Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859590 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #6165 on: September 14, 2013, 08:55:42 pm »

You know the situation is bad when you couldn't even grab a towel on your way out.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #6166 on: September 14, 2013, 09:08:10 pm »

You know the situation is bad when you couldn't even grab a towel on your way out.

Or I could take one point of my strength and get normal clothes, plus the fact that you spawn with matchs and A knife without clothing begs the question " where did I put it?"
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: September 14, 2013, 09:38:52 pm »

Well folks, the human race is doomed.

If the best we have to repopulate the species are as dumb as the NPC's here, we're finished. All 3 wandering NPC's I've met have spoken to me and immediately thrown themselves into the jaws of predators. Thus far, I've had one warn me to get off her turf, then die to a wolf spider (died by spider), one rob me of my knife and charge into a zombie horde (shot in the back with the bow I had in the toolbox next to me), and one beg me to kill a horrendous monster, then charge off to wrestle a bear (death by BEAR TO THE FACE RAWR).

At this point, I just want to finish a quest to see what happens...  :(
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: September 14, 2013, 11:57:10 pm »

Eh, it's not anything special, they're just more prone to give you prizes. Which are pretty much useless.

Can't wait for the NPC development to take place.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: September 15, 2013, 12:14:33 am »

It's kind of irrelevant now, in any case. Suicided and deleted the game folder when driving through some bushes managed to only destroy everything of value on the inside of my van (leaving everything else completely unscathed). I'll be back when the system is less insane.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: September 15, 2013, 12:15:58 am »

It's kind of irrelevant now, in any case. Suicided and deleted the game folder when driving through some bushes managed to only destroy everything of value on the inside of my van (leaving everything else completely unscathed). I'll be back when the system is less insane.
Same.  Done playing until the valuable equipment parts don't spontaneously explode every time you come near a bush.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: September 15, 2013, 07:32:59 am »

why NPC are so slow? can i change it somehow? followers cant keep up with me ;/

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: September 15, 2013, 07:36:18 am »

You could just wait every few steps you take. Otherwise there's no way to change your pace. It's sprint or nothing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: September 15, 2013, 07:45:33 am »

It's either a bug or you're less encumbered than they are.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: September 15, 2013, 09:57:35 am »

how can i turn off debug mode msgs?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #6175 on: September 15, 2013, 10:32:11 am »

~ key
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: September 15, 2013, 12:17:38 pm »

Same.  Done playing until the valuable equipment parts don't spontaneously explode every time you come near a bush.
You could open up the vehicle_parts.json file in the raw folder and change said parts' durability. Can't do anything about damage resistance so you will have to repair them every now and then.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: September 15, 2013, 12:31:00 pm »

Does zombies one killed respawn?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: September 15, 2013, 12:31:35 pm »

They can get up if you don't butcher them.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: September 15, 2013, 01:02:25 pm »

They can get up if you don't butcher them.
This got me one time. I was running out of a town being chased by zombies, almost dead, when a zombie dog reanimated and killed me. Butcher the corpses when you can, seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 1086