Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863665 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #7845 on: October 14, 2013, 12:49:36 pm »

Also car seats and tables act as beds. Yes, tables.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: October 14, 2013, 12:50:34 pm »

You can craft a vehicle's bed with a 'seat' component.  For 50 welding charges, you can put a single steel frame and vehicular bed anywhere.  If placed on caster wheels, you can even drag it around!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7847 on: October 14, 2013, 12:57:57 pm »

You can craft a vehicle's bed with a 'seat' component.  For 50 welding charges, you can put a single steel frame and vehicular bed anywhere.  If placed on caster wheels, you can even drag it around!

Doubles as storage!

Hobo carts: the bed of champions!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: October 14, 2013, 01:03:53 pm »

It doesn't NEED to be a hobo cart. Just slap an RV kitchen unit on it with some storage for water and power and it's a teeny tiny mobile bed and kitchen unit.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: October 14, 2013, 01:05:36 pm »

Anyone know how to compile the source in a way that allows tiles to work?

I tried according to this page and it didn't work:

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=1807.msg22249#msg22249

Here's what I did:

Installed Codeblocks
Installed MinGW
Extracted fresh copy of DDA source to a file.
Extracted the SDL components listed on that page to where the DDA source was.
Opened up the DDA Source.
Added files [the SDL header files only] to source code.
Opened up Project/Builder Settings
Wrote TILES into compiler settings defines
Wrote mingw32 to add in linker settings and added this [not a path to anywhere?]
Added all the listed .LIBS to the Codeblocks folder in Program Folders and added their paths under where I added mingw32
Compiled

No tiles? Just ASCII?

EDIt - Now it's spitting out SDL errors...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:17:51 pm by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: October 14, 2013, 01:06:58 pm »

Doubles as storage!

OBSERVE!  The height of apocalyptic survival!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7851 on: October 14, 2013, 01:10:49 pm »

Doubles as storage!

Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: October 14, 2013, 01:21:22 pm »

Doubles as storage!

Sunlight's glare makes it hard to see!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: October 14, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »

We need a simpler step by step on how to compile a DDA version with the tilesets working.

CHALLENGE!!!

Who shall heed the call?

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: October 14, 2013, 01:50:50 pm »

We need a simpler step by step on how to compile a DDA version with the tilesets working.

CHALLENGE!!!

Who shall heed the call?
No clue. I use Cygwin, which, in favor of not having tiles, is much easier to compile on. However unless you are actually making changes to the code itself you could always just download one of the precompiled versions and play on that.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: October 14, 2013, 01:57:28 pm »

CHALLENGE!!!

Who shall heed the call?
No clue. I use Cygwin, which, in favor of not having tiles, is much easier to compile on. However unless you are actually making changes to the code itself you could always just download one of the precompiled versions and play on that.

I want to make changes but I don't want to lose the tilesets... :(!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: October 14, 2013, 03:17:23 pm »

You know, fire is pretty nice, but once you have to try to kill a moose in a hurry, an armored car to the forehead is a reasonable alternative. Yes, I found a fully operational armored car right next to a gas station. Also, a Sledgehammer + Hydraulic Muscles.

I'm enjoying my char's situation right now, sympathically. Yes, he does have a cold and lives in a zombie apocalypse and his shelter-buddy was killed by a coyote since he bled to death after killing the coyote (or the other way round, their corpses were lying right next to each other), but right now he's sitting in the starting shelter on his rollmat, enjoying a deluxe, coffee-flavored oatmeal and a hot, tasty cup plastic bottle of tea, next to a fire gently cracking in the fireplace.

Damn, the game made me want a cup of tea.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: October 14, 2013, 03:49:14 pm »

No, there's only a limited number of units of water in the toilet, but it should last a while. You will want a stove or a fireplace to cook in safety, and be sure to clear up that infection.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: October 14, 2013, 03:59:58 pm »

I finally beat Common Cold. Was much harder than beating a Brute, who found out that a lot of flesh < flesh in a steel can.

BTW, how do I shot web use the turret on the Armored Car?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: October 14, 2013, 04:05:59 pm »

So I sorta transported my old character to the new experimental since the vehicle improvements sounded cool. And I found my first abandoned storefront. ... After sending my cube van through several boarded up windows and shelves because SOME genius (Me) thought driving in the middle of the night was a great idea. Meaning I accidentally got a van inside a building.

Now I'm wondering if I can replace the broken windows with a gate of some kind like at a garage.

By the way does anyone have any idea how to put headlights on a vehicle properly? I seem to keep making them crooked and it's somewhat infuriating!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1086