Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862733 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #540 on: January 30, 2013, 11:10:28 pm »

haven't seen any posts about that being fixed, and it didn't last time I played defense (admittedly it was the 5Jan version)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 31, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »

How do you use wrenches to take apart lawnmowers?  I try to apply the wrench, but it doesn't do anything.  Where can I find springs?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #542 on: January 31, 2013, 04:11:42 pm »

You use the ( key to disassemble items now. Or possibly the ) key
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 31, 2013, 05:17:47 pm »

Ah.

Another question.  How are tools distributed?  I haven't found any wood axes.  Have I just been unlucky or are they a rare spawn?

Is there a reason for the poppy painkiller and sleep recipes to be fire only and able to be made with a rock or a pot, but not a frying pan?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:35:52 pm by Rez »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #544 on: January 31, 2013, 06:25:44 pm »

Wood axes seem to be among the rarest items at this point.
Best bet is probably to go around splatting NPCs until one gets dropped.
Though considering the odds of finding an NPC with a mininuke (active) are about the same, maybe not.
Personally, I haven't found any since the 5Jan version, not in HW stores, nor on NPCs.
However, there was discussion about making them more common, and having them appear in both HW and sporting goods stores.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 31, 2013, 06:49:54 pm »

IMO, it might be good to allow the cutting of trees with wood saws at a slower rate and the cutting of saplings with a hatchet or combat knife.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #546 on: January 31, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »

Would it be possible for houses to get a chance of spawning wood axes if they're adjacent to a forest? It'd make the isolated homes in the woods worth the trek.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:58 pm »

Would it be possible for houses to get a chance of spawning wood axes if they're adjacent to a forest? It'd make the isolated homes in the woods worth the trek.

That would be nice.  It might actually be a good time for a general overhaul of houses in general, a couple counters in kitchens, tables and other such furniture scattered about, that kinda thing.  SOme houses could even have a garage even if they never contain a car.  More things to look for in a safehouse sounds good in a hard decision sorta way.

"Hmm should I set up shop in that empty cave out of town, that suburban house on the suburbs with a basement, or the house with the safe garage near the gas station..."
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 31, 2013, 11:42:15 pm »

It seems like you'd have to rework the spawn and detection mechanics to make a base of operations near town feasible.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 01, 2013, 02:31:17 am »

Is it possible to empty my bleach without drinking it?

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 01, 2013, 02:34:50 am »

[w]ield it and [U ]nload it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:45:52 am by Rez »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 01, 2013, 02:43:38 am »

That would be nice.  It might actually be a good time for a general overhaul of houses in general, a couple counters in kitchens, tables and other such furniture scattered about, that kinda thing.  SOme houses could even have a garage even if they never contain a car.  More things to look for in a safehouse sounds good in a hard decision sorta way.

"Hmm should I set up shop in that empty cave out of town, that suburban house on the suburbs with a basement, or the house with the safe garage near the gas station..."

Wait wait wait...

Are you suggesting the game NOT make things artificially scarce?

That is insane!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 01, 2013, 07:50:11 pm »

I do believe a rehaul of houses is definitely in order.

Thing is, if you look in the average house today, you find a heck of a lot more than a few sets of clothes, and a fridge with a few things in it. I don't know about you guys, but where I live, this place is STOCKED. There's so much stuff I dunno what to do with it.

Houses need to be less minimal. We need a bunch of items that suggest that there were actually people LIVING in them, you know?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 01, 2013, 08:09:50 pm »

It does kinda feel a bit empty. I'd like more furniture like TVs and couches, bookshelves as well. Houses with a bit of personality to them, you know? At the moment it kinda seems that every house is a minimalist masterpiece with all the items just strewn on the floor.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 01, 2013, 08:45:28 pm »

It's no wonder everyone got sick, their only source of water were toilets.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1086