Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862917 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1950 on: April 16, 2013, 11:45:51 am »

Sorry if this was suggested before, but can we get a command to move stuff around without picking it up? I'm refering to the "m" command in URW for those that played that. Basicaly you press the key and everything under your feet now move with you, with a bigger movement cost. Ideally you would want this move cost to scale with the items weight.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 16, 2013, 12:32:36 pm »

..Guys, did you know there are zombies in this game?
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 16, 2013, 12:33:33 pm »

Sorry if this was suggested before, but can we get a command to move stuff around without picking it up? I'm refering to the "m" command in URW for those that played that. Basicaly you press the key and everything under your feet now move with you, with a bigger movement cost. Ideally you would want this move cost to scale with the items weight.

I think there was a suggestion ages ago of a push command or be able to bash items to another tile as the main problem is piles of zombies blocking up your door.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 16, 2013, 12:42:21 pm »

That would be one use, or say you made a whole lot of 2by4 and you want to move them around to barricade a house, picking each plank is really taking long, especially if you have limited inventory space.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 16, 2013, 12:57:57 pm »

I have a badly swollen spider bite that hurt. What should I do about this?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 16, 2013, 01:01:57 pm »

Do you have a hack saw?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 16, 2013, 01:03:55 pm »

Any advice that doesn't involve loosing limbs? Am I going to die from that stuff?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 16, 2013, 01:05:34 pm »

Royal jelly is good for pretty much any poison, if you can find some. Otherwise I'd recommend taking a shit ton of drugs and waiting it out.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 16, 2013, 01:19:21 pm »

In other news, I seem to have hit a wall regarding custom professions, you can set up however many professions you want, however you get a CTD if you try to scroll to any of them other than the first six.

I've changed the order and looked over all the brackets, and I always get a CTD when I try to pick the 7th profession.

My new plan is to have a selection of professions pre-made and people will have to copy and paste the six they want for that game manually. Thankfully changing the professions file doesn't break saves, even if you remove a profession your character is currently using.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29:17 pm »

I have a badly swollen spider bite that hurt. What should I do about this?

Try a first aid kit, if that doesnt work, try antibiotics.  Thats if its infected.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 16, 2013, 02:13:50 pm »

My wound is no longer a problem, I got killed by the horde trying to sneak into the pharmacy.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 16, 2013, 02:31:01 pm »

My wound is no longer a problem, I got killed by the horde trying to sneak into the pharmacy.

Problem solved!
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:04 pm »

Ugh. Literally as soon as I open the door to leave the evac centre I either get jumped by wolves or zombie dogs. How do I avoid this?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:05 pm »

I don't know if this was posted here before, but this is one of the best starting strategies I've found:

1. Get one point in mechanics
2. Beat the fuck out of one of the lockers in the starting shelter
3. Get pipe
4. Go outside
5. Get rock
6. Make crowbar (under the misc heading)
7. ????
8. PROFIT! Also open windows and doors like it ain't no thing.

EDIT: This was not intended as a reply to above, but that seems to be an issue a lot of people have. I usually have wolves trying to run me down once I get out there, but they're not usually at the door.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 16, 2013, 02:46:44 pm »

Also, if you ever get jumped by a Zombie in town:
1) Run to the nearest closed windows.
2) Crowbar it open
3) Go in.
4) Close it
5)Wait for the Zed to bash it open and get stuck on the sharp glass
6) Bash it open with the same crowbar
7) Repeat until no more Zeds. Seriously. I killed a swarm of 20 Zeds without a scratch that way.

It's useful to have a backup firearm in case one of the Zeds is a Hulk/Brute. It's hard to kill them fast enough with the crowbar.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 1086