Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220996 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1095 on: January 20, 2013, 11:59:06 am »

Do we even know these Gods of Order even like each other, some of them maybe forced into this alliance due to the threat of annihilation due to other more powerful Gods of Order.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 20, 2013, 12:01:37 pm »

Do we even know these Gods of Order even like each other, some of them maybe forced into this alliance due to the threat of annihilation due to other more powerful Gods of Order.
We don't, and likely wont, at least not for a long time to come.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 20, 2013, 12:05:41 pm »

I wouldn't be surprise if this is common knowledge, we should at least either create some recon unit or due some info gathering after this turn.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 20, 2013, 12:06:56 pm »

As for the chaos buildup, we are a god of chaos, and can therefor control it. When it builds up, why not channel the excess Chaos energies?
The problem isn't the chaos energies--it's the changes Chaos brings. That would be a pain to fix. (Although on the bright side, people might stop suggesting new monsters to create...)

Couldn't they block just about any attack by us in that manner though?  Would it even matter if we shot chaos energy, fireballs or whatever else considering the amount of power they have?  I know the plan's not fool proof but it does give us another weapon in our arsenal, one that we don't have to use all the time but that could be very effective in choice circumstances.  Also keep in mind if we don't use it until a large battle, they won't expect it and probably won't be able to defend their soldiers in time (we would sort of have the element of surprise).
Fundamental difference: Every one of the Nine is a god of order, AKA "I'm specially suited for defeating Chaos attacks."
Oh, and their army is in the millions. The total worshipers are probably an order of magnitude or two higher...

Catapults are good but I prefer canons which I think is something he should be able to make and they aren't really that impractical.
If we can? Great. If not...

Lastly, does anyone think it might be interesting to try and sneak into the enemy gods' afterlife(s) and open up a tear to the void?
If by "interesting" you mean "likely to get us killed by said god if they ever find out," yes.

Mechanical weapons first, Uristel is the one making the fortress, we will only lift in into the air together with Krait, remember? We may and will add something later, but now it should be armed with what Uristel can create, catapults and so on. And that's universal weapons, hard to get block by any magic, and extremely long range due to our height advantage
Agreed.

You guys are prone to the awesome but unpractical trope. Simple solutions do work
Indeed, although most of the awesome solutions would work. Efficient? Nope. Overkill? Quite probably. Functional? Yes. The only exception is that thrice-damned Chaos Cannon...

And Corruptor is gonna hate us reading all that spam
He hasn't complained yet. Personally, I'd prefer reading through a few pages of discussion over a game where people just post actions and barely anything gets done.

We can't assume this. Order likes organizations.

We don't, and likely wont, at least not for a long time to come.

Oh, and math: My guess was...off. Hopefully the Pantheon Formula is more like (g/2g-1) per worshiper per god, which WOULD be better than normal. (Assuming equal worshippers per god, one alone would obviously get one mana per mana [although that's a weakness of the formula], two would get 4/3 the mana, three would get 9/5, four 16/7, five 25/9, etc...)
Most importantly is if a pantheon works.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 20, 2013, 12:13:38 pm »

This empire is quite far away, and while it's a huge threat, they aren't going to send huge armies, soon. Orcs and Maher will be our main enemies for a quite some time

Empire may send something like 100 justicars, and that will be a problem... but nothing we can't defeat

And no recon units, just ask Krait. Stop wasting mana on new creations. We have so many other uses for it...

And remember about all that souls in the afterlife. Surely there are some useful ones that we can use in many, many creative ways

When I think about what could be done instead of that mole... it hurts
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 20, 2013, 12:18:56 pm »

Krait said that the Empire was just about done mopping up the last elder chaos god, that means that we're next, especially since we just killed nine of their emissaries, let one escape, are harbouring what they consider to by fugitives, and are actively opposing them.  Oh, and we'd be easy for them to walk right on over us right now.  We can expect large troops movements in six months at the worst, a year or two at best.  Which should be enough time to get an army ready, especially if we're growing said army.
EDIT: We don't know if Krait will always be friendly with us, and he may be a little reluctant to share intel.  Further, the empire could focus on him first, since he's more established and more powerful, making him more of a threat.  And yeah, 100 Justicars would be something that could end us.  We have 100 soldiers that are not as good as them, two admittedly good lieutenants, but one still got pretty messed up fighting three of them, and the other just about got killed.  Sure, we have the dragons, but we also don't know the full extend of their military prowess, and they probably would send in the justicars alone.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:21:57 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 20, 2013, 12:29:18 pm »

Question for Corrupter; can gods learn powers not within their initial influence?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 20, 2013, 12:36:17 pm »

This empire is quite far away, and while it's a huge threat, they aren't going to send huge armies, soon. Orcs and Maher will be our main enemies for a quite some time
Empire may send something like 100 justicars, and that will be a problem... but nothing we can't defeat
In theory. Assuming they don't decide to send all the forces left over from defeating the other Chaos Gods to mop us up.

And no recon units, just ask Krait. Stop wasting mana on new creations. We have so many other uses for it...
And remember about all that souls in the afterlife. Surely there are some useful ones that we can use in many, many creative ways
+1

Well, barring time-reversal powers, we're stuck with it, so we might as well use it.

Oh, and here's my suggestions for mana use for now:
1. Castle
2. Afterlife
3. Save, if there's any left over
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 20, 2013, 12:37:55 pm »

Agreed.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 20, 2013, 12:42:43 pm »

In theory. Assuming they don't decide to send all the forces left over from defeating the other Chaos Gods to mop us up.

+1

Well, barring time-reversal powers, we're stuck with it, so we might as well use it.

1. Castle
2. Afterlife
3. Make some guardians for this afterlife
4. Save, if there's any left over

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 20, 2013, 12:44:50 pm »

1. Castle
2. Afterlife
3. Save, if there's any left over
4. Give more boons to the population ( I think that 10 farmers can boost our village greatly. We need more farming plots
5. don't mind improving the tree if we go no mining route:P

I think we'll don't need mana for the castle until tomorrow

Oh, and afterlife needs a detailed plan, not generic - improve the afterlife... and should wait till the next update

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1106 on: January 20, 2013, 12:53:57 pm »

I also think Eldrick can stop raising new mushroom houses, and instead just grow stems and other crops.

I know you guys are all for a massive floating castle that's invincible, which is great in theory and all, but. I think we just need to build a large wall around the village, and then some storehouses, and we can start stockpiling provisions we'll need during a siege. By the way, I'm not opposed to the floating castle, but a ground castle is easier to maintain, and we can make it far larger than one that we intend to float.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57:08 pm »

Conversely, a floating castle is a mobile base, allowing us to just move away if needed, or use it as a field base in battle

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1108 on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »

Conversely, a floating castle is a mobile base, allowing us to just move away if needed, or use it as a field base in battle

Its fine for a field base, but if we are under siege I'd rather have an earthbound castle, because we can make it larger, therefore allowing to store more provisions and people inside.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 20, 2013, 01:02:15 pm »

Long term I'd like to build more than one floating castle.  Sort of like a network of airborne cities.  Long term goal of course but I'm sure these guys will be very useful.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 130