Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 7: Opposite Day]  (Read 5198 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Recruiting, 5 hand-chosen spots]
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 02:33:30 am »

Turn 0: All In

The six of you appear in the void, floating in the soundless, timeless white. It's kind of freaky after a while. You can see each other, but "distance" is a poor concept in here at the moment, seeing as literally nothing but yourselves exist.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((So since there's only six applicants, I figure I might as well throw everyone in. Good luck! As a reminder, you need land to make other things on, but I've decided to roll making your mage tower in with your first terrain-creating action. So, don't forget to attempt to make your tower as you do so, unless you'd like to make it elsewhere for some reason.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 0: All In]
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 02:42:22 am »

Create mountain, with tower.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 02:56:01 am »

Create a large mesa surrounded by a forest, with the tower, a utilitarian, plain and sturdy construction, at the top.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 04:00:57 am »

Create a grass plain that warm but rains weekly and a mage tower that made of purple crystals that tall to impress but not intimidating.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:28:45 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 09:00:06 am »

He's not soulless!  Just none of them were originally his!

A sparse badlands with rocks and scrubby plants.  The only water is a weak murky brook that draws a jagged line across the terrain.

The imposing tower is a tall black stone spire that is heavily accented with bone.  The top is shaped like a skull, grinning down at the peons below to remind them that they are worth nothing next to their lord.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 05:56:34 pm »

Tooma looked around almost tiredly.

Pulling the image straight from his memories of home, he created a plain of cement, before pulling buildings onto it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 06:53:31 pm »

Turn 1: Hovels and Mud

Create mountain, with tower.
[3] You create a rather stubby mountain of plain grey stone.

[2] You also create a rather stubby hovel out of the same.

Create a large mesa surrounded by a forest, with the tower, a utilitarian, plain and sturdy construction, at the top.
[6][1] You create a gigantic sand pit, a gaping abyss fed by sands that flow ever downwards.

[3] You create a rickety boat, as that's about as utilitarian as you're going to get on this thing.

Create a grass plain that warm but rains weekly and a mage tower that made of purple crystals that tall to impress but not intimidating.
[2] You create a warm layer of sand covered by a few inches of water.

[2] You also create a giant purple crystal to hide under.

He's not soulless!  Just none of them were originally his!

A sparse badlands with rocks and scrubby plants.  The only water is a weak murky brook that draws a jagged line across the terrain.

The imposing tower is a tall black stone spire that is heavily accented with bone.  The top is shaped like a skull, grinning down at the peons below to remind them that they are worth nothing next to their lord.

[6][2] You create a smoldering ashpit, covered in plumes from where anything at all disturbs the surface.

[3] You create a jagged obsidian stalagmite to live in.

You also correct certain unjust discriminations against you simply because you attained your souls by hard work.

Tooma looked around almost tiredly.

Pulling the image straight from his memories of home, he created a plain of cement, before pulling buildings onto it.
[5] You create a perfectly smooth, level plain of cement. You don't quite manage to stud it with buildings, however.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((So it's looking like I'm going to have to make altering your abode a free action, or maybe a spell action or something. Either way, doesn't look like you'll be done anytime soon...

As a reminder, terrain does not include living things. It can include the predispositions for living things, however, so trying to create a "forest" will be assumed to create tree-friendly soil, for instance.

Finally, I'm starting to seriously regret not including an exp system like I was considering. Or at least a bonus of some sort for good rolls, like accruing expendable bonuses. I may have to revisit those notions.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Lords RTD [Turn 1: Hovels and Mud]
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 07:03:44 pm »

Try the purple tower again and make the sand into trees friendly soil.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:31 pm »

Create a surrounding plain, filled with trees.  Evil trees. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 07:49:51 pm »

Create a surrounding plain, filled with trees.  Evil trees. 
Error: Regions cannot "surround" other Regions.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 07:51:46 pm »

Never mind.  Fill the mountain with evil trees.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 08:15:57 pm »

He next creates a structure similar to the station his research had taken place in, a glass dome with a cement base. Around it are guard towers, each of them given one of the devices he'd designed in order to fire mana.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49:11 pm »

((Sorry I'm late, I was at a party, and I was taking a test in my engineering class so I didn't have computer access there))

Create a bog, and a tower made of solid granite.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 02:08:37 am »

Need drone-slaves!

In my ashpit, create an army of humanoid drones- shaped like humans, but with smoothed-out features so there's no individuality.  They shall be unquestionably loyal to me.

You also correct certain unjust discriminations against you simply because you attained your souls by hard work.

Damn skippy.

It's still early enough to make changes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 03:22:19 am »

Add a new bit of terrain next to the Bottomless Pit of Falling - a granite plain. Place boat there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6