Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861359 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #5040 on: July 26, 2013, 11:30:54 am »

This has probably come up before, but it's difficult to find answers in such a huge thread. :P

Is there a way to dispose of unwanted items yet? Like rotten meat?
I just burn crap like that. Light a fire with splintered wood or something and pile the garbage on.

Ninja'd...

Spoiler: Muwahahaha (click to show/hide)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: July 26, 2013, 11:38:57 am »

Can someone give me advice on how to best keep warm at night?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: July 26, 2013, 11:45:53 am »

Get a blanket, sleep inside.  With Tailoring, there's plenty of options for warmth.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: July 26, 2013, 11:47:07 am »

Emergency blankets can be pretty useful.
I need to put something interesting here.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: July 26, 2013, 12:12:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I imagine that pictured here is the least amount of clothes to achieve 'comfortable' body temperature. Or you could wear a wolf suit, that works as well.

And yeah, I totally agree with you - drugs make post-apocalyptic lives easier.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: July 26, 2013, 12:20:47 pm »

Mentlegen, I present the resurfacing of the WARBUS.
Frame is built right now.  The center hallway and part of the control seating is built up, and the electric is mounted.  With the next 200 charges of batteries I find I'll be working on the actual solar panels, RV Kitchen, and the seat + controls.  Right now the design frame is the same as the old one, but I'll likely be changing it up a little with some new ideas I had.  Most of this will have to wait until I get some more serious electrical sources, like bionics or a well-stocked electronics store.

Considering my experience with exploding and chain-reacting fuel tanks, I'll be going electric this time.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: July 26, 2013, 12:24:04 pm »

Going green? I name your WARBUS the "Hippiemobile".

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: July 26, 2013, 12:29:03 pm »

Mentlegen, I present the resurfacing of the WARBUS.
Frame is built right now.  The center hallway and part of the control seating is built up, and the electric is mounted.  With the next 200 charges of batteries I find I'll be working on the actual solar panels, RV Kitchen, and the seat + controls.  Right now the design frame is the same as the old one, but I'll likely be changing it up a little with some new ideas I had.  Most of this will have to wait until I get some more serious electrical sources, like bionics or a well-stocked electronics store.

Considering my experience with exploding and chain-reacting fuel tanks, I'll be going electric this time.

Speaking of WARBUS, I've figured out what I want to do in this game: build custom cars. Not just armored death mobiles, but all kinds of impractical vehicles. Convertibles, V-16 (2 V-8s next to each other) bubble cars, that kind of stuff.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: July 26, 2013, 12:32:54 pm »

Thanks for the garbage disposal tips. I think there's a bug with rotting, though. I left a rotting can of ravioli (or something) outside, slept, went into town, and when I looked at the can again it was no longer rotting. :P

My character is having a real hard time sleeping. I have a rollmat, a blanket, I'm not too cold or too hot, fully fed, "Heavy Sleeper" trait, and yet for the past few nights my character hasn't been able to sleep until the early hours. Tonight he didn't get to sleep at all, the day turned 6am and I just thought "Fuck it, if you wanna be tired today, BE tired!"

I guess he needs sleeping pills? But shouldn't heavy sleepers in "a comfortable place to sleep" fall asleep pretty easily? He's no insomniac... at least, the trait screen doesn't say so.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: July 26, 2013, 12:42:14 pm »

Try Nyquil or Poppy Sleep.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: July 26, 2013, 12:47:15 pm »

I weighed the options heavily.  In the end I realized this was a zombie apocalypse and gasoline is entirely too explosive to use on a combat vehicle.  I even had three V8's spawned right beside each other, and would provide exceptional thrust.  However, for right now they'll have to wait (in storage, I'm taking those things) and will be going electric for a while.

Entirely related: Does anyone know what dynamic mass and stuff means?  I'd like to know how to build this thing for fuel efficiency and power - mounted massive armor is one thing, but if you drain your fuel after 30 minutes it won't do much good.  I suspect utilizing different sized tires and number of tires will change things.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: July 26, 2013, 01:04:31 pm »

I weighed the options heavily.  In the end I realized this was a zombie apocalypse and gasoline is entirely too explosive to use on a combat vehicle.  I even had three V8's spawned right beside each other, and would provide exceptional thrust.  However, for right now they'll have to wait (in storage, I'm taking those things) and will be going electric for a while.

Entirely related: Does anyone know what dynamic mass and stuff means?  I'd like to know how to build this thing for fuel efficiency and power - mounted massive armor is one thing, but if you drain your fuel after 30 minutes it won't do much good.  I suspect utilizing different sized tires and number of tires will change things.
Do it the dwarfy way, MOAR MAGMA errr.... batteries.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: July 26, 2013, 01:17:18 pm »

Yeah, definitely going to mount a lot of batteries.  Fortunately solar has the advantage that even with low fuel, you can travel as far as you can and then simply wait.  Gasoline will stop where it stops, but electrics eventually WILL arrive where you want.

Later I'll be double-armoring and going gasoline though, by that time I'll have such massive fuel tanks that I can manage it, along with a spare large electric that can slowly putter me places JUST IN CASE my gas runs dry.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: July 26, 2013, 03:31:53 pm »

I think car should display a measure of fuel efficiency somewhere. Would be cool.

As for NPCs as meatshield: I love them, except they go around my carefully-ordered base and go "Hey, just wait a minute, I'll grab all your stuff".

They do teach you stupid amount of skills though.

Any way to get them to change their weapons or to armor them up? I gave him plenty of melee weapons, but my NPC buddy keep fighting with his rock.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: July 26, 2013, 04:28:15 pm »

Found a bug but then I figured out that I was playing in 0.6 not 0.7. 

Unloading a meat sandwich caused 2 meat sandwiches to appear in my inventory as well as a "none".  Booting up 0.7 now, if it happens still I'll post an edit.

EDIT: ...2 ingame days...haven't found a single meat sandwich.  I think there must have been a bologna shortage or something.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:22:43 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 1086