Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220676 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1500 on: January 22, 2013, 07:55:59 pm »

I'm agreeing with Ukrainian Ranger here. Giving out boons to people would be especially effective due to the fact that plant booners could potentially raise the Stems back up when they die on the battlefield, not to mention the fact that our greatest defense as of right now is a giant rose bush which, coincidentally, is a plant. Imagine a giant wall that can continually defend itself by throwing out thorny vines to kill our enemies.

Sporejackets seem, no offense meant, useless right now. They don't make a valuable trade resource. The only enemies we've seen the spores work on are zombies and greenskins. The Mana spent on these sporejackets could very well go to "cooler" projects like corrupting all the trees in our forest. Personally Ents are more useful than bugs that shoot ineffective spores.

On the matter of having a beautification project being supposedly "not a good use of mana". That's utter non-sense. Do people go to places because they look like shit? No, they go to places that actually look decent and have something there that they want. Quality of life is what gets us worshipers and immigrants.

Anyways, I think we should do these things after the tournament
1.Expand the rose bush and give it abilities to defend itself such as the ability to throw vines and use them to attack enemies..
2.Send out minor patrols of stems along the trade routes in order to ensure there are no ambushes by greenskins or anything else.
3.Decrease the gestation period of the Stem seeds back to about 3-4 days.
4.Corrupt the trees along the trade routes for extra defense purposes.
5.Have our Stems train with our other creatures and promote Combined Arms Tactics to ensure that.
6.Ask any of the souls if they would like to go back to the material world in order to be souls for the firejackets.

Feel free to say they're all stupid and ask me for my reasoning behind them. Or just do the first half that's alright too.
+1 to all, fine by me.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1501 on: January 22, 2013, 08:05:33 pm »

We don't need sporejackets, we already have other ways to spread spores.

We should give some people boons so they can do things without us being there. It doesn't cost that much mana, not to mention the extra we could get from converts from missionary excursions. It's a good investment.

Also, like previously mentioned, they could help our troops in battle. They'd be like clerics, and those are invaluable.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 22, 2013, 08:08:06 pm »

We should give some people boons so they can do things without us being there. It doesn't cost that much mana, not to mention the extra we could get from converts from missionary excursions. It's a good investment.

Also, like previously mentioned, they could help our troops in battle. They'd be like clerics, and those are invaluable.
Agreed, we just want some way to spread spores, and we should give a few people major boons, it is more efficient.

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 22, 2013, 08:09:19 pm »

I'm agreeing with Ukrainian Ranger here. Giving out boons to people would be especially effective due to the fact that plant booners could potentially raise the Stems back up when they die on the battlefield, not to mention the fact that our greatest defense as of right now is a giant rose bush which, coincidentally, is a plant. Imagine a giant wall that can continually defend itself by throwing out thorny vines to kill our enemies.

Sporejackets seem, no offense meant, useless right now. They don't make a valuable trade resource. The only enemies we've seen the spores work on are zombies and greenskins. The Mana spent on these sporejackets could very well go to "cooler" projects like corrupting all the trees in our forest. Personally Ents are more useful than bugs that shoot ineffective spores.

On the matter of having a beautification project being supposedly "not a good use of mana". That's utter non-sense. Do people go to places because they look like shit? No, they go to places that actually look decent and have something there that they want. Quality of life is what gets us worshipers and immigrants.

Anyways, I think we should do these things after the tournament
1.Expand the rose bush and give it abilities to defend itself such as the ability to throw vines and use them to attack enemies..
2.Send out minor patrols of stems along the trade routes in order to ensure there are no ambushes by greenskins or anything else.
3.Decrease the gestation period of the Stem seeds back to about 3-4 days.
4.Corrupt the trees along the trade routes for extra defense purposes.
5.Have our Stems train with our other creatures and promote Combined Arms Tactics to ensure that.
6.Ask any of the souls if they would like to go back to the material world in order to be souls for the firejackets.

Feel free to say they're all stupid and ask me for my reasoning behind them. Or just do the first half that's alright too.
+1 to all, fine by me.
Same here plus the idea below both are great ideas. I'm especially fond of the idea of boon missionaries, but that's just my preference.

Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1504 on: January 22, 2013, 08:12:22 pm »

Next turn (including all random feast stuff), my voted actions:

1) Make sure unborn child is healthy, but don't tamper any more than that.
2) Grant three people Major Life boons.
3) Send caravan to elves, include at least one Cleric.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 22, 2013, 08:15:03 pm »

Next turn (including all random feast stuff), my voted actions:

1) Make sure unborn child is healthy, but don't tamper any more than that.
2) Grant three people Major Life boons.
3) Send caravan to elves, include at least one Cleric.
We should go ourselves to the elves (yay, euphony!) before we send a caravan, same as the dwarves. Otherwise, +1.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »

I agree that raising crop rate slightly is absolutely trivial.
Crop rate is somehow a bad thing? Good farmers are bad to have? Or we can't spend 5% daily mana income to improve quality of life vastly?
Oh and that "slightly" with 10 booned can be like  +50%, or, +100% or +300%. Because minor booner can raise an adult plant from nothing in a matter of seconds. And do it few times per day.
Of cause they may find more useful jobs then raising food, (from improving the rose wall to converting stems to saps to doing something great together with Eldrick as his assistants) But if they have nothing to do - raise food for trade

Minor boons are not useless, they are just not very useful.
One minor boon - is not very useful. Many minor boons - quite useful.
What make you think that 10 minor booners are weaker than 3-4 major booners of the same skill? or 1-2 potent booners with the same skill?

the priestess was not granted a minor boon, it was a major one.
Wrong. It is a  minor healing boon (2 mana) + very minor chaos boon (1 mana)

If we go for more boons, we should give a select few people major boons at least. 
Yeah, I prefer giving like 10 minor boons and 3-4 major ones. Or better promote talented minor booners to major ones

Other then that +1 to Firelordsky, except that no need to wait till the tournament, some things can be done now (like talking with souls)

We should give some people boons so they can do things without us being there. It doesn't cost that much mana, not to mention the extra we could get from converts from missionary excursions. It's a good investment. Also, like previously mentioned, they could help our troops in battle. They'd be like clerics, and those are invaluable.
I like to read that. It's like I wrote it myself. But why I never though about the role of battle clerics for saps? It's the best use

Let's make 10 minor plant booners (20 mana daily) , or, at least, 5 (10 mana daily)  minor plant booners, or at most 10 minor + 3 major (32 mana daily)  Some may be civilians and improve quality of life, some may act like commanders and trainers for the units of stems, some may tend for corrupted trees and rosewall and improve our defense
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1507 on: January 22, 2013, 08:21:25 pm »

Let's make 10 minor plant booners (20 mana daily) , or, at least, 5 (10 mana daily)  minor plant booners, or at most 10 minor + 3 major (32 mana daily)  Some may be civilians and improve quality of life, some may act like commanders and trainers for the units of stems, some may tend for corrupted trees and rosewall and improve our defense

Let's compromise.

Grant 5 minor boons, and 1 major.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 22, 2013, 08:21:51 pm »

I tried to post this earlier but my Internet is bipolar so I'm not sure if it went through:

No souls for fire jackets!!!  It's not even a bad idea but there are soooo many better uses for souls than that.  I'd be pretty annoyed if we put them towards that instead of creating a new race, making golems, or a dozen other better uses.

Everything else sounds okay though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 22, 2013, 08:27:12 pm »

How about 4 minor and 2 major? Then we'll have a nice 4>2>1(Eldrick) progression. Somewhere later, if we decide that we need more,  we may upgrade them all and add a new layer of level 1 boons. making the pyramid like 8>4>2>1

But if we do grant major, be sure that Eldrick will oversee and train unskilled major booners
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 22, 2013, 08:28:42 pm »

I tried to post this earlier but my Internet is bipolar so I'm not sure if it went through:

No souls for fire jackets!!!  It's not even a bad idea but there are soooo many better uses for souls than that.  I'd be pretty annoyed if we put them towards that instead of creating a new race, making golems, or a dozen other better uses.

Everything else sounds okay though.
Giving souls to the firejackets ensures even more souls and more mana as a result. Firejackets are certain to breed as long as there is fire and they reproduce far faster. Even if we only got two souls that were interested, the numbers would exponentially rise thus giving us more souls for more things like creating a new race or creating golems or "a dozen other better uses",
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 22, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »

Crop rate is somehow a bad thing? Good farmers are bad to have? Or we can't spend 5% daily mana income to improve quality of life vastly?
Oh and that "slightly" with 10 booned can be like  +50%, or, +100% or +300%. Because minor booner can raise an adult plant from nothing in a matter of seconds. And do it few times per day.
Of cause they may find more useful jobs then raising food, (from improving the rose wall to converting stems to saps to doing something great together with Eldrick as his assistants) But if they have nothing to do - raise food for trade
Creating food is simply not something we need to do because we have more than enough food and food is not very valuable. When we get a cash crop, it is valuable to increase growth on that.
One minor boon - is not very useful. Many minor boons - quite useful.
What make you think that 10 minor booners are weaker than 3-4 major booners of the same skill? or 1-2 potent booners with the same skill?

1. Fewer people gain skill in that magic quicker.
2. Fewer people means less manpower needed for the same job.
3. Boons seem to be exponential (not sure about that though)
Wrong. It is a  minor healing boon (2 mana) + very minor chaos boon (1 mana)

It's still more than a minor boon.
Yeah, I prefer giving like 10 minor boons and 3-4 major ones. Or better promote talented minor booners to major ones
Still don't see the need for so many life boons. 3 major ones would be fine, but that's more boons than it seems we would need right now.
But if we do grant major, be sure that Eldrick will oversee and train unskilled major booners
+1

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1512 on: January 22, 2013, 08:33:28 pm »

How about 4 minor and 2 major? Then we'll have a nice 4>2>1(Eldrick) progression. Somewhere later, if we decide that we need more,  we may upgrade them all and add a new layer of level 1 boons. making the pyramid like 8>4>2>1

Sounds good. +1

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 22, 2013, 08:37:24 pm »

Why would giving a couple firejackets souls mean a net income of souls and mana?  Are we assuming that giving them souls means that their offspring would have souls, because I'm pretty sure if we were going that route we could still stick the souls in something better like our stems and have them reproduce instead.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:50 pm »

Why would giving a couple firejackets souls mean a net income of souls and mana?  Are we assuming that giving them souls means that their offspring would have souls, because I'm pretty sure if we were going that route we could still stick the souls in something better like our stems and have them reproduce instead.
How do human offspring have souls then? I am meaning to give our other creatures souls too, but firejackets were our first creations so they get special treatment.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 130