Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220942 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1110 on: January 20, 2013, 01:04:03 pm »

Another thing to consider is that we have to rely upon Krait to provide propulsion for our floating castles, which might not be a wise move, since our ability to expand would be by his whim.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 20, 2013, 01:07:50 pm »

However, generally I would say that we can intimately trust Krait. Besides being generally the most friendly god we have seen, he definately has great reason to stick by us.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 20, 2013, 01:08:43 pm »

questions I have. Just who are the individual gods of the tranquil empire, do they still exist as individual gods or have they... combined somehow? could seeds of discord be sown in the empire?

what if there's a god among them that only represents positive aspects of order? sure it might be alien and vaguely disgusting to us... but its not like we're on a crusade to remove all order from the world.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 20, 2013, 01:09:34 pm »

We should go say hello to the Elves next.

And, as has been said before by me and others, Maher.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:11:32 pm by Vgray »

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 20, 2013, 01:10:32 pm »

questions I have. Just who are the individual gods of the tranquil empire, do they still exist as individual gods or have they... combined somehow? could seeds of discord be sown in the empire?

what if there's a god among them that only represents positive aspects of order? sure it might be alien and vaguely disgusting to us... but its not like we're on a crusade to remove all order from the world.
The hell you say?
And I'm sure we could get mages that can fashion the manarack into the propulsion/flotation core thingy
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 20, 2013, 01:10:46 pm »

The difference is that the Empire is on a crusade to eliminate all Chaos, so negotiations are not really a possibility I would say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 20, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »

The elves should love us! We're life!

Oh wait...they probably would hate us for fucking with nature. HURRAY ELF CORPSES!

I've bee suggesting making more creatures for two reasons. One; I find making stuff fun. Most of the reason I'm playing this game. Two; It's worked exceedingly well for us in the past. The thorn wall, the plant soldiers, all the stuff that let us survive Maher's army(I think, I could be wrong, it's almost 50 pages back after all), was stuff we created as creatures. I am counting Tiberius in that.

But, with the fortress starting, and our mole mining, we don't need anymore right now.

Sooo, let's start trying to trade silk to the people in the city. Also, we shouldn't trade raw firenectar. It would let other people do too much, and we won't get as much money with it. Instead, sell it as alcohol, a specialized healing solution, a specialized sweetener, or in explosive flasks. But not raw. Raw silk though, mainly because we don't know how to process it yet, I do not believe.

Normally, I would be against giving people boons...but give Lara a Life boon for healing, so she can teach the kiddies. Give a few others, the first of our followers, minor fire boons, and let's attempt to give someone a chaos boon.

Next, we should I suppose, have backup mechanical weaponry on the fortress, but that shit is heavy, and inaccurate. Even dwarven stuff. I'd rather have the equivalent of biological machine gun turrets. Also, there should be an open hole in the center, and braziers all over. And pools of water. That way, when we get a water god in our alliance(you know we will), everyone will be able to help in it's defense. Have nests for various existing and new creatures(meaning 'real' and ours), some set aside specifically for snakes. Ask Uristiel to make the fortress with a very disorganized theme. One that functions to confuse attackers and allow us to fight effectively, but still rather...chaotic. He's a War god, he should be able to do that.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 20, 2013, 01:56:57 pm »

We should go say hello to the Elves next.

And, as has been said before by me and others, Maher.
+1

There's a humie town on the way too we should check in on. I've been suggesting this for three turns now.

Also holy crap that's almost 10 pages of discussion largely about the damn mole and what element should be our primary.

Personally I like fire. Life is too subtle, but a forest of burning bugs sounds pretty cool. I also suggest all animals modified from now on are bugs. It's ok to have one or two breaking a theme, but too much is too much. Also, we're not the random sort of chaos, we're controlled chaos. We're revolution. Innovation. Democracy.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 20, 2013, 01:58:05 pm »

Bugs and trees.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 20, 2013, 01:59:43 pm »

Not neccesarily democracy. I personally favor a system where status in life is based on usefulness to us. So if you want to have the nicest house, be the most awesome.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 20, 2013, 02:00:35 pm »

Why do we need a theme again?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 20, 2013, 02:04:44 pm »

Because it helps with establishing a personality, and there's no real reason not to. (there's no such thing as insecticide yet)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 20, 2013, 02:05:39 pm »

Because everything needs a theme. It'll help us stand out, as well as giving our people a standard to rally around. I'm imagining a flag of red and black stripes with a stylized firejacket in front for our flag. We may even have a pretentious latin motto!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 20, 2013, 02:07:23 pm »

We may even have a pretentious latin motto!
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 20, 2013, 02:08:54 pm »

I believe our professed color is dark crimson. Think about all the stuff we have of that color.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 130