Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220918 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1065 on: January 20, 2013, 11:03:30 am »

^ Not really, we just need to send recruiters on our next trade caravan. Which is what we should have done last time.
We kinda did
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 20, 2013, 11:03:43 am »

I don't really want to get mixed up in the whole mole thing, but I think we should just train saps/stems (or whatever they're called) to mine. And plant lots more.

Also, we aren't focusing on a really important issue here. All the other gods have hundreds, thousands, or more worshippers. They could destroy us in seconds if they turned their attention to us for but a single day.

We need more worshippers.
Agreed, I think our consensus of things to do should be thus:
1. Save up mana and begin fortress construction.
2. Expand the afterlife (angels as well, we already have an idea for them)
3. Dedicate more land to sap growing.
4. Work on the explosives.
5. Talk with Uristiel about his stand in the Order vs. Chaos dispute.
6. Get Kraith to give his input on fortress design.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 20, 2013, 11:05:44 am »

and I'm pretty certain that he's also a god of fire. 
He is a god of earth, war and creation

And we will add all that stuff like uberweapons later, when we upgrade fortress, now nukes are just not needed, it's an airbase with some fire support, not a strat bomber . Now we decide what to ask from Uristel, he can't make a chaos cannon

Again, be more practical and concentrate on more important and urgent matters then some cannon that may ( or may not) be useful much later

I doubt that this mole will be useful alone, if we want to mine ourself with any non laughable pace, we'll need an army of them... And magical roots can penetrate roots just like magical moles can

GWG,  tunnels in stone have other reasons to collapse, and you trust an animal to make it right. Tunnels of the real world moles collapse constantly, not only when it's raining. It's why holes in the fields appear.  Expect the same holes from our magical mole. IMO, You all overplayed DF and think that mining is easy.

As for worshipers, it's true, but expanding and improving afterlife first is an easier way to increase mana generation...

Sap miners...  plant miners and undeground, don't you see a problem?

Save mana for the fortress construction? we have 300+ already
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 20, 2013, 11:08:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Chaos Cannon would just have the chamber built by the dwarves; we would line and set-up it by ourselves.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 20, 2013, 11:08:41 am »

and I'm pretty certain that he's also a god of fire. 
He is a god of earth, war and creation

And we will add all that stuff like uberweapons later, when we upgrade fortress, now nukes are just not needed, it's an airbase with some fire support, not a strat bomber . Now we decide what to ask from Uristel, he can't make a chaos cannon

Again, be more practical and concentrate on more important and urgent matters then some cannon that may ( or may not) be useful much later

I doubt that this mole will be useful alone, if we want to mine ourself with any non laughable pace, we'll need an army of them... And magical roots can penetrate roots just like magical moles can

GWG,  tunnels in stone have other reasons to collapse, and you trust an animal to make it right. Tunnels of the real world moles collapse constantly, not only when it's raining. It's why holes in the fields appear.  Expect the same holes from our magical mole. IMO, You all overplayed DF and think that mining is easy.

As for worshipers, it's true, but expanding and improving afterlife first is an easier way to increase mana generation...

Agreed, although as to the last, 300 is the minimum investment, but we want to invest as much as possible,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 20, 2013, 11:10:49 am »

I like the tree thing, but why does no one want to train some saps to mine? The tree can grow its roots down creating a tunnel to mine from then fill wherever the manarack is removed. There problem solved, no dwarfs mining, still our secret, no weak mole tunnels..
Does no one else want that?
Meh.

And as far as your castle thing goes, a vine elevator will allow the enemy foot soldiers inside, and there ought to be some space for crops, as then we can both hold out against siege, and grow more soldiers en route.
And, once again, I think it would be beneficial to add some ingrained genetic memory as to how one fights/conducts warfare to our soldiers, since if we can make new life we got to have a pretty damn good understanding of biology.  It would save us having to train then, which means that fresh soldiers would be much more effective if we can't afford the time to train them.
No I mean it would be a platform lowered by vines to the ground from the center then pulled back up and in. The plants are under our command, if enemies board the platform just tell the plants to let go.
For food, lets go with Krait and build a vine like plant that grows lighter than air bags and melons. It will grow out in a plane from our fort which we can just pull back in to harvest. Plus these vine plants can grow all over the city.
Sounds like a good idea.

+1 to ingrained fighting skills.
No arguments here.

1. For now get the flying castle up and running.
2. Start the mining operation.
After,
1. Possible some scout units since right now we are going blind about the world around us
2. Spec-op style units
3. Increase production of Saps
4. The go ahead for the alchemist to start making the bombs.
+1 Lets just get this game going. Poor GM having to read this lol.
Agreed.

A bit redundant, since I agreed with UkRa on this last post, but...+1

Alternatively, I have faith in the GM that we will get warning before the tunnels collapse...and I believe that tunnels collapsing would do nothing to our village, which is kinda not on top of the manarack. All it would do is startle our poor little mole.

+1 to improving afterlife.

+1

I think he means to set aside 200 before doing stuff with it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:19 am »

Agreed. Save as much castle mana as possible.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 20, 2013, 11:12:53 am »

We should just build some impressive structures,Bryant would convert our already present migrants, and would convert any newer ones we get.

Any ideas?
Walls would be good, but what to make them from?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 20, 2013, 11:13:22 am »

Lets see if we can't get at least 1000 in there.  So we have lots of fireballs and seed drop pods and space for housing/growing troops.
On a different note, seeing as how we can grow 75 stems in less then a week,  we should be able to out produce the empire on a soldier for soldier footing, seeing as how each stem can produce 3 more in less than a week.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 20, 2013, 11:14:06 am »

The sap miners would need to come up to feed yes, but that doesn't mean they can't be underground for a while to mine.  Anyway worst cast scenario we could modify our saps (not create a new species) so that when they go underground for long periods of time they morph into a fungus version of themselves that doesn't need sunlight.  When they come back up, they just morph back.

The chaos cannon would be great for defense.  If we make it so that it can actually aim, anytime there is an enemy army on the horizon we just boost that baby up and fire it off at them.

Like I've said many times before, use plant material like roots to wrap around and fortify the tunnels.

We do need more worshipers.  I think we all agree on that but how and where are we going to get them?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:20:00 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 20, 2013, 11:16:34 am »

Provide them with a stable economy and a loving, caring god if they pledge themselves to us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 20, 2013, 11:19:29 am »

The sap miners would need to come up to feed yes, but that doesn't mean they can't be underground for a while to mine.  Anyway worst cast scenario we could modify our saps (not create a new species) so that when they go underground for long periods of time they morph into a fungus version of themselves that doesn't need sunlight.  When they come back up, they just morph back.
Or just turn them into Mycelium Saps.

The chaos cannon would be great for defense.  If we make it so that it can actually aim, anytime there is an enemy army on the horizon we just boost that baby up and fire it off at them.
Depends. It would be something like using a dirty bomb, only the radiation works like Hollywood radiation.

Like I've said times before, use plant material like roots of fungus material to wrap around and fortify the tunnels.
+1, FTFY.

We do need more worshipers.  I think we all agree on that but how and where are we going to get them?
Hm...Two things.
1. Chat with our pals about what makes worshipers give mana, and try to incorporate that into our Stems.
2. Chat with Krait about the possibility of forming a "pantheon," which people can worship to give mana to multiple gods at once. Even if each only gets (2/[g+1]) of the total mana, it's worth it. (2g/g+1)>g, if my guessing isn't off...let me check.

Provide them with a stable economy and a loving, caring god if they pledge themselves to us.
Also helkps.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 20, 2013, 11:23:08 am »

Or, instead of Chaos, we draw on that little fire attribut we have going, and then cook them.  These are gods of ORDER.  They all can counter chaos, not all of them will be frost gods, which means that we can cook them out.  And as for the frost god it will take a continual uptake of mana to defend from a giant flamethrower, which we don't have to worry about thanks to the manarack.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 20, 2013, 11:24:12 am »

Or, instead of Chaos, we draw on that little fire attribut we have going, and then cook them.  These are gods of ORDER.  They all can counter chaos, not all of them will be frost gods, which means that we can cook them out.  And as for the frost god it will take a continual uptake of mana to defend from a giant flamethrower, which we don't have to worry about thanks to the manarack.
And another benefit: No fallout.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 20, 2013, 11:25:45 am »

And another benefit: No fallout.
That too
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 130