Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Legion 2240 A.D. - Never Google "Fourth Degree Burns"  (Read 9028 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - The Journey Begins! Fu-yeh!
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2013, 11:48:17 pm »

(Can I suggest we auto/skip NRDL? It seems like he's forgotten/lost interest in this. >.< I don't want it to die prematurely just 'cause we're waiting on one guy...

Also, looks like he hasn't been on in the past four days.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:52:14 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2013, 11:52:48 pm »

(Can I suggest we auto/skip NRDL? It seems like he's forgotten/lost interest in this. >.< I don't want it to die prematurely just 'cause we're waiting on one guy...

This
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2013, 12:45:11 am »

This
((Aye.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:13 am »

This
((Aye.))
I haven't been waiting for him, I'm just busy. Turns up tomorrow. Unless I do them now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - Waitlisting Accepted
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2013, 01:00:15 am »

Quintillus takes a flying leap onto the sled seconds after he sees the sniper fall and after bursting through the hatch he brings his vibro sword down on the first crewmember he sees in a fit of bloodlust roaring mindlessly as he does so.

enter vehicle, murder crew
[3] You scramble clumsily atop the sled and do your best to keep from flying off when it jolts into motion. The wind whistles in your ears as the sled roars across the desert. You get low so as not to be swept off the vehicle and crawl hand-for-hand until you reach the hatch. You watch helplessly as one of the women wrestles with a grim faced engineer.

Sniper down, good. Armored carrier, not so good. Cannot implant javelin, no wheels.

No, too dangerous. Must stop its mobility.

"Everyone get on it!"

Hop onto APC-ish thing, locate entrance, try to pry it open with javelin. If not, then at least make noise to...fool them in discerning where our locations are...on it.
[5] You take a flying leap and land deftly upon the hull of the sled. You look down, finding the hatch directly between your legs, and pull whats left of the sniper out of the vehicle and roll him over the side of the bulkhead face first into the sand. You sling the dead man's rifle across your back for safekeeping and turn your attention back to the matters at hand. The sled rumbles to life and jumps forward. [4] You quickly hook your toes into some nearby convenient handholds and easily maintain your position over the recessed cupola. [3] You see a gloved hand reach for the handle to the hatch from the darkened interior of the carrier and pin it in place using the shaft of your javelin. A dark-skinned engineer in heavy coveralls rises from within and emits a low growl. [6] A plasma torch sparks to life in his off hand.

If it’s good enough for Croquettius it’s good enough for me, reflected Astria, thinking back to the heroes of old she was taught about at school. Croquettius was a semi-legendary figure from the golden age: it was said that once he had singlehandedly destroyed an entire legion of enemy armoured vehicles. And as every child knew, that godly rampage had started by climbing into an enemy tank and tearing apart the crew in vicious and gruesome hand to hand fighting.

”For Rome!” she cried, leaping onto the crude enemy contraption. ”Gosh!”

Waiting for her companions to ring the bell, she readied her pistol to take down the first thing that answered the door.

An excitable blood-lust flushed into her eyes. She seemed perhaps very slightly less pale than a few moments ago.

Leap onto the vehicle. Cover our forced entry with my pistol. Shoot the first enemy in sight, preferably in the face.
[6] You run across the sand and jump up onto one of the steel vanes that directs the engine's exhaust. [1] The vehicle lurches forward, pulling the platform out from beneath you and blasting you with 2000 degree exhaust fumes. Your entire body is covered in burns, such that your consciousness doesn't even register that you're dead until its already too late.

Cassia grinned. "Knew I could hit that shot! Hey, wait... that thing's starting up!" Even though she was aware she probably couldn't make it there, she started charging for the vehicle anyway in a desperate attempt to catch up.

(I would take a shot at it with my cannon, but I don't want to risk hitting a teammate... or the engine, since if we can capture this thing that would be pretty impressive to our commanders at the fort we're going to. >.>)
You run towards the vehicle as three of your companions leap onto it. One of them immediately loses her balance as the sled comes under power and she tumbles backwards and hits the sand hard. You're puzzled at the fact that she doesn't seem to be moving.

Spoiler: Player Characters (click to show/hide)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - Never Google "Fourth Degree Burns"
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2013, 02:05:10 am »

Whoops.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2013, 02:37:30 am »

Cassia paused for a moment to check on Astria - but only a moment, as it became blindingly obvious she wasn't even alive when she got close enough. "Damn... can't even bury you out here in the desert. Rest in peace, girl." She sighed and went through the grim task of taking her equipment, since she or one of her compatriots could still make use of it. There was no chance for Cassia to catch the sled anymore anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2013, 04:59:25 am »

ASTRIA NOOOO!!! yells quintillus as he sees hr falling off the back of the sled and into the superheated exhaust.
climb up onto the deck and murder the crew in a righteous fury
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2013, 10:01:11 am »

((NOT LA!))

((Also, I pinned a gloved hand with my javelin - bash with the blunt end, or just hit it against the hatch?))

"It had to be plasma..." Alia said to herself as her mind raced for the best method of attack. The man would surely thrust that torch at her lower body, aiming for the leg or foot from his position.

Well, it wouldn't be the case, hopefully. The hatch was their only way in, and the desert rovers' only way out.

So she went with the tactful application of boot to the face along with a nice bash to the shoulderblade of the off-hand.

NRDL's Character, Jim, shall hopefully snap out of his bewilderment and aid his allies by getting on that sand vehicle and helping them NOT DIE.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:09:33 am by Tiruin »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2013, 12:59:19 am »

((Also, I pinned a gloved hand with my javelin - bash with the blunt end, or just hit it against the hatch?))
You pinned his hand to the hatch with the non-pointy end of your javelin.

NRDL quit, and Lawastooshort is dead. :C So Xantalos is up! :D

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2013, 02:51:01 am »

Huzzah! Now, who am I again? I just watched Christoph Waltz method acting; I need to get in character.

EDIT: And 'Cocky Intelligent Bastard Dude' is a go!
Do I just enter or do I get introduced by the GM?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:56:55 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2013, 03:00:22 am »

My bets are on
A) we rescue you from captivity inside the sled
Or
B) you gotta wait

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2013, 03:01:45 am »

My bets are on
A) we rescue you from captivity inside the sled
Or
B) you gotta wait
First I have to figure out what's going on. I really should actually be reading the thread, shouldn't I? :P

EDIT: Well, that escalated quickly. Allow me to be the smartass of the group, once I'm introduced.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:16:42 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2013, 06:32:20 am »

Wait list, pl0x.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Legion 2240 A.D. - Waitlisting Accepted
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2013, 05:10:59 pm »

Xantalos (I'll do your sheet once you've been freed): The distinct whine of a las-gun warming up pulls you back to reality. You're sitting in the back of some sort of a dark yet open compartment with glowing instrumentation lining the walls and steel bonds about both your wrists. You notice two of your captors struggling near the open hatch of the compartment and shouting in Gallic, with one of them fiddling with his pistol as the other does battle with some unknown foe atop the deck of the..vehicle perhaps? You think thats what you're in right now. The man standing out of the hatch slumps back into the compartment, a sword buried into his throat. Your heart leaps when you recognise it to be of Roman make. The man with the pistol is not so thrilled and utters a low cry of terror. He regains his composure and quickly pulls the sword free with his opposite hand.

Cassia paused for a moment to check on Astria - but only a moment, as it became blindingly obvious she wasn't even alive when she got close enough. "Damn... can't even bury you out here in the desert. Rest in peace, girl." She sighed and went through the grim task of taking her equipment, since she or one of her compatriots could still make use of it. There was no chance for Cassia to catch the sled anymore anyway.
You bow your head and say a quick prayer to Mars. You're surprised when she suddenly coughs and you realise she's still slightly alive. Blood wells up and pours from the corners of her mouth and she stares at you weakly. You sit there awkwardly for a few minutes until she finishes choking to death and you can loot her corpse in good conscience. [2] All of her gear has been melted into her skin or scorched to mere ashes. Nothing is salvageable.

"It had to be plasma..." Alia said to herself as her mind raced for the best method of attack. The man would surely thrust that torch at her lower body, aiming for the leg or foot from his position.

Well, it wouldn't be the case, hopefully. The hatch was their only way in, and the desert rovers' only way out.

So she went with the tactful application of boot to the face along with a nice bash to the shoulderblade of the off-hand.
[2] You raise one foot and prepare to stomp the shit out of the engineer when the crawler shudders roughly and you pitch backwards. [2] You feel a crunch as you slam to the deck and let out a long scream, letting your javelin slip from your grasp and clutching your snapped ankle with both hands. You can't seem to get your twisted limb untangled from the handhold, and Quintillius moves to the hatch to take your place.

ASTRIA NOOOO!!! yells quintillus as he sees her falling off the back of the sled and into the superheated exhaust.
climb up onto the deck and murder the crew in a righteous fury
[5] You get to your feet and make your way over to the hatch, only just dodging the sputtering torch that the now freed engineer is waving at you from his place halfway out of the portal. [6] You unsheathe your sword and send it spinning directly into the mechanic's exposed throat. Blood sprays across the hull and his eyes roll back into his head as he slips back into the dark of the crew compartment below.

Spoiler: Player Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:36:42 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8