Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860522 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13110 on: August 21, 2014, 03:57:54 am »

You unload the barrel and it gives you a list of things to put it in.
If you have built the barrel then just use e on it.

If you need to transport a lot water then build a hand cart, then much safer than carrying a barrel and don't ware you out.

casters, large tank, a faucet and a unit of frame is all you need.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13111 on: August 21, 2014, 04:06:09 am »

And how would I transfer water from a full barrel to say, a canteen?

Same as any other container, select the full one in inventory, (U)nload it, pick target container in inventory. The constructed keg has a fill container command on it's (e)xamine menu.

Well, actually, you can always use the advanced inventory and move it tile-by-tile.

Why bother at that point? You could just wheel steel jerrycans to the river in a shopping cart for a fraction of the effort. I think it's an inherent problem with the crafted barrel... It's just way too bulky to be feasible for much unless you treat it like a 55-gallon drum and prop it up with a funnel outside to get massive amounts of rainwater on your doorstep, instead of an actual portable container what stores all the liquids for transit.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: August 21, 2014, 04:15:52 am »

Well, actually, you can always use the advanced inventory and move it tile-by-tile.

Why bother at that point? You could just wheel steel jerrycans to the river in a shopping cart for a fraction of the effort. I think it's an inherent problem with the crafted barrel... It's just way too bulky to be feasible for much unless you treat it like a 55-gallon drum and prop it up with a funnel outside to get massive amounts of rainwater on your doorstep, instead of an actual portable container what stores all the liquids for transit.

It's that usage I mentioned the adv. inv. method for.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: August 21, 2014, 04:18:13 am »

I'm getting my head and legs, sometimes other body parts, at "scorching" whether I'm naked or wearing the Rivatech suit(its climate control seems to helps a bit). Happened after the stem cell treatment. I had the same thing before, but it went away after sleeping. This time I can't even sleep. I'm driving around on caffeine trying to find a cold lab in the hope that it'll let me sleep, but had no luck so far, and it's getting hugely annoying.

I don't suspect this is a feature? How to get around it?

I'm playing the experimental from a few days back.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: August 21, 2014, 09:43:38 am »

Could someone please elucidate me on how the hell is the Leukocyte Breeder CBM supposed to work/what to do? I can't seem to find any documentation.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: August 21, 2014, 09:56:58 am »

IIRC it boosts your hidden health score.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: August 21, 2014, 11:46:06 am »

Aw, what the hell? I just died. The message was 'You suddenly stopped breathing completely' or something along the lines.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: August 21, 2014, 12:03:15 pm »

Too much depressants is bad for you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: August 21, 2014, 12:08:00 pm »

Too much depressants is bad for you.

Except I didn't use more than one Oxycodone.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: August 21, 2014, 12:23:10 pm »

Aw, what the hell? I just died. The message was 'You suddenly stopped breathing completely' or something along the lines.

Overdosed on drugs/stimulants/depressants.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: August 21, 2014, 01:49:16 pm »

What do the wandering hordes actually DO? I see a bunch of icons on the map around my pothole town I've settled in, but nothing ever spawns to menace me. I am decidedly low on menace.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: August 21, 2014, 02:05:43 pm »

I think wandering hordes is a moving spawn point for zombies. If you keep making noise in an area, zombies will continue to spawn there. I Don't like it too much, I was expecting massive hordes of zombies that needed to be avoided or destroyed, but nope, infinite zombie spawn where ever you are.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: August 21, 2014, 02:15:58 pm »

I think wandering hordes is a moving spawn point for zombies. If you keep making noise in an area, zombies will continue to spawn there. I Don't like it too much, I was expecting massive hordes of zombies that needed to be avoided or destroyed, but nope, infinite zombie spawn where ever you are.
They do have a limited population though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13123 on: August 21, 2014, 09:10:55 pm »

They do have a limited population though.

It only looked like the Z's were multiplying and appearing from nothing, but if you keep killing zombies, the Z's on the map will lessen?

Also, thinking that it was a type of special horde that could move outside the reality bubble made me wish for that. Will that ever be added and if not, could it be added tot he list of thing to be added?

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13124 on: August 21, 2014, 09:15:54 pm »

there's a reason the current implementation is marked experimental, it's not the final way it works, just a stopcap.
planning on doing that, just as soon as I have time, but I'm juggling 2 large projects right now
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 1086