Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220675 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1485 on: January 22, 2013, 06:04:18 pm »

"I am Donut, Disciple of Donut."

If we help out a bunch of people with this sort of thing.

"We are Donuts."
We are Donut. Our heads are full of holes.

Extra lawl points if we end up nicknaming Serena "Milk" and/or our kid "Cookie".
What happens when Cookie starts to dip in Milk?

So...important decisions about our followers lives?
Gotta ensure that there's no incest.  And Cookie and Milk is supposed to be OUR kid and Serena (The goddess).

We're gods. Does it actually matter, besides personal reasons?
Do I get bonus points for completely sidetracking this thread?

You can have a cookie.

Besides, we're kinda planning for the future.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: January 22, 2013, 06:08:41 pm »

Maybe move this conversation to the ooc?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:34:36 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 22, 2013, 06:30:41 pm »

Very IC discussion in th IC thread.... damned flooders. Anyway:
Creating two races is a way to create internal conflicts in society unless they are very different (Like sentint trees. Or hives of insects...) But no two humanoid races. Especially one clearly superior to another. That includes different varieties of humans )

Also, I am against any serious genetic modification because that will limit our growth in future (normal humans will shun our society as a society of  damned monsters)

Sporejackets... We have a perfectly fine way to spread spores right now, there are absolutely no need to create them. Also, our most likely enemies are gods of death, and they don't care about spores much. And many things can go wrong with such creatures... From hurting our own people to killing fire-jackets.  And I am as anti new creatures as you people anti-boon, waste of mana in most cases

I was 1000% sure that you'll request the adamantium dagger  [sarcasm] of cause it's far more important to spend a shitload of silver to buy an expensive toy for Laksus than arm our soldiers [/sarcasm] The only excuse is the tournament, but still his kukri are doing the job

As for constructive ideas... I honestly don't know, not enough time to do anything serious and I made my suggestion almost exactly after the update.
Maybe create immediately useful crop on the fields (something useful for war\industry\trade),
Maybe grow corrupted trees along the new roads on our territory, (Any road can be used by invader) or some beautiful plants (flowers)   to make better expression for everyone who visit us. (Again that's a perfect job for plant booners.... but there are irrational fear of boons).
Maybe do our own, grassy road to Ceres and join it to the network that is forming and turning our village into a trade center.
Maybe  expand our old rose bush to cover the whole settlement (BTW, nice thing to grow along the road).
Maybe grow a palisade. Maybe grow comfortable nests for spiders.
Maybe grow plants with deep roots that could absorb tiny amounts of manarack in soil( Not rock, soil. It should have it, that's how many veins work).
Maybe grow flowers all over Minas Ihor to impress the elves and their goddess... I could continue but:
a) It will  all get rejected by majority, anyway. That's not cool. And we need to save maaaana
b) I do think that it's stupid for Donut to do such small tasks himself, when he can grant boons for that ( and preferably permanent ones, not my attempt to compromise with the competition)
c) Doing it all in one turn is tiresome
d) Another butch of direct divine improvement is a babysitting our worshipers, that's bad (giving boons = giving a rod, direct intervention = giving a fish)
e) This post will be  ignored in the wall of flood

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:42:09 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 22, 2013, 06:41:33 pm »

Creating two races is a way to create internal conflicts in society unless they are very different (Like sentint trees. Or hives of insects...) But no two humanoid races. Especially one clearly superior to another. That includes different varieties of humans )

Also, I am against any serious genetic modification because that will limit our growth in future (normal humans will shun our society as a society of  damned monsters)

Sporejackets... We have a perfectly fine way to spread spores right now, there are absolutely no need to create them. Also, our most likely enemies are gods of death, and they don't care about spores much. And many things can go wrong with such creatures... From hurting our own people to killing fire-jackets.  And I am as anti new creatures as you people anti-boon, waste of mana in most cases

I'd suggest to improve agriculture, but that will shutdowned, and anyway, direct boost  to agriculture is a cost ineffective way comparing to boons. And another instance of babysitting humans, something I dislike

I was 1000% sure that you'll request the adamantium dagger  [sarcasm] of cause it's far more important to spend a shitload of silver to buy an expensive toy for Laksus than arm our soldiers [/sarcasm] The only excuse is the tournament, but still his kukri are doing the job

As for constructive ideas... I honestly don't know, not enough time to do anything serious and I made my suggestion almost exactly after the update.
Maybe create immediately useful crop on the fields (something useful for war\industry\trade),
Maybe grow corrupted trees along the new roads on our territory, (Any road can be used by invader) or some beautiful plants (flowers)   to make better expression for everyone who visit us. (Again that's a perfect job for plant booners.... but there are irrational fear of boons).
Maybe do our own, grassy road to Ceres and join it to the network that is forming and turning our village into a trade center.
Maybe  expand our old rose bush to cover the whole settlement (BTW, nice thing to grow along the road).
Maybe grow plants with deep roots that could absorb tiny amounts of manarack in soil( Not rock, soil. It should have it, that's how many veins work).
Maybe grow flowers all over Minas Ihor to impress the elves and their goddess... I could continue but:
a) It will  all get rejected by majority, anyway. That's not cool. And we need to save maaaana
b) I do think that it's stupid for Donut to do such small tasks himself, when he can grant boons for that ( and preferably permanent ones, not my attempt to compromise with the competition)
d) This post will be  ignored in the wall of flood
As far as most of this goes, +1. However, I think sporejackets may be useful for spreading spores where we can, or some way to spread the fungus, just growing flowers is not a good use of mana, although the manarack flowers are, and we still do not need more boons, where would they be all that helpful to raise grass and make plants grow slightly faster? Also, most of your complaining about how no one listens to you etc. have just been rendered completely ineffectual.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 22, 2013, 06:45:22 pm »

I think sporejackets may be useful for spreading spores where we can
Do you mean sending sporejackets to our neighbors and turning their citizens in fungus spawn?
Because I see no other places to spread the spores
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 22, 2013, 06:50:52 pm »

I think sporejackets may be useful for spreading spores where we can
Do you mean sending sporejackets to our neighbors and turning their citizens in fungus spawn?
Because I see no other places to spread the spores
To the enemy armies. Some of the enemy force will be fungused and we can have something like the effect we saw earlier at the halls of beard-vomit.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 22, 2013, 06:55:59 pm »

To the enemy armies. Some of the enemy force will be fungused and we can have something like the effect we saw earlier at the halls of beard-vomit.
As I said - death gods will laugh out that attack
And what will sporejackets do, when there are no armies like right now?

and

where would they be all that helpful to raise grass and make plants grow slightly faster?
Everywhere, boons are useful in all plant related jobs.
Elven chick doesn't build a road herself, she uses boons, same goes for Uristiel and castle construction. Everything in the list above can be done by booners, sometimes with our minor aid.  Most without our aid at all (Like growing a palisade (or combination of growing and carpentry) , or decorating the village, or expanding the rose bush)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 22, 2013, 06:57:58 pm »

Spore landmines?

Anyway, we don't even know which direction the Order is coming from. They could go past Maherport or Ceres. We need scouts in both locations, to generally keep an eye on things. Missions can be sent later if we want.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 22, 2013, 07:01:17 pm »

and

where would they be all that helpful to raise grass and make plants grow slightly faster?
Elven chick doesn't build a road herself, she uses boons, same goes for Uristiel and castle construction. Everything in the list above can be done by booners, sometimes with our minor aid.  Most without our aid at all (Like growing a palisade (or combination of growing and carpentry) , or decorating the village, or expanding the rose bush)
To the first, 3 things. Not all our enemies will be death gods, death gods can't be everywhere at once, and they can't shield all their forces and their supplies. As to the second, most of those things require more than a minor plant boon on a skilless worshipper, and we don't need to decorate our village, how much of a bonus to anything would we actually get from that? Also, what Elven chick? we haven't met the elves yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 22, 2013, 07:17:48 pm »

As to the second, most of those things require more than a minor plant boon on a skilless worshipper
I am tired of that - men with minor boon can do nothing
Eldrick expanded, empowered and repaired the rose bush with level one boon. Growing wood for palicade should be even easier. Raising plants along the roads is timeconsuming but easy. Slightly improving the rate of crop raising is absolutely trivial.  Especially when he have level 3 booner that can aid them ( or rather minor booners will help Eldrick) 
The only thing that is hard for them: Making new types of plants, but still doable with our aid, especially if we give  minor chaos boons to them, like we did with the priestess of Krait (Oh, Krait is an idiot! He was so happy that we granted his priestess a minor healing boon (2 mana one)  He doesn't know that minor ones are useless. Stupid guy

We need to start giving rods to our people.

and we don't need to decorate our village
[sarcasm] Of cause, improving the quality of life is unimportant (uncool) . As well as impressing potential worshipers and god of light.  [/sarcasm]

And you didn't answer - what will sporejackets do in times of peace? Don't you expect some problems from them? Don't you think that Mana spent on them can be used elsewhere
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:36:04 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 22, 2013, 07:26:57 pm »

Eldrick cleaves the skull of one opponent in half, kicking the body away from him, then gestures at a trio of skeletons rushing him. Small thorn bushes sprouted instantly at their feet, toppling their charge and sending them sprawling at his feet. Three swift strokes of the broadsword ended their frantic attempts to regain their feet, and Eldrick moved on to find another target.

That's what Eldrick did with level 1 boon, level 1 skill
Surely - powerless... Just raised several bushes with one gesture. Absolutely powerless, right?

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 22, 2013, 07:37:57 pm »

I just read through most of this and I would like to say a great story so far and I'm sure it'll continue to be great. I just thought I'd throw my thoughts in and I apologize if I get anything wrong, but anyways onto what I want to say.

d) Another butch of direct divine improvement is a babysitting our worshipers, that's bad (giving boons = giving a rod, direct intervention = giving a fish)
e) This post will be  ignored in the wall of flood
I agree with a good majority of this, but I am against making new creatures and gifting boons. Not anything against either one of them they have their situations in which they should be employed and each carries their own advantages but that is not why I am against them. I'm against them because they both can waste mana if not used properly as with some of our creations that cost on the upper end of over 100 mana that are sometimes over-specialized, not saying that this is bad it's just that it hasn't been a total disaster and I believe that the benefits from each creation has at least equalled its cost, much the same with boons. I believe that we should be selective with each power as they are an investment of mana, I don't mean to suggest to stockpile it just stating that it is a resource, boons I believe(please correct me if I'm wrong) cost 2 mana a day and can't be dispelled for 3 days for simple boons and UR I believe(and I apologize in advance if I'm wrong) you suggested that we give out 10 boons to people to see the effects/help with farming and such. While I'm sure that the results would have compensated for the cost, if it did not work out the way that we had hoped it would cost 60 mana before we could cancel it. I'm not saying to not experiment and take risks just to be wary of the consequences and my position on boons is that we should be selective and give them to exceptional people so that they can use them to help out with their specialized tasks, much like the alchemist and the chaos boon.

and

To the first, 3 things. Not all our enemies will be death gods, death gods can't be everywhere at once, and they can't shield all their forces and their supplies. As to the second, most of those things require more than a minor plant boon on a skilless worshipper, and we don't need to decorate our village, how much of a bonus to anything would we actually get from that? Also, what Elven chick? we haven't met the elves yet.
I think he's referring to the goddess we just met and talking about her I don't think the people helping her are using boons just magic, she did say that a large number of mages reside in her city because of the library there.

Thank you all for sitting through that while I rambled I just wanted to say what I had on my mind.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 22, 2013, 07:38:28 pm »

As to the second, most of those things require more than a minor plant boon on a skilless worshipper
I am tired of that - men with minor boon can do nothing
Eldrick expanded, empowered and repaired the rose bush with level one boon. Growing wood for palicade should be even easier. Slightly improving the rate of crop raising is absolutely trivial. Especially when he have level 3 booner that can aid them ( or rather minor booners will help Eldrick) 
The only thing that is hard for them: Making new types of plants, but still doable with our aid, especially if we give many minor chaos boons to them, like we did with the priestess of Krait (Oh, Krait is an idiot! He was so happy that we granted his priestess a minor healing boon (2 mana one)  He doesn't know that minor ones are useless. Stupid guy

We need to start giving rods to our people.

and we don't need to decorate our village
[sarcasm] Of cause, improving the quality of life is unimportant (uncool) . As well as impressing potential worshipers and god of light. 

And you didn't answer - what will sporejackets do in times of peace? Don't you expect some problems from them? Don't you think that Mana spent on them can be used elsewhere
[/quote]
Minor boons are not useless, they are just not very useful. The mana spent on just a few temporary minor life boons (6 mana for each) would be easier to use to just do the task ourself. And yes, I agree that raising crop rate slightly is absolutely trivial. As for the boons, we are all for more boons, just not nearly to the extent you are. If we go for more boons, we should give a select few people major boons at least. In addition, the priestess was not granted a minor boon, it was a major one. As for the decorating, I don't honestly believe planting flowers will improve quality of life or immigration/conversion by any detectable amount. If someone planted a few flowers outside my house, I doubt that would improve my quality of life. As for sporetrackers, we don't need them yet, and so according to my philosophy, don't make them yet. When we need them, we can start producing a few. And when do you think we will have peace? I don't see an end to this war with the EoT in the forseeable future. Also, you interpret in your post my response as dismissing you as stupid for thinking minor boons are useful. I am simply discussing my view on this issue. Just because you have a different view, does not mean it is less valid or important, as long as it is based on correct fact. The purpose of debate is to convince people your view is the best course. Then whoever does that best, has the best course of action. And as to the ninja, he raised some small plants to tip the enemy, and I believe he had some life skill already.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:41:28 pm by Remuthra »

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 22, 2013, 07:41:29 pm »

Takes this over to the OOC instead of keep flooding the IC with arguments.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 22, 2013, 07:52:44 pm »

I'm agreeing with Ukrainian Ranger here. Giving out boons to people would be especially effective due to the fact that plant booners could potentially raise the Stems back up when they die on the battlefield, not to mention the fact that our greatest defense as of right now is a giant rose bush which, coincidentally, is a plant. Imagine a giant wall that can continually defend itself by throwing out thorny vines to kill our enemies.

Sporejackets seem, no offense meant, useless right now. They don't make a valuable trade resource. The only enemies we've seen the spores work on are zombies and greenskins. The Mana spent on these sporejackets could very well go to "cooler" projects like corrupting all the trees in our forest. Personally Ents are more useful than bugs that shoot ineffective spores.

On the matter of having a beautification project being supposedly "not a good use of mana". That's utter non-sense. Do people go to places because they look like shit? No, they go to places that actually look decent and have something there that they want. Quality of life is what gets us worshipers and immigrants.

Anyways, I think we should do these things after the tournament
1.Expand the rose bush and give it abilities to defend itself such as the ability to throw vines and use them to attack enemies..
2.Send out minor patrols of stems along the trade routes in order to ensure there are no ambushes by greenskins or anything else.
3.Decrease the gestation period of the Stem seeds back to about 3-4 days.
4.Corrupt the trees along the trade routes for extra defense purposes.
5.Have our Stems train with our other creatures and promote Combined Arms Tactics to ensure that.
6.Ask any of the souls if they would like to go back to the material world in order to be souls for the firejackets.

Feel free to say they're all stupid and ask me for my reasoning behind them. Or just do the first half that's alright too.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 130