Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863061 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1935 on: April 16, 2013, 06:16:53 am »

1) Don't die
2) Raid the city at night: zombies can't kill you if they can't see you
3) Do drugs. Drugs keep you alive. Adderall especially make you run really fast

Dude spoilers! I didn't know Adderall makes you go fast! You have ruined the sense of discovery for me :(

People who don't want spoilers probably shouldn't look in a thread discussing a game they don't want spoilers for. What you can shout about spoilers is when its something not pertinent to the thread, like in Game of Thrones
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is a spoiler.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:42:15 am by Sharp »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 16, 2013, 06:26:18 am »

Come in guys don't antagonise each over let's keep the thread on track and argument free
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 16, 2013, 06:40:34 am »

Sharp, I funckin hate you. Tell me that spoiler ain't true!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 16, 2013, 06:42:23 am »

This is interesting... this is the only game I've heard of where Zombies are actually LESS dangerous during the night and more dangerous during the day.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 16, 2013, 06:46:14 am »

This is interesting... this is the only game I've heard of where Zombies are actually LESS dangerous during the night and more dangerous during the day.

Oh no they still are very dangerous and sound can still give you away, also depends I'd you have night vision or not. I have run into a hulk before in the darkness and not even noticed. But the darkness does have the advantage that 100s zombies don't see you When you walk into the town and that's the only advantage :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 16, 2013, 06:55:35 am »

Actually, I should qualify that. Raiding the houses at the town's outskirt is fine during the day, as you can see lone zombies from far away and flee or trap them somewhere where it easy to bash them into non-existence. But wait for the night to go into the Town's center.

Also, keep safe mode on, or be really cautious about what around you, especially the wildlife whose dark grey don't catch the eye like Zombie's green. I just died du to walking into a bear.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 16, 2013, 07:43:01 am »

If you can find a farm you'll have a good source of food, as squirrels and rabbits will continuously hurl their bodies into the barbed wire fences surrounding the fields. I've even found a cougar or two. There are some bad guys on the farm, of course, but not too many.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 16, 2013, 07:56:32 am »

I'd say that walking around at night is pretty dangerous, you shouldn't do it unless you know exactly what you're doing or you are willing to rely on pure luck.

Right now, making the town safe by murdering all the zombies is probably much better. You can do that fairly easily with a longbow and a good stack of arrows (200 should be enough without going over your weight limit).

> Sheb, you're right about the wildlife, it's really a pain in the ass but if you're willing to fiddle with the source code you can change the colors fairly easily, in my game the bears, wolves, cougars and wolf spiders are now light grey (almost white) and the squirrels and rabbits on the other hand are now dark grey. Also, my spitter zombies are now brown, since I couldn't tell them apart from regular Z's, what with being colorblind and all. Oh and my Electronics stores are now light grey as well (I couldn't tell them apart from houses). To be honest, the game is quite easy to mod, as long as you're willing to install Code::blocks, are able to use Crtl+F (search), and have a bit of common sense.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1943 on: April 16, 2013, 07:56:41 am »

When it comes to raiding the town I never tried doing it at night so I found an interesting thing about the static spawn system. Zombies seems to spawn in a blob that is vaguely circle shape centered on the towns center. This means that if you see a bit of the town that sticks out there tends to not be zombies there so its almost completely safe there (note the almost, luck will always screw you if your depending on it).
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 16, 2013, 09:34:19 am »

I've finally found a hacksaw and a snazzy new engine for my Murder Bike. It can now run at over 100 km/h. I have also added a fuel tank for maximum mileage.

Also, I have a question. Can you find labs and bionics on classic mode, or can you only find them on normal?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:38:28 am by sebcool »
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 16, 2013, 09:39:48 am »

I'm just glad that I already know all the stuff in season 3. I still haven't read all the books available in my country but largely enough to cover seasons 3 and 4, I believe.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 16, 2013, 09:42:35 am »

What I learned today: No matter how much you like your bike, it cannot run over a zombie horde.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 16, 2013, 09:44:30 am »

What I learned today: No matter how much you like your bike, it cannot run over a zombie horde.

Unless it has a big ass engine and is covered in spikes. :D
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 16, 2013, 09:59:41 am »

I've finally found a hacksaw and a snazzy new engine for my Murder Bike. It can now run at over 100 km/h. I have also added a fuel tank for maximum mileage.

Also, I have a question. Can you find labs and bionics on classic mode, or can you only find them on normal?

Yes you can find labs and bionics in classic (at least you could in .3). I personally switched back from classic to normal because classic is just too easy after like day 2.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 16, 2013, 10:48:01 am »

So Road maps are petty neat.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1086