Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863219 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2370 on: April 26, 2013, 08:40:48 pm »

That's why I suggested a "craft/construct for x amount of time" prompt/option, but I think I got ignored.
Or alternatively a "craft X many times" option would be nice.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2371 on: April 26, 2013, 08:48:44 pm »

I tried and failed to comprehend what to do in Cataclysm :c

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 26, 2013, 08:49:24 pm »

"x amount of time" would work better for long single constructions, but I guess yours works better for what most people would use it for.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: April 26, 2013, 11:13:07 pm »

Christ. How many bones did you HAVE?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2374 on: April 26, 2013, 11:24:37 pm »

Not that many actually. Its just as mention just recently here, the hungrier and thirstier you are the slower you are. Ergo I ended up being really slow at making those needles.

Edit: Oh and the video finished uploading
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: April 27, 2013, 12:17:23 am »

I tried and failed to comprehend what to do in Cataclysm :c
Be horribly murdered by lots of things, at least in my experience.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 27, 2013, 02:55:14 am »

So I've run into a bit of a dilemma regarding static spawn vs. dynamic. See I love dynamic mode's endless supply of zombies, as well as the endless supply of giant ants, giant wasps, etc. The problem that I'm running into is the dang normal wildlife! Right now I'm doing a lot of sneaking around in the dark in the city but I tend to wait outside for dark to fall first. The big problem is that as soon as I've spent more then a few hours in one spot I'm swarmed under by a barrage of spiders, bears, wolves, coyotes, and several other animals. Does anybody know of a way to still have dynamic spawning, but to tone down the rates just a little bit? (Or maybe to introduce some sort of a cap so that once 'X' many creatures are in an area it stops spawning?)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: April 27, 2013, 06:05:34 am »

So, have NPCs been completely removed in 0.4? Because I have no starter NPC in the shelter, and there's no "nonpc" files in the folder to delete to make random people appear either.
Love, scriver~

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 27, 2013, 06:07:35 am »

Eeeeeh I found a welder.
I had to kill hundreds of zombies to keep it, but now it is mine.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: April 27, 2013, 06:59:24 am »

So, have NPCs been completely removed in 0.4? Because I have no starter NPC in the shelter, and there's no "nonpc" files in the folder to delete to make random people appear either.
I think there is something you can turn on in the options.  And you can spawn them in the debug menu.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: April 27, 2013, 07:00:00 am »

Yeah, I found it. After some minor experimentation is also managed to turn them on.
Love, scriver~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: April 27, 2013, 07:43:39 am »

They are still causing crash bugs, and after discussion and surveys we felt that removing the sole source of crash bugs by default was worth more to people than the value the NPCs gained. But yes, it's still in the options menu, if you want to choose to take that risk. (Which, admittedly, is pretty small compared to what it was, at the moment)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: April 27, 2013, 10:05:43 am »

I have learned that a single unit of senew is enough to start or spread a fire.

I have over 2000 sinews.

Time to set the world on fire.

EDIT: I tried to make a "HI MOM" fire out of nothing but individual bits on senew and the game crashed.  Seems reproduce-able, lighting a single unit of sinew on fire without anything else in the tile causes a crash.  Does not happen if an existing fire naturally spreads to it though.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:16:09 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: April 27, 2013, 11:46:43 am »

I have learned that a single unit of senew is enough to start or spread a fire.

I have over 2000 sinews.

Time to set the world on fire.

EDIT: I tried to make a "HI MOM" fire out of nothing but individual bits on senew and the game crashed.  Seems reproduce-able, lighting a single unit of sinew on fire without anything else in the tile causes a crash.  Does not happen if an existing fire naturally spreads to it though.

Reported this a few days ago, it has something to do with sinew counting as "ammo" an exploding. Spin it into thread first (if you're using a precompiled version, load and unload a sewing kit to achieve this) and it should burn safely without crashing.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: April 27, 2013, 12:06:36 pm »

How do you drop part of a stack?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 1086