Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 7: Opposite Day]  (Read 5187 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 1: Hovels and Mud]
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 05:36:24 am »

Turn 2: Magic Rocks

Try the purple tower again and make the sand into trees friendly soil.
[3] You hollow the rock out into a somewhat fairytail-looking house.

[1] You add complex currents that cause the sand to scour harder the deeper it is, utterly precluding trees in the traditional sense. You make the sand waterlogged and unable to support heavy weights, causing trees, for instance, to slowly sink into the mire.

Never mind.  Fill the mountain with evil trees.
[6][2] You create fluffy purple bushes, scattered in small clusters throughout the mountain. They possess large, tasty but very sweet purple berries.

He next creates a structure similar to the station his research had taken place in, a glass dome with a cement base. Around it are guard towers, each of them given one of the devices he'd designed in order to fire mana.
[1] You create a dark pit lined with ominous green runes, designed to suck the life out of those inside it.

((Sorry I'm late, I was at a party, and I was taking a test in my engineering class so I didn't have computer access there))

Create a bog, and a tower made of solid granite.
[4] You create a bog. It's not exceptional, but it's basically what you wanted.

You get the feeling this is unprecedented in some way.

[6][4] You create a pillar of solid granite. Literally. It's magically imbued to possess an "inside" to those who can find their way in, but structurally it's completely solid throughout.

Need drone-slaves!

In my ashpit, create an army of humanoid drones- shaped like humans, but with smoothed-out features so there's no individuality.  They shall be unquestionably loyal to me.

You also correct certain unjust discriminations against you simply because you attained your souls by hard work.

Damn skippy.

It's still early enough to make changes.
[5] You create your selfless ash-drones, hairless, nearly featureless humanoids that live to serve you.

Sadly they have nothing to eat or drink. You suspect this will impact their ability to serve you greatly.

Add a new bit of terrain next to the Bottomless Pit of Falling - a granite plain. Place boat there.
[2] You create a sandstone desert. You shift your boat there anyway, seeing as it's not constantly trying to shuttle the two of you into a bottomless void.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've decided that if I skip you, you should be able to take the turn you missed on your next action. So Wwolin, you've got another action.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:03:02 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 2: Magic Rocks]
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 05:42:03 am »

Create desert living brushs, add more levels to the house to look like a tower.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:03:38 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Recruiting, 5 hand-chosen spots]
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 05:52:06 am »

This would be the second time I hit quote instead of modify, apparently. The first time I noticed it. The second time this happened.

Though as long as I'm here, I might as well point out that tower modifications are spell actions, so Spinal has an extra regular action to take as well.

EDIT: Also oops, it seems I mistook scapheap's sand for Harry's. Replace complex currents with being like really slow quicksand.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 06:00:37 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 07:00:29 am »

Create species of plants that thrive in the desert and produce thorny, but delicious and nutritious fruit.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 10:38:01 am »

Fill the land with succulent cactus that provides both food and water to the drone slaves.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 10:48:11 am »

Name: Jim

Physical: thin and tall with dark brown hair medium/short length, a dark gray robe with a hood as well as a steel mask covering his face

Mental: quiet and thoughtful in most cases, anywhere from outwardly friendly to brutally violent as he sees the need

Bio: can't remember?

Can I get on the waiting list?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:23:34 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 02:04:09 pm »

"Damn."
He frowned once more, before making a magic-siphoning orb and draining the power from the pit into that. Then, he tries to create the research facility again.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »

((Thanks for letting me catch up :))))

First, create a type of bog-dwelling root vegetable to grow in my domain
Then make a race of little-men to dwell in my bog
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 06:07:26 pm »

((Man, I really failed))

Create dire honey badgers, small but strong fighters, capable of taking on creatures twice their size.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2013, 04:28:23 am »

Turn 3: Hate

Create desert living brushs, add more levels to the house to look like a tower.
[4] You create plain but functional desert shrubs. Unfortunately they're sitting in several inches of water, which doesn't look good for their longterm prosperity.

[5] You stack up several giant crystal boulders into a rather eccentric-looking tower.

Create species of plants that thrive in the desert and produce thorny, but delicious and nutritious fruit.
[1] You create black, sinuous, wickedly thorned plants that produce delicious-looking red fruit... but only when they've sucked the blood out of victims and are hoping to lure in more.

Fill the land with succulent cactus that provides both food and water to the drone slaves.
[3] You create ball-like cactus-things. Their somewhat moist flesh is not most creatures' first choice for a meal, but it'll keep you alive.

"Damn."
He frowned once more, before making a magic-siphoning orb and draining the power from the pit into that. Then, he tries to create the research facility again.
[1] You create an empowering death-ball above the pit. Ominous green lightning sometimes crackles between the two, and the pit now emits a visible glow.

[4] You create your research facility, a glass dome surrounded by four towers.

((Thanks for letting me catch up :))))

First, create a type of bog-dwelling root vegetable to grow in my domain
Then make a race of little-men to dwell in my bog

[6][1] You create traproots, insidious plants that dwell beneath the surface, collecting gasses. When disturbed or fully mature, they burst forth from the ground in a mild explosion that leaves behind a hole, which water and whatever disturbed them has a tendency to get sucked into. Once in the sky they spread spores for more traproots.

[1] You create lumbering stone things. They don't like you.

((Man, I really failed))

Create dire honey badgers, small but strong fighters, capable of taking on creatures twice their size.   
[4] You create dire honey badgers, vicious "little" things that defend their mountain spots with surprising gusto.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, you are encouraged to name/rename your creations once you've seen how they turned out.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 3: Hate]
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 04:35:06 am »

Grant the plants, which shall henceforth be named the Nosferatu Plants, true sentience.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 05:02:15 am »

Vanish the water, if that small enough to count as a minor action, create deer-like animals that feed on the desert shrubs.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 06:52:13 am »

Create goblins, under my command, have them domesticate the dire honey badgers.  Leave them to build a civilization, under my careful eye.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:52 pm »

Try and move both of them lower into the pit.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:14 pm »

Create monstrous stilt-legged birds which feed on the flying traproots and hunt the stone things to use bits of them as gizzard stones.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6