Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860434 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10485 on: March 05, 2014, 06:23:28 pm »

I'm cruising around on my foot-scooter looking for a place to make camp.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: March 05, 2014, 06:31:11 pm »

I was thinking about getting a bicycle for transportation. Are they functioning in the game? I've only seen bicycle tires, not a single full things. I presume creating one would take two tires, saddle, light frame aaand... ?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: March 05, 2014, 06:43:50 pm »

I was thinking about getting a bicycle for transportation. Are they functioning in the game? I've only seen bicycle tires, not a single full things. I presume creating one would take two tires, saddle, light frame aaand... ?

They are a thing. There's also a foldable bike item that unfolds into a vehicle and back.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: March 05, 2014, 06:45:14 pm »

I've been gathering tons of bear traps and setting them out in the clearing beside the town. I think I have close to fifty of em set up. got about a hundred field point arrows and a short bow. I blew up the gas station and got like a horde of zombies on me then I ran through the trapped area while firing off arrows. I'm kinda imagining my guy as a giggling, completely insane trapper fighting off hordes of zombies.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: March 05, 2014, 07:02:36 pm »

Yeah, I agree with Pufferfish on the chance to hit thing in the new version, I think that needs better rescaling. It seems any melee weapon is useless against anything more mobile than a rock.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: March 05, 2014, 07:07:38 pm »

You need a foot crank. Controls, too.
Controls can be easily stolen from any vehicle, foot crank can be made with a pipe, a steel chain, and a couple bits of steel

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: March 05, 2014, 08:12:23 pm »

You need a foot crank. Controls, too.
Controls can be easily stolen from any vehicle, foot crank can be made with a pipe, a steel chain, and a couple bits of steel

Thanks! Can you do anything with a black box or are they just dead weight?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: March 05, 2014, 08:19:54 pm »

Unless you are playing with NPC quests they are just dead weight, yeah.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: March 05, 2014, 08:22:50 pm »

You can use black boxes at a lab to generate endless amounts of black box transcripts, which can be cut into paper or burned.  It might train Computers in the process but I'm not sure.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: March 05, 2014, 09:30:39 pm »

They are a thing. There's also a foldable bike item that unfolds into a vehicle and back.

How do you refold them?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: March 05, 2014, 09:32:59 pm »

Using the "^" menu to select it (while not standing on it) should give the option to fold it.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10496 on: March 05, 2014, 10:00:00 pm »

I completely forgot to post this yesterday but I found an interesting starting option for food if you spawn in the correct area. You just need the big worms nearby. Agro on and drag it to where you staying, it will till the soil for you. With that you can start a blueberry and strawberry garden since you can generally get those easily enough. Anyway back to recording tonights video.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: March 05, 2014, 10:48:46 pm »

Finally started on my custom tileset.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: March 06, 2014, 01:40:33 am »

I completely forgot to post this yesterday but I found an interesting starting option for food if you spawn in the correct area. You just need the big worms nearby. Agro on and drag it to where you staying, it will till the soil for you. With that you can start a blueberry and strawberry garden since you can generally get those easily enough. Anyway back to recording tonights video.

Only in Cataclysm can you plow a field with a horde of giant worms.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: March 06, 2014, 03:05:46 am »

So, I've been tinkering around with a 5x spawn rate for both mobs and items. Its, surprisingly easy. A single house can yield enough food for weeks, not to mention other supplies.

However, rare items are still rare, which is really nice.

Edit: Forgot to mention that, practically speaking, more zombies are not harder. If it were limited to just the specials when DDA just came out, I think it would be harder, but the majority of specials just hit harder in melee, and through a window makes everything easy in that regard.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:11:01 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1086