Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863823 times)

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #7650 on: October 11, 2013, 12:05:11 pm »

Edit: Also, is there a faster way to look around than pressing X and moving the cursor around?
If looking for items, try capital V.

Actually, looking for sounds and monsters. Playing at work I keep the window small at 12x12, so even though the character can see/hear a bigger distance than that, myself I only see a small portion.
In that case, the key you're looking for is "S".  As in "Save and quit so you can actually do work at work and not get fired" :v

Nah, I just put the small window infront of PuTTY and the people who matter (ones who could get me fired) don't know the difference!  :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:19:21 pm by guitarxe »
Feeling down? Click Here!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: October 11, 2013, 12:25:08 pm »

Secubots sure do look a lot like /tg/station's ED-209's.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:28:27 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: October 11, 2013, 12:29:35 pm »

Meth is... brutal. I took a dose to up my int for installing CBM's. Then I slept. For three days. I'm pretty sure most straight up poisons don't have that much of a recovery period.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: October 11, 2013, 01:24:53 pm »

The screenshots on the website are fullscreen, but I can't even scale the window. How do I make the window big?

weegth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: October 11, 2013, 01:33:13 pm »

The screenshots on the website are fullscreen, but I can't even scale the window. How do I make the window big?
Look for viewport width and height in options, adjust them till you get what you need. Have to restart each time.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: October 11, 2013, 01:40:40 pm »

edit: oops, reply ninjaed.

If I board up my windows, will I still be able to see through them?

If I board up my doors, will I still be able to open them?

Does being next to fire increase your body temperature?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:15:59 pm by guitarxe »
Feeling down? Click Here!

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: October 11, 2013, 02:26:56 pm »

no, no, yes
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7657 on: October 11, 2013, 03:14:14 pm »

Edit: Question about the air filter CBM. What's it good for? I've used it against smokers, and it doesn't help at all. How good of a filter is it really?

How smoke inhalation works is each level of smoke rolls a certain number of d3s.
Light smoke is 1d3
M is 2d3
D is 4d3

EP of the mouth rolls 1d3 per point of EP.
Here's some numbers I ran:
Spoiler: 1EP (1d3) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2EP (2d3) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4EP (4d3) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 5EP (5d3) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 7EP (7d3) (click to show/hide)

From the wiki:
"If your environment protection of mouth is lower than 5, this bionics will add additional two points of environment protection up to total of 5. "

So, by itself, it's like wearing a dust mask or scarf, except without encumberment.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:44:50 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: October 11, 2013, 04:19:08 pm »

Zombie Dogs are OP.  They spawn at the edges of towns, are very difficult to hit, and rapidly deal deep bite wounds that require very special means to cure...  Disinfectant and First Aid don't spawn NEARLY as often as zombie dogs...

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: October 11, 2013, 04:24:37 pm »

zombie dogs are not that hard. if you have trouble with them it means your heading into town too soon. the general suggestions is survive in the woods for a few days to build up some combat skills and get some better eq. i never though zombie dogs were that big of a deal. remember rocks are your friend early on. grab them and train throwing. so you can always have something to use for range combat.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: October 11, 2013, 04:26:09 pm »

The solution is simple: Kill them before they kill you. :P

Anyway, my combat style revolves around bombarding enemies with rocks then bringing my crowbar/katana down on their head. With a few levels in throwing I can usually kill zombie dogs with rocks before they get to me, and I have managed to one-hit them with a katana and no skill. Rocks are the bringers of death, even in Cataclysm.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: October 11, 2013, 04:27:09 pm »

Scavenging the outskirts of town right from the get-go should definitely be a viable play style, and I haven't had significant problems with zombie dogs in the past (they are generally pretty fragile) but it might be worth looking into reducing their numbers and making them less common in certain areas or something.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: October 11, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »

zombie dogs are not that hard. if you have trouble with them it means your heading into town too soon. the general suggestions is survive in the woods for a few days to build up some combat skills and get some better eq. i never though zombie dogs were that big of a deal. remember rocks are your friend early on. grab them and train throwing. so you can always have something to use for range combat.
How do you get equipment or water while living in the woods?  Meat, sure, but there's no clothing out there, and if you find water you've usually found dragonflies as well.

EDIT: I just went from half health, to dead, from a single dog.  2 skill in cutting and a combat knife (via the military recruit profession) and I couldn't kill a dog.  And heaven knows you can't run...  They're unusually impossible to actually hit, all my attacks flat out missed...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:36:09 pm by Girlinhat »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: October 11, 2013, 04:37:24 pm »

Bone needle+Fur=Clothing

Water... Eeeeh

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: October 11, 2013, 04:39:11 pm »

Bone needle+Fur=Clothing
You need somewhat significant skill in tailoring to actually make fur clothing.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 1086