Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860554 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13095 on: August 19, 2014, 10:02:58 am »

Let me rephrase:

How do I make the change in seasons affect my current world? Do I just change the options, or do I need to *SOMEHOW* edit the save itself? And if so, how?

Also, is 90 days an excessive number per season? That'd make each year 360 days so... I don't know if that's excessive in terms of gameplay.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:29:37 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: August 19, 2014, 12:06:24 pm »

Not really, I play on 90 day seasons too.

Go into the options (main menu) and change seasons to whatever you want; the next time you load the game the day will change.

For example, if you played with 30-day seasons and it's day 64, you'll be on the 4th of Autumn. If you changed to 90 days you'll be on the 64th of Spring.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: August 19, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »

Before raiding a lab, I made a backup of the save, the savescumming bastard I am, and once I died I overwrote the files of the original with the copy. Results are... interesting. Which is to say I found my own corpse, as seen at the point of my death.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13098 on: August 19, 2014, 03:11:04 pm »

You know what you must do.
Manwich all the way.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: August 19, 2014, 03:16:06 pm »

You have to backup the entire world folder, then delete the folder and replace it with the backup folder if you don't want weird stuff happening.

... What? Don't look at me like that. Bugs happen, backing up saves is a legitimate thing.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: August 19, 2014, 06:11:42 pm »

Something else we might do instead of increasing reality bubble size is allow interacting with things outside the bubble in specific situations, such as driving a RC vehicle with a camera, or sniping at things with a rifle/scope combo, or looking around with binoculars.
Technical reasons:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I changing season length shouldn't alter much, I'm not sure whether we made that world specific or not though, just because that's where people would expect it.

Season length is world specific.  Will hopefully land Efimero's fix shortly.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13101 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:16 am »

Savescumming heathens, you shall never regain former repute for as long as we draw breath. Shame them lads !
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:09:42 am by Mookzen »

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: August 20, 2014, 05:17:54 am »

Is it part of the joke they edited their post?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: August 20, 2014, 06:28:48 am »

Savescumming heathens, you shall never regain former repute for as long as we draw breath. Shame them lads !

*BFEL shames them mercilessly*
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13104 on: August 20, 2014, 03:02:33 pm »

Ok, trying to decide if I should build a wooden barrel or a wooden keg for all my clean water storage. The barrel sounds like it's moveable because it's made in the crafting section, while the keg seems like it isn't because it's in the construction section. I don't know how I would go about filling the keg with water while the barrel can be carried around to a river and filled with spamming the crafting recipe, but the keg has a faucet and seems like it can easily distribute water to other containers. So how do I fill a keg with clean water and how do you transfer water from both the barrel and keg to other containers?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:47 pm »

You're wasting a barrel and keg on WATER?! What kind of dwarf do you call yourself. Clearly they should contain only whiskey. Or at the very least ALE.

Water. *shudders*
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:20:18 pm by Kaitol »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: August 20, 2014, 06:49:13 pm »

Driving in a 7,21 L V8 engine-powered vehicle built around a random shopping cart that looks like it got too intimate with a porcupine during production while my stored bionics power happens to be 666. The only thing it's missing is blaring music, but despite mounting solars on that thing I... uh... kinda kept it indoors like an idiot.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: August 20, 2014, 08:08:12 pm »

Ok, trying to decide if I should build a wooden barrel or a wooden keg for all my clean water storage. The barrel sounds like it's moveable because it's made in the crafting section, while the keg seems like it isn't because it's in the construction section. I don't know how I would go about filling the keg with water while the barrel can be carried around to a river and filled with spamming the crafting recipe, but the keg has a faucet and seems like it can easily distribute water to other containers. So how do I fill a keg with clean water and how do you transfer water from both the barrel and keg to other containers?

The one on the construction menu is a terrain construction. Examining it opens a menu that lets you dump more liquid into it (or fill a container or take a drink, like the RV kitchen unit), but once it's containing a substance that's all you can add to it. The crafted barrel is just a huge, heavy barrel like any other container, except you'll never be able to MOVE it anywhere while full.

Filling the constructed barrel would be easiest by running a steel jerrycan of water through a charcoal/electric purifier then filling the keg in chunks with the activate menu. It's basically a convenience feature unless you intend to fill a few with home-brewed booze to keep the fermentation vats going (which is totally possible).
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13108 on: August 21, 2014, 03:23:35 am »

And how would I transfer water from a full barrel to say, a canteen?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: August 21, 2014, 03:39:12 am »

The one on the construction menu is a terrain construction. Examining it opens a menu that lets you dump more liquid into it (or fill a container or take a drink, like the RV kitchen unit), but once it's containing a substance that's all you can add to it. The crafted barrel is just a huge, heavy barrel like any other container, except you'll never be able to MOVE it anywhere while full.

Filling the constructed barrel would be easiest by running a steel jerrycan of water through a charcoal/electric purifier then filling the keg in chunks with the activate menu. It's basically a convenience feature unless you intend to fill a few with home-brewed booze to keep the fermentation vats going (which is totally possible).
Well, actually, you can always use the advanced inventory and move it tile-by-tile.
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1086