Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862547 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14400 on: November 11, 2014, 01:44:47 am »

Bwah? I've deconstructed windows that way. It's much more efficient than smashing them. You get nails back that way.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14401 on: November 11, 2014, 02:29:48 am »

I'm talking about Armored reinforced windows. With the sheet metal and the spikes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: November 11, 2014, 07:43:45 am »

I can never understand the logic behind the security measures in those army barracks rooms in labs.
To open the door to the arms stash one needs to access the console that is behind the door it opens.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14403 on: November 11, 2014, 08:50:55 am »

Interesting, if you die, but use Task Manager to kill the process before closing the death screen, you can reload at your last save, but the world will be saved in the state you died at, including finding your corpse+stuff. I found this out when I tried to kill a survivor who was stealing my stuff(and kept giving me a Jabbawock quest, so I couldn't threaten him), but he one-shotted me. I did the above, and found he was still hostile.

Then I died again when another survivor, who was not hostile(before or after) decided to empty their SKS at me(using ammo I traded to them for free) for no reason.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14404 on: November 11, 2014, 09:34:30 am »

I can never understand the logic behind the security measures in those army barracks rooms in labs.
To open the door to the arms stash one needs to access the console that is behind the door it opens.

They're obviously Metroid-inspired doors. The door will only open when you shoot it with the right kind of weapon, normally of the sort stored behind the door.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14405 on: November 11, 2014, 04:10:30 pm »

Then I died again when another survivor, who was not hostile(before or after) decided to empty their SKS at me(using ammo I traded to them for free) for no reason.
Quote from: The Simpsons some time, IDK
I hope they show the time where they traded guns to the Indians for corn, and then the Indians shot them, and took the corn.

You were warned
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14406 on: November 11, 2014, 04:12:44 pm »

Quote from: The Simpsons some time, IDK
I hope they show the time where they traded guns to the Indians for corn, and then the Indians shot them, and took the corn.
To be fair, that happened during pretty much every British colonisation.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14407 on: November 12, 2014, 02:13:12 pm »

So what does atch do in crafting, exactly?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14408 on: November 12, 2014, 02:24:50 pm »

You mean "batch"?

I believe batch crafting enables you to craft multiples of the same item without having to spam the crafting button over and over.
But maybe that wasn't your question.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: November 12, 2014, 02:27:16 pm »

Batch crafting also allows for overall time reductions. Making 20x of an object in a single batch will (similar to real life) take less time than if you crafted a single object 20 times in a row.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14410 on: November 12, 2014, 02:37:52 pm »

I seriously wouldn't mind auto-batch. It's really easy to muscle-memory it and end up taking several minutes longer than I could have because I forget to press 'b'.

Also, is it just me, or do all the characters have some serious Raynaud's? Frostnipping seems to come early and often, even with supposedly good coverage.
Nothing important here, move along.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: November 12, 2014, 02:38:47 pm »

Usually if something can be deconstructed then you can't (b)atch. It is most useful for food.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: November 12, 2014, 02:46:25 pm »

Are shocker zombies broken?  I encountered one at nearly full health, and on the combat action it suddenly froze me, and my death log shows that the shocker has 30 turns attacking me while I couldn't do anything.  I know they can shock and paralyze you, but any situation where you're denied 30 turns in a row and die is clearly very broken.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: November 12, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »

Shocker zombies can chain stun with their special if you get unlucky rolls enough times in a row, yeah. I'm going to look at letting rubber shoes, etc, give you some form of protection bonuses, but it's gonna have to wait until after the .B release comes out.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: November 12, 2014, 03:17:06 pm »

Shocker zombies can chain stun with their special if you get unlucky rolls enough times in a row, yeah. I'm going to look at letting rubber shoes, etc, give you some form of protection bonuses, but it's gonna have to wait until after the .B release comes out.
Could we at least drop the chain chance until then?  There's gotta be at least SOME protection, and if you haven't added the intended defense, then they need a nerf until you do.
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1086