Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862659 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14385 on: November 10, 2014, 01:56:47 pm »

I was in a coffee shop, when I decided to smash the gate by the counter for wood. The ceiling collapsed several tiles around(and on top of) me. I didn't realize that wooden gates small enough to climb over were load-bearing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14386 on: November 10, 2014, 02:02:10 pm »

Ive seen that for doors and even windows.
No, really. I smashed a window once and half the roof came down.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14387 on: November 10, 2014, 05:17:22 pm »

If I recall correctly, destroying part of a building has a chance to destroy surrounding tiles, so you could hypothetically destroy an entire building by jackhammering out one section of wall.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: November 10, 2014, 06:17:22 pm »

#REALISTIC
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #14389 on: November 10, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »

If that's a load bearing wall, you're damn right it's realistic :P

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #14390 on: November 10, 2014, 07:28:16 pm »

I've been away for a while, and things look pretty good. I especially like the new control you have over starting scenarios, and the system for mods and worlds. One thing that might be cool is to allow players to give themselves as many or as few character points for starting out as they like, and assign a difficulty rating base on how many they have.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: November 10, 2014, 07:43:20 pm »

I've been away for a while, and things look pretty good. I especially like the new control you have over starting scenarios, and the system for mods and worlds. One thing that might be cool is to allow players to give themselves as many or as few character points for starting out as they like, and assign a difficulty rating base on how many they have.
The variable character points is already in, but I like the idea of the difficulty ratings. I've only seen a few games that use ratings, and it's always added a little something to those games.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14392 on: November 10, 2014, 07:43:32 pm »

In the World Options (might be somewhere else) section of the options menu, you can change your default starting points to as many as you desire. You can also adjust the difficulty level via zombie spawn rate and item spawn rate, turning on hordes and NPC's. There is no automatic difficulty-change-based-on-your-skill-points, but that seems like an eventual and desirable mechanic.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #14393 on: November 10, 2014, 07:49:45 pm »

Perhaps even make it figure difficulty based on the world settings / your skill points, or some such. idk.

I do know that this game is evil, though - I start out in a cabin, check it out - I've got loads of food and tools. I poke my nose outside - There's a zombie scientist and a grim howler. One manhack and a zombie wolf later, I'm dead. YASD

I did learn that the best way to deal with manhacks is to peg them with stuff - rocks and pinecones will do. You'll ever lad a melee attack unless you have really high skills, but you can land thrown attacks.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14394 on: November 10, 2014, 10:07:23 pm »

In the World Options (might be somewhere else) section of the options menu, you can change your default starting points to as many as you desire. You can also adjust the difficulty level via zombie spawn rate and item spawn rate, turning on hordes and NPC's. There is no automatic difficulty-change-based-on-your-skill-points, but that seems like an eventual and desirable mechanic.
   While you can change it the point of difficulty levels isn't allowing variability but rather a set of defaults. For instance I never upped the points because I felt like it was cheating, even more so then taking disadvantages that don't actually do anything (forgetful with rust turned off). It is similar to how some people will only play the "stable" version (Speaking of which any ETA on the next one?). I would compare it to how you can use create new world in DF and it has a few preset options or you could use the advanced world gen and twiddle with all kinds of variables (though in this case definitely to a lesser degree).
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14395 on: November 10, 2014, 10:37:27 pm »

From what I've heard, the next release is on Friday, barring anything particularly inhibitive.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14396 on: November 10, 2014, 11:03:54 pm »

From what I've heard, the next release is on Friday, barring anything particularly inhibitive.
I do hope your hearing is correct. for I have eaten much pie and I am ready to die a lot. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14397 on: November 10, 2014, 11:12:53 pm »

So its a shame you can't use a hammer to take down armoring on windows and get the metal back. Kinda sucks. All that metal would have been useful in making metal doors.

Edit: That'll teach me to write when I'm tired. Wires must have gotten crossed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:36:59 am by Kaitol »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #14398 on: November 11, 2014, 12:39:27 am »

try deconstructing them with the furniture menu.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: November 11, 2014, 01:37:37 am »

Can't. Doesn't let you.
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 1086