Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220912 times)

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1005 on: January 20, 2013, 05:31:56 am »

Corruptor, I have questions.

a) have we been importing things? If so, what are they?
b) is the divine landscape already somewhat plotted out or are you rolling up new gods as we meet them?
c) what is the currency like in this world? is it the normal Copper>silver>gold? What are the exchange rates?
d) what is the average wage of someone mining manarack, and how much does one solid lump of it sell for, say about a kilo of the stuff?
a) The first caravan trip had a few hundred silver of miscellaneous imports, but the second one did not - the migrants rounded out the village economy, making imports superfluous.

b) Little of column A, little of column B. My alignment is Chaotic so it tends to vary. ...or does it? *evil laugh*

c) 100 Copper = 1 Silver, 1000 Silver = 1 Gold

d) 15 Silver / Hour, usually. The second question is more complicated, manarack is usually mined by a God's worshippers than hoarded by that God. Instances do occur where it is sold, but usually only in extreme circumsances such as, an empire needs to bribe another nation to attack their rival or else risk losing the war. Used properly, manarack can generate mana, be used to construct eternal artifacts (Ring of Power, Wabbajack, that sort of thing), amplify spells - and also has a tendancy to boost the percentage of mages born to societies exposed to it.

Hello,
Just finally got caught up with it all, and this thread reminds me of Demonhood.  :D
I'll be keeping tabs on this thread.

Also, congrats to Corruptor.
These sorts of threads take really good organization and writing.
Thanks, it's those sort of comments that keep me going!
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 20, 2013, 06:37:31 am »

and also has a tendancy to boost the percentage of mages born to societies exposed to it.
Oops... The Empire probably have issues about that, don't you think?
How are they behaving towards Manarack and people using/mining them?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 20, 2013, 07:45:10 am »

As for the manarack mining, I'd like to point out that that adamantium golem was inlaid with manarack. This suggests that Uristiel already has a source of his own anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 20, 2013, 08:02:47 am »

maybe, maybe we can negotiate for paying for mining in Fire nectar or hard cash... but somehow I expect that Uristiel will want to have more manarack
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 20, 2013, 08:05:12 am »

Maybe, but then again, I believe we are currently stronger than him. He has more followers, but he could only muster 500 warriors in the orc battle.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 20, 2013, 08:15:20 am »

You guys arent being productive.

Most people don't like the mole (me included).. -> Trade to Urist to teach our saps mining (We should NOT tell anyone about it)
They can mine it well enough being taught and who says we cant just grow it full of underground plants after? Remember we have plants, they can make tunnel walls and stuff.
You guys remember how that prospector found it one time and then a fight ensued? Who says that isn't the mountain Urist is sitting on.

Fortress design
- Large circular
- Very build up, towers everywhere, increasing in high towards center
- Allow it to be house civilians and stuff for them, temple , a small market area, and the rest to military,
- It can have a vine elevator thing
- Include the drop pods near the edges and we can change it later if we want.
 I see it as a floating death star, but obviously a thing of such size is a city in its own.

As for Laskus, let him go raid a village (let him do it in his own name), tell him to clear out Ravenholt of the werewolves.
Lets move it and rename it and stuff.

Lets at least get this done. Also can we start going a plant army? It said millions of troops, no spec-ops team will stop that.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:26:31 am by Immortal »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 20, 2013, 08:15:21 am »

well, that's true only if dwarfs, somehow, generate much, much less mana...

Else he should have at least 1000 mana daily, probably way more. One more reason to be afraid of him, use our good relationships and  try to get a deal. 

We are a very minor god, don't forget that and stop acting like we can defend ourself from full pledged mana empowered attack of any of our neghbours. We can't. Maher, Urist, orcs can crush us if they decide to
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 20, 2013, 08:24:32 am »

WHY NEW CREATURES? And redundant ones with that. And useless, too. I strongly dislike these moles. Offer them to the dwarves to get rid of them. Do not create those ants.

Bigger problem with new creatures is that while we're tinkering with them, WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING ELSE, like getting new followers, allies and ressources.

Have an agreement with the dwarves to mine that stuff. Discuss with him the price of his miners WITHOUT telling what they'll be mining. Try to weasel a good deal. Use the moles as bargaining goods.
"How much would you takefor mining stuff on our territory?"
"Hmmm... Like, half of it?"
"And if I offer you those moles?"
"They could be great helpers! I'll take 30% and the moles."
"Deal."
"Deal. What will we be mining?"
"Manarack. :3"
"..."

BIG +1

Guys, take the last turn as an example, simple visit to that afterlife added us more than 1\3 of mana generation + possibilities to use that souls... What wee got for that mole and 150 mana? Almost nothing
We have many better things to do, than make new creatures
+1 to that. Also, he would have much more mana, but he, like most gods it seems, does not have much in the way of other forces (non worshipper military). With the number superiority, I think we might be able to take Uristiel if needed, although it's not a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:34:23 am by Remuthra »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 20, 2013, 08:42:48 am »

Yes, we should start more plots with saps. Or more precisely   - our villagers should expand agriculture, including raising more saps

We had some inferior crops, like cotton that  we don't need with spider silk, those can be removed after the first harvest, but more plots are needed... Let's use the worforce. And I propose to give 10 minor farming boons to boost our agriculture, we can allow ourself 20 mana daily

Plants should be our focus, IMO... They are much easier to feed then any other troops
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:44:44 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 20, 2013, 08:47:01 am »

I would agree with that. We have enough mana now to start giving our followers  some boons (sometime we should give all the warriors a minor Chaos Shield i think) and we definately need more saps growing. I would suggest creating 3 more fields for them, boosting our growth rate to 300.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 20, 2013, 09:03:43 am »

Well, just read over 60 pages, so I'd just like to say great thread  :)

On topic, I don't see the objections to using the mole. We have it, and can reinforce any tunnels with plants or stuff. Also, I think we should keep all the manarack ourselves ideally..... note that corruptor said it is only sold in EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES and this implies that it is even more useful than previously thought.
Also I have an idea for when we do get manarack:
Manarack obelisks, infused with chaos magic, creating a self sustaining chaos field around the village, which would interrupt all direct attacks on us by other gods, (allowing safer mining) and also...... more mages  :)

Backtracking slightly, I propose we return to the idea of nesting firejackets with the dwarves, but RETAIN CONTROL. We treat it as a standing trade good and so get stuff in return, gain favor, gain firejackets, and if things go badly wrong....... we have a swarm of fire bugs INSIDE his fort.

I also propose we put a tiny amount of mana into the spiders, make them breed and grow faster. Because terrifying spider armies + flying fortress = SPIDER RAIN. Chaos ftw  :)

+1 to more fields also

Apologies for my little backlog of opinions there.

Edit: I acknowledge food would be an issue with the spiders, but if we could get round that it would be awesome.....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:06:59 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 20, 2013, 09:09:51 am »

On the subject of the mole, I think the best plan is to sell it to Uristiel, and as for mining, I personally like the firetracker idea best, should we not just have Uristiel do it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 20, 2013, 09:25:28 am »

I do have a vision of the mole as a war machine...... not only would it be able to undermine cities and the like, I also have this vision of a massive sinkhole opening under the enemy and them falling in only for a mole to pop out 'producing' iron ingots from their armor. I still oppose giving out manarack but that's just personal preference..... although we have yet to find out if Uristiel has an opinion on the chaos/order conflict - it is still possible he could side against us.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 20, 2013, 09:40:45 am »

In fact, I think that mole can be useful as a military unit, too.

But I'd rather give  it and percentage of manarack (or other goods) to Uristiel

Why? Because we can spend all that mana, time and workforce spent on mining at something else. Finding allies, fortifying base, upgrading our champions, making artifacts, getting worshipers, expanding our forest, improving the fortress and other thing that we are more adapted to, then undeground works

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 20, 2013, 09:45:45 am »

You guys arent being productive.

Most people don't like the mole (me included).. -> Trade to Urist to teach our saps mining (We should NOT tell anyone about it)
They can mine it well enough being taught and who says we cant just grow it full of underground plants after? Remember we have plants, they can make tunnel walls and stuff.
You guys remember how that prospector found it one time and then a fight ensued? Who says that isn't the mountain Urist is sitting on.

Fortress design
- Large circular
- Very build up, towers everywhere, increasing in high towards center
- Allow it to be house civilians and stuff for them, temple , a small market area, and the rest to military,
- It can have a vine elevator thing
- Include the drop pods near the edges and we can change it later if we want.
 I see it as a floating death star, but obviously a thing of such size is a city in its own.

As for Laskus, let him go raid a village (let him do it in his own name), tell him to clear out Ravenholt of the werewolves.
Lets move it and rename it and stuff.

Lets at least get this done. Also can we start going a plant army? It said millions of troops, no spec-ops team will stop that.

A spec ops team? no.  A large division of them that we can grow? Yeah.  It'll do it.  It doesn't have to beat all millions of them, it just has to harass them, screw with supply lines, slaughter patrols, maybe get some werewolves into their camps/bases, and spread dissent and disinformation.  Their troops can't all be Justicars, so that team they sent here isn't really a good representation of how things are really gonna go down.
All they have to do is buy us enough time to a) get us enough worshippers to be combat effective, and b) allow us to generate a large enough army that we can not only effectively win out from attrition, but also then go on the counter offensive.  Wars aren't won by large land battles.  Those only cost far to many troopers and too much equipment.

And as far as your castle thing goes, a vine elevator will allow the enemy foot soldiers inside, and there ought to be some space for crops, as then we can both hold out against siege, and grow more soldiers en route.
And, once again, I think it would be beneficial to add some ingrained genetic memory as to how one fights/conducts warfare to our soldiers, since if we can make new life we got to have a pretty damn good understanding of biology.  It would save us having to train then, which means that fresh soldiers would be much more effective if we can't afford the time to train them.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 130