Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220674 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1470 on: January 22, 2013, 04:06:09 pm »

I am not suggesting physically manipulating the child to some monstrosity but just giving the child some abilities that manifest itself over a decade or two; so the child doesn't get overwhelmed.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 22, 2013, 04:42:27 pm »

I don't think we should tamper with unborn humans like we do with fully grown ones. We are a god of Chaos, but we are also benevolent. If we don't manage to get the child born (or turn it into a wretched abomination) because we were tinkering around with it, we are going to loose followers (obviously the child and it's parents, but also others who then see that their god can fail).
I say we just touch upon the child, make sure there are no curses or illnesses, have Lara heal the mother of any illness we find and then just let nature go it's way. I am sure even us touching on an unborn life will have an effect on the child, and it's more Chaotic if we don't know what effect that will be.
I guess we can give the mother a ring with a small manarack stone embedded in it to promote any tendencies that develop with the child.
+1 to this, don't try to mess with the child, who knows what will happen just because of our prescense? It's like in Eragon.
+1
it goes without saying that I'm also against tampering with the child. its human potential will just have to blossom on its own.
+1
Let's just make sure babby is formed without issues first. Hell, let's suggest naming the kid after the girl from Eragon anyway, though.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1472 on: January 22, 2013, 04:47:40 pm »

I don't think we should tamper with unborn humans like we do with fully grown ones. We are a god of Chaos, but we are also benevolent. If we don't manage to get the child born (or turn it into a wretched abomination) because we were tinkering around with it, we are going to loose followers (obviously the child and it's parents, but also others who then see that their god can fail).
I say we just touch upon the child, make sure there are no curses or illnesses, have Lara heal the mother of any illness we find and then just let nature go it's way. I am sure even us touching on an unborn life will have an effect on the child, and it's more Chaotic if we don't know what effect that will be.
I guess we can give the mother a ring with a small manarack stone embedded in it to promote any tendencies that develop with the child.
+1 to this, don't try to mess with the child, who knows what will happen just because of our prescense? It's like in Eragon.
+1
it goes without saying that I'm also against tampering with the child. its human potential will just have to blossom on its own.
+1
Let's just make sure babby is formed without issues first. Hell, let's suggest naming the kid after the girl from Eragon anyway, though.

Are we talking about Hope or Elva? Also, I don't really think we should tell the parents what to name their kid.

+1, by the way.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 22, 2013, 04:58:32 pm »

+1
+1

Are we talking about Hope or Elva? Also, I don't really think we should tell the parents what to name their kid.

+1, by the way.
Are you kidding me?  We are likely gonna enable them to have children now.  It's almost guaranteed that they'll ask us our opinion.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1474 on: January 22, 2013, 05:02:17 pm »

+1
+1

+1, by the way.
Are you kidding me?  We are likely gonna enable them to have children now.  It's almost guaranteed that they'll ask us our opinion.

Just because they want to doesn't mean we should. Maybe they'll name their kid after us though...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 22, 2013, 05:05:36 pm »

+1
+1

+1, by the way.

Just because they want to doesn't mean we should. Maybe they'll name their kid after us though...
"I am Donut, Disciple of Donut."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1476 on: January 22, 2013, 05:12:08 pm »

If we help out a bunch of people with this sort of thing.

"We are Donuts."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 22, 2013, 05:28:17 pm »

"We are Donuts."
And thus our people came to be called the Donutites.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 22, 2013, 05:31:35 pm »

"We are Donuts."
We are Donut. Our heads are full of holes.

Extra lawl points if we end up nicknaming Serena "Milk" and/or our kid "Cookie".
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1479 on: January 22, 2013, 05:35:41 pm »

"We are Donuts."

Extra lawl points if we end up nicknaming Serena "Milk" and/or our kid "Cookie".

I don't that'd work too well, lol.

"Hey Milk!", "Milky"

I can only imagine the debates we'll have once we meet another female god.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:39:10 pm by kytuzian »

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 22, 2013, 05:54:16 pm »

"We are Donuts."

What happens when Cookie starts to dip in Milk?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1481 on: January 22, 2013, 05:54:56 pm »

"We are Donuts."

So...important decisions about our followers lives?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 22, 2013, 05:56:42 pm »

"We are Donuts."

Gotta ensure that there's no incest.  And Cookie and Milk is supposed to be OUR kid and Serena (The goddess).

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1483 on: January 22, 2013, 05:57:41 pm »

"We are Donuts."

Gotta ensure that there's no incest.  And Cookie and Milk is supposed to be OUR kid and Serena (The goddess).

We're gods. Does it actually matter, besides personal reasons?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 22, 2013, 06:02:56 pm »

"We are Donuts."

We're gods. Does it actually matter, besides personal reasons?
Do I get bonus points for completely sidetracking this thread?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 130