused on getting your inventories sorted in the Character Sheet section than making sure the actions were in order.

If you really aren't satisfied with your choice, then work out a trade OOC or somefin' and then notify me so I can switcheroo it around. Sorry for the mixup :-[, but it hardly matters either way. Maybe later on it'll start to count for something once you get some more skill points and your CON bonus makes you more effective as a melee fighter getting in the thick of it than a ranged fighter who is capable of hanging back. Till then you're all just as good as one another at everything during conventional combat (except SeriousConcentrate with his 5 DEX), and one of the swordsmen or your javelin man should take the breastplate. At least for now.

Yeah i wanted it for the damage mitigation because my character was meant to be a tank at the start and the work towards a +1 str bonus to deal more melee damage.
Im sure we can work something out in character.
Also, i am one of thw swordsmen :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:12:07 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 03:33:41 am »

(Yeah, like I said previously, I'm hoping to dodge blows rather than tank them and fight from long range exclusively if possible. ^^^ If not, well, I guess this left arm will make for a good club or something. :P Anyway, I support Pariah getting the breastplate since a melee fighter should have it and the other swordsman (NRDL) took the shield.)

"Does anyone know which way we're supposed to be going?" Cassia asked, a small bit of worry in her tone. She hadn't thought to ask the watchman and now he was back inside the base.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:36:05 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 03:39:19 am »

Cheers serious :)
Anyways pistol is up for grabs if i get the chestplate, i only have 1 effective dexterity so guns are wasted on my guy until super late game when i have the chance to wirk on my dex score.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 03:52:26 am »

(I would like the pistol quite hard.

Not fussed about the bow and arrows.)

edit: "Er... well, he seemed to be looking that way," says Astria, pointing vaguely towards the desert. "Have you lost the map?"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:58:07 am by lawastooshort »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 03:59:04 am »

Grab me that chestplate and consider it yours   :)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2013, 05:06:41 am »

"Hmm, darn good point Astria. He didn't mention anything about where our destination was, nor how we'd get there - how far it is from our location, or even if we'd get there.

"Just that we've one week for it. However, I'd bet they have the usual points we have to look out for."

Alia used the butt of her javelin to create a crude list in the soil around them to notify anyone else where they were going with a large -> along with what to watch for.

Quote from: Embossed dirt
> Roving patrols in matching uniform
> Any signals in the sky: smoke, sound or lights
> Artificial structure not resembling natural make. If the Outpost is of the latter, scan the horizons.
> Supposedly not in the direction of the desert. North is not viable.
> It obviously isn't behind the walls we've just went through.
> Scan the horizon.

"As I'm guessing the men are choosing to remain anonymous- can't blame them, though they are pretty quiet," she whispered away from them before raising her voice for all to hear, "Any ideas? We're past the Empire border, across its palisade and facing East (So we just came from the West and all). We could scavenge a few loose pieces of wood...but the only way we're going is South or further east."

Examine and scan the four cardinal directions - what do I see around me? Also, try to remember any significant signs of a fellow Legion Outpost.

By grab my equipment i meant the chestplate and spears as per the in character text,  i probably shoulda been clearer about that.

Anyways put on the chestplate and follow the others.
Ill take the javelins, and the breastplate if noone objects.

grab my equipment, pick up the vibro sword and pistol/crossbow if they are left over.
((Its pretty hard to notice what you're aiming for without bolding it.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 07:37:11 pm »

-snip-
OMFG. Totally forgot to add the part where I told you that the Frontier, where the outpost is located, is North. So yeah, you gotta go through the desert.

Edit: Go on! Get! I need actions man!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:07:32 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2013, 10:12:38 pm »

If the others dont post just assume we all head north, i get the armor and lawas gets my pistol.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2013, 10:17:37 pm »

(I was hoping someone would tell Cassia in-character they were heading north. :P)

"Well, if one direction's as good as any other, let's go... north," Cassia said, basing her decision on the fact that it was supposed to be hard to get there and crossing the desert would certainly qualify as hard.

Cassia heads north!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2013, 12:30:43 am »

-snip-
OMFG. Totally forgot to add the part where I told you that the Frontier, where the outpost is located, is North. So yeah, you gotta go through the desert.

Edit: Go on! Get! I need actions man!
((Ugh, we wanted to figure it out by ourselves...Bluh.))

"Errh- one week over dune and star. Alright, here's a small briefing of what I know about there. Its deathly hot at day, and darned cold at night. Keep your clothes on - I'm talking about you men here, for if we sweat (I mean, who won't?) it'll retain that to cool us off.

"Keep on watch for any shrubbery. They mean water. Also, don't drink straight from cacti despite the popular opinion...Several species of such are...err, toxic. Seeps into water. You get the idea."

Alia drew that arrow, facing northwards.

If the others dont post just assume we all head north, i get the armor and lawas gets my pistol.
((He hasn't answered. Wait for him to answer, would you?))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2013, 03:54:24 am »

"Gosh."

Pocketing the pistol, Astria also trudges North.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 02:58:36 pm »

((Ugh, we wanted to figure it out by ourselves...Bluh.))
Awww. I'm sowwy. :-[ *sniff*
Anyhow, turns up in a bit. Also, more RP damn you! I need MORE!! >:D Tiruin is ideal ATM. What a badass. *claps slowly*
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:02:42 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2013, 03:18:26 pm »

Can the Neural Booster be used more than once?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2013, 03:24:21 pm »

Yes. There's a five turn cooldown.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8