Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220944 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1050 on: January 20, 2013, 10:41:03 am »

To Spec-Ops teams;

That's essentially what Laksus does.

To Chaos Cannon;

I proposed the unfocused version because it just seemed more like chaos; but a lens would be an acceptable compromise.

The cannon would have variable 'settings', or degrees of openness, ranging from 'kill one man' to 'mutate the entire city into walking bags of flesh'. This would be the main control setting for the unfocused version. Also, if we use a lens, we should be able to move it away from the firing point in-case we want to inflict maximum destruction on a wide area. The hinges could be possibly supported by and moved by custom plantlife, perhaps vine-based.

As for a giant fusion cannon...hm. That's a truly insane level of heat, and would require a lot of time to build up.

He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 20, 2013, 10:42:11 am »

Spec-ops team can get something valuable... information. We need info about army composition, common strategies and fighting styles and see if this Gods of Order hate each other. Also, we don't need to attack supply lines. We attack enemy commander, the people who keep the army organized and in line. Spec-ops teams, can can do a lot more potential damage then a army clashing into each other can.
If we hit their supply lines they suffer from attrition, and they wind up with desertion.  This will weaken them considerably.  Not to mention kill their moral and reduce fighting their efficacy to barely existent, since they'll have no food, little medicine, and not a lot in the way of ammo.  Their cavalry will especially suffer.
Plus we can spread our lovely spore monsters through their ranks with this.
Perhaps a subspecies of firejacket that carry spores rather than fire, and nest in the spore trees? Highly mobile, extremely stealthy, and can create absolute chaos.
+1
+2
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:22 am »

I disagree only in that we do want a WMD on our flying city. It's something we can use for fire support, especially in larger battles, and generally just gives our main base something to give it extra firepower.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:52 am »

To Spec-Ops teams;

To Chaos Cannon;

I proposed the unfocused version because it just seemed more like chaos; but a lens would be an acceptable compromise.

The cannon would have variable 'settings', or degrees of openness, ranging from 'kill one man' to 'mutate the entire city into walking bags of flesh'. This would be the main control setting for the unfocused version. Also, if we use a lens, we should be able to move it away from the firing point in-case we want to inflict maximum destruction on a wide area. The hinges could be possibly supported by and moved by custom plantlife, perhaps vine-based.

As for a giant fusion cannon...hm. That's a truly insane level of heat, and would require a lot of time to build up.
Whatever, we're a god of fire, and we've got manarack.  Plus we might be able to beg some help out of the friendly war god that's in the neighborhood, and I'm pretty certain that he's also a god of fire.  So I think we got that covered.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 20, 2013, 10:46:39 am »

He  has Earth, Creation, and something else (I don't think it was fire).

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 20, 2013, 10:47:31 am »

He  has Earth, Creation, and something else (I don't think it was fire).
Earth, Creation and War I believe. No Fire.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 20, 2013, 10:48:05 am »

Just google - "mole tunnels collapse" and enjoy. ( Here some description of their tunnels
IRL, They collapse just after any serious rain. And that's tunnels with several inches deep. I repeat: moles don't need to dig deeper.
Good thing rock doesn't get wet and collapse in rain then, isn't it?

Mining require intelligence it can't be done by animals or everything will collapse  sooner or later. Especially with some aid of a hostile earth god
I suspect that the mole is not going to cause any major issues on its own. The holes it digs will probably need to be reinforced before, say, dwarves can mine there, and if Grunmugga takes interest the tunnels will collapse...but to what end? The mole would probably survive and keep digging. Assuming She actually noticed, took interested in, and acted upon the tunnels.

Now imagine giant ants

I imagine... what will they eat?
Same as the mole and firejackets?
Metabolism will never be a problem if we don't want it to be.

WHY NEW CREATURES? And redundant ones with that. And useless, too.
Agreed.

I strongly dislike these moles. Offer them to the dwarves to get rid of them. Do not create those ants.
DISAGREE. Seriously, it lets us get manarack; once it finds the rack, it'll pay for itself.

Bigger problem with new creatures is that while we're tinkering with them, WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING ELSE, like getting new followers, allies and ressources.
Agreed.

Have an agreement with the dwarves to mine that stuff. Discuss with him the price of his miners WITHOUT telling what they'll be mining. Try to weasel a good deal. Use the moles as bargaining goods.
"How much would you takefor mining stuff on our territory?"
"Hmmm... Like, half of it?"
"And if I offer you those moles?"
"They could be great helpers! I'll take 30% and the moles."
"Deal."
"Deal. What will we be mining?"
"Manarack. :3"
"..."
Seems kinda rude, and why not have the freaking mole mine it?

Hm. maybe playing chaotic games with Uristiel is not the best idea, but anyway he should do the mining. It's his speciality. In fact I think he can and will analyze our land for minerals as soon as we offer any mining deal. He is a god of earth and should see such things

And the best way to turn Uristiel into our enemy is to try to hide our manarack and mine it ourself. What should God of war do when there are some resource he needs but don't have access to? Just imagine order gods offering him alliance - help us, and you'll get the mines. I doubt that he likes us that much
It's our manarack. Do we expect Uristiel to share his adamantine and other metals?

No need to make new creatures but also no need to discard already created. 
It's not discarding, it's an attempt to make it useful. Giving it to the Uristiel give us certain diplomatic benefits. Because for him that mole is useful
It is useful to us.

Yes, we should start more plots with saps. Or more precisely   - our villagers should expand agriculture, including raising more saps

We had some inferior crops, like cotton that  we don't need with spider silk, those can be removed after the first harvest, but more plots are needed... Let's use the worforce. And I propose to give 10 minor farming boons to boost our agriculture, we can allow ourself 20 mana daily

Plants should be our focus, IMO... They are much easier to feed then any other troops
+1 except for that last bit. Firejackets and their ilk are easier to feed IMHO. We already use them as soldiers.

I do have a vision of the mole as a war machine...... not only would it be able to undermine cities and the like, I also have this vision of a massive sinkhole opening under the enemy and them falling in only for a mole to pop out 'producing' iron ingots from their armor. I still oppose giving out manarack but that's just personal preference..... although we have yet to find out if Uristiel has an opinion on the chaos/order conflict - it is still possible he could side against us.
I happen to agree with this.

In fact, I think that mole can be useful as a military unit, too.

But I'd rather give  it and percentage of manarack (or other goods) to Uristiel

Why? Because we can spend all that mana, time and workforce spent on mining at something else. Finding allies, fortifying base, upgrading our champions, making artifacts, getting worshipers, expanding our forest, improving the fortress and other thing that we are more adapted to, then undeground works
Or...WE COULD USE THE FREAKING MOLE.

I had one little idea for Manarack,
Do not mine it all, but create trees that reach it with it with it's loooong magical roots, and slowly drain mana out of it, but guys here prefer digging and turning manarack into weapons
You don't want to use a mole we already made, but you DO want to waste mana on a tree to partially use a resource we could fully use with said mole?

Just consider that, we don't rely on mechanisms and metal weapons, we really on the plants and natural creations, then why extract Manarack if we can use it where it is now? Stronger tree = more firejackets, and that's a base of our military and economy
Stronger tree = life area = bonus to raising troops
But we could just MINE THE FREAKING MANARACK WITH THE FREAKING MOLE AND USE THE MANA GENERATED BY SAID FREAKING MANARACK, OR TURN IT INTO MECHANISMS AND STUFF SO WE DON'T HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON OUR COOL STUFF SO IT DOESN'T RUN OUT OF FREAKING MANA!

And roots are way easier than mining operation. And no damage to ecology
1. Roots generally don't go through feet of solid rock. The mole can.
2. Tunnels don't damage the ecology, either. Mines IRL often do, but that's typically due to either open-pit mining or what the people do with the stuff they take out of the ground (cyanide pits and such FTL).

For the moles, keep in mind we only made one.  It doesn't have a mate and thus won't reproduce if we don't want it to.  That said, let's give it a chance.  Have it start digging around for metals and if we have problems with the tunnels collapsing or whatever than we'll stop and see about working with the dwarves.  If it does work than great, no harm done.  Also, the mole shouldn't work alone.  Send down some saps with it to smooth out the tunnels, keep things clean and organized, carry out the metals and stabilize the tunnels if necessary.  We could probably use plant materials for support, like giant roots that wrap around the tunnels and keep them from collapsing.
+1...although once we have mana to burn and no enemies, we should probably create a mate for the mole and possibly export the babies to the dwarves.

Spec-ops team can get something valuable... information. We need info about army composition, common strategies and fighting styles and see if this Gods of Order hate each other. Also, we don't need to attack supply lines. We attack enemy commander, the people who keep the army organized and in line. Spec-ops teams, can can do a lot more potential damage then a army clashing into each other can.
Remind me, what were we planning to form the SOT from?

Imo, it's plain stupid to mine some of the manarack.. Create a proper mining industry and then stop mining?  It's either\or, both just a bad decision
Stop that jack of all trades approach, use our strengths and concentrate efforts
Agreed.

Mining is not our strength, trees are our strength
So? WE. HAVE. THE. MOLE.

All that chaos bombing stuff can be done without manarack
Works better with, but...

AND WE DON'T NEED a nuke bomber. We are in a defensive mode and need fire-support for our  troops, not kill everything below
Plus.
Freaking.
One.

Be more practical, please, stop that "it sounds cool! +1"
That's how we got that mole
The mole is useful. Not something I would have agreed to, but it's already working for us.

Rolepgeek, only you want play the - let's destroy all life around and make our own creatures instead, don't you see that?
Well, lots of people want to make a new ecosystem, and lots of people want to use weapons that destroy everything...but the general idea is correct.

And Mole was a waste of mana, there are some ways to use it, but we had dozens of ways to spend that mana  better ( F.E: improve the afterlife and get +139 mana daily. Or make new fields, or... or.. or... )
Agreed.

Trade it away\make it dig a road is a way to have at least some use for it
DISagreed. Manarack is the best thing we can use it for now. Oh, and FTFY.

And no ants or any new creatures, please.
+1. Again, consider when we have mana to burn and no enemies.

To Spec-Ops teams;

Only Laskus is one person. He can't do a whole team's work.

To Chaos Cannon;

I still think it's crazy. At least talk it over with Kra--Uristiel first.

And we don't know about fusion.

I disagree only in that we do want a WMD on our flying city. It's something we can use for fire support, especially in larger battles, and generally just gives our main base something to give it extra firepower.
Ideally we'd minimalize long-term collateral damage, though...

-----

Oh, and for the record...when we hadn't made the mole, I would have been opposed to making it and suggested asking the dwarves to help (not duplicitously). But we have to mole and therefore ought to use it.
I am reminded of a Theodore Roosevelt quote:
"I took the Canal Zone and let Congress debate; and while the debate goes on, the canal does also."
While we argue if we should use the mole, it's digging for manarack.

Oh, and you guys post fast. There's been like two dozen replies while I was compiling this.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 20, 2013, 10:49:49 am »

1. For now get the flying castle up and running.
2. Start the mining operation.

After,

1. Possible some scout units since right now we are going blind about the world around us
2. Spec-op style units
3. Increase production of Saps
4. The go ahead for the alchemist to start making the bombs.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 20, 2013, 10:55:02 am »

I like the tree thing, but why does no one want to train some saps to mine? The tree can grow its roots down creating a tunnel to mine from then fill wherever the manarack is removed. There problem solved, no dwarfs mining, still our secret, no weak mole tunnels..
Does no one else want that?

And as far as your castle thing goes, a vine elevator will allow the enemy foot soldiers inside, and there ought to be some space for crops, as then we can both hold out against siege, and grow more soldiers en route.
And, once again, I think it would be beneficial to add some ingrained genetic memory as to how one fights/conducts warfare to our soldiers, since if we can make new life we got to have a pretty damn good understanding of biology.  It would save us having to train then, which means that fresh soldiers would be much more effective if we can't afford the time to train them.
No I mean it would be a platform lowered by vines to the ground from the center then pulled back up and in. The plants are under our command, if enemies board the platform just tell the plants to let go.
For food, lets go with Krait and build a vine like plant that grows lighter than air bags and melons. It will grow out in a plane from our fort which we can just pull back in to harvest. Plus these vine plants can grow all over the city.
+1 to ingrained fighting skills.

After,

1. Possible some scout units since right now we are going blind about the world around us
2. Spec-op style units
+1 Lets just get this game going. Poor GM having to read this lol.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 20, 2013, 10:56:33 am »

After,

2. Spec-op style units
5. Get the alchemist to find a way to stabilize them.  Right now it's basically nitroglycerin.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1060 on: January 20, 2013, 10:58:22 am »

I don't really want to get mixed up in the whole mole thing (and its getting pretty serious. I think it was a waste though), but I think we should just train saps/stems (or whatever they're called) to mine. And plant lots more.

Also, we aren't focusing on a really important issue here. All the other gods have hundreds, thousands, or more worshippers. They could destroy us in seconds if they turned their attention to us for but a single day.

We need more worshippers.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 20, 2013, 10:59:31 am »

+1 to that as well

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 20, 2013, 11:00:17 am »

^That is a purpose of getting some scout units is to find out about this kind of stuff.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 20, 2013, 11:02:16 am »

+1 to that as well
+ many. As we're already on the verge of war, there's no harm in spreading word about fire nectar and a tree that lets people contact the dead........
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 20, 2013, 11:02:38 am »

^ Not really, we just need to send recruiters on our next trade caravan. Which is what we should have done last time.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 130