Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 51246 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:26 pm »

Useal cuts his contact with the mad god with a wave of his hand and strolls calm's toward the pitiful war-band before him, weaving a shield of force around himself.
with s gesture and a minor effort of will, he breaks the back of their loudmouth leader. He then adresses the rest of the warband, his voice imbuled with binding magic such that oaths made to him may not be broken, proclaiming "fealty or death!", then cuts down all who disobey. the champion is sacrificed to fuel my magic, for he has no fealty to give. The troops who submit will be drafted into a militia/hard labor force, and may earn freedom through great deed or virtue.

Over the next ten years, Useal attempts to bring his citizens into harmony with the invisible world around them. From teaching them how to recognize and thank brownies and Lars to warning them about the danger of changlings and how to prevent it. Over time, useal hopes, the city of Avalon will be a stable home for both humans and fae.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2013, 11:30:12 pm »

Sorry this is late!

Have this mortal follow in the path of this surge of warfare, Resurrection as he goes. Have him amass a following of whatever humans he can find with weak moral compasses, a lust for knowledge, and an ego the size of a mountain.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 03, 2013, 12:19:02 am »

Nikalas will also change his second lesser domain from abominatins to dreams.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 03, 2013, 12:55:41 am »

Celestia

My avatar settles in and introduces herself to the people. It's time to bring not merely light to the world, but enlightenment to the mind.

Begin teaching humanity:

1) Proper sanitation. Instruct them in how to boil water before drinking, and advise them to bathe and wash their clothing and environment. Instruct them to be wary of disease vectors like rats.
2) How to make kilns, and how to use heat to make pottery, brick and tile.
3) How to melt sand into glass, and the art of glass blowing.

With these techniques having been taught, assist them in building the largest and most beautiful city on the planet. Be available to them to offer advice and assistance. Personally provide heating for the kilns, if need be, in order to produce a constant stream of high quality construction materials. The city is to be built with an extreme minimum of wood. Build public bathhouses so that everyone has access to water for cleaning. Build streetlights, and provide permanent magical lighting so that the streets are always lit. There are to be public roads, and comfortable housing available to all. Every attention is to be given not only to durable construction, but also to beauty. And only if and after every citizen has a comfortable house and abundant access to clean water and food will efforts begin towards the construction of a beautiful palace constructed entirely of glass. Glass superheated personally by Me to be as durable as steel.

Over the years, ensure that My position in the sky promotes an ideal and comfortable climate for as much of the world as possible. This city, however, is to be My capitol, under My ever vigilant and personal watch.

Protogenos: "Your domain is Life. I am the Sun, and I enable that which You create. You and your creations are dear to Me. I declare to My worshippers that Yours are friends. Let no enmity exist between Us, and let peace exist between Our followers."

Strelic: "Your domain is Trade. I am engaged in city building, and intend to do so for centuries. We are natural allies. You and Yours are welcome in My city. Let Us be at peace."

Draco: "Your domain is Morality. In this city, My word is law. I expect that You will accept this. You and yours are an honorable people and are welcome in My city. Let there be no quarrel between Us."

Nikalas: "Your domain is fear and courage. I understand that there can be no heroism without potential for loss. I understand that fear and loss can be great motivators for progress. You have expressed desire for peace, and I am receptive to it. Know however, that I will permit no hostile acts upon My people."

To the other powers of this world

"I seek no quarrel with you. You have every right to exist, and I will not seek you out nor interfere with your activities. This city and its immediate environs, however, is under My direct and personal protection. I advise you to not interfere with its inhabitants."

If any hostile force attempts to approach...incinerate them with the heat of the Sun.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 03, 2013, 12:59:30 am »

The Fear god bows his head and says to the Sun goddess Let there be no harm between our peoples. May you warriors feel bravery unto death and may your scared be treated as equals. My creations will not harm your cities and my cults will not pratice their schemes there. They will find ones who call themeselves brave and test them, for the world always needs heros./i]

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 03, 2013, 01:29:44 am »

Send every asset possible to try and annihilate the Sun Goddess's city. Make it a suicide run if need be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2013, 01:37:25 am »

Draw power from the rage and violence generated during this conflict.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2013, 01:39:02 am »

Attempt to stop that one asshole from blowing up the city. I may need that later.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2013, 01:42:45 am »

Use the energy generated from the fight to bind the Fear god from interfering.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2013, 02:09:22 am »

Send every asset possible to try and annihilate the Sun Goddess's city. Make it a suicide run if need be.

Celestia: "BEHOLD MY WRATH!"

Instruct the humans of the city to organize together inside the city and to remain there until the battle is over. Advise them to not watch lest they be blinded by the display. Then take to the skies. Give all who approach ample warning and opportunity to withdraw. Any who press the attack are to be incinerated.

If necessary, dismiss My avatar and appear in Person to face down Cthulhu.

Take care to minimize collateral damage.

Celestia:
Worship: 63

Cthulhu:
Worship:10

I have six times your power at my disposal.

4 shoggoths

...are sensitive to light.

Followers: 4
the humans aren't happy

Offer them amnesty. If they throw down their arms I will not harm them. They may join Me, or they may leave in peace. If they attack...humans may be considered somewhat flammable.

Jubile, creates deformed skeletons

Jubile, being human, is as mentioned previously...flammable. See if the skeletons continue to function once she has been reduced to ashes.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2013, 02:14:29 am »

Protogenos

"Celestia, I am willing to have a friendship with you however my children; the Wyverns need a roost or somewhere to land. Perhaps, you can also have some of your citizens groom the Wyverns and use their shedded scales for armor or tools." 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:25:13 am by jaass »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2013, 02:29:58 am »

Celestia:

"This is agreeable to Me. I shall instruct My people to include room for the construction of a wyvern roost within the city. Perhaps we can then find a nearby mountain range for the wyverns to call their own, so that they may easily fly between the two as they please.

Though if You'll forgive Me, there are somewhat more immediate matters to attend to, as it appears that the armies of Cthulhu are approaching."

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2013, 05:12:22 am »

Ok, i'm pretty sure everybody is done posting actions. The floor is yours rolepgeek

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2013, 02:42:41 pm »

This is not an action, just my proposition with Celestia:

Perhaps that, as the city grows old or finds war admist the borders, the corpses could be sent to my followers, in exchange for some service, perhaps additional food when (if?) my followers become sedentary? This could also help stop the spread of disease from the rot. Though Devil I may be, I still have no quarrel with the sun.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2013, 02:56:46 pm »

Turn 4

World:
Nations: None
Tech: Recently discovered medicine(basic).
Population:
Chaos Creatures: 11
Eladrin: (.0)7
Fae: ?
Humans: 82
Wyverns:12

Azaroth: This time, at least, someone escapes. It's funny to think that you had failed the first time because people didn;t live. But you aren't a devil of death, after all, so their deaths would give you nothing; it is the fear and the fighting itself which grants power.
Battle Rating: 13
Fear Rating: 7
Influence used: 50(5 upkeep, 40 demon, 5 blasting)
Influence gained: 8
Influence: 48

Cupiditas: Ooh...their worship is like on big orgy of lust and desire. How delicious. Those who want to take no part leave as quickly as they can, but the town is still quite full as people migrate to it. Lots of pregancies occur.
Agony Rating: 2
Lust Rating: 13
Followers gained: 3(2)
Followers: 3(2)
Influence used: 20(5 upkeep, 15 cultists)
Influence gained: 12
Influence: 78

Javier: Poor bastards...only a few actually disliked your blessings, but the Eladrin killed every single one which did not surrender. Haiphael is adept at his task, and quite a few people are performing ritual sacrifices with chickens or goats before they realize it, and by then it's too late; there's no going back. The possession goes wonderfully though; the leader was quite weak-willed, so it's a wonder that he got the position at all. The mortal you grant knowledge to is a medicine man, by the name of Hipocra, and he quickly helps to banish the last of your plague; it is completely gone from the world now. And the Eladrin's children were cured. Figures. Meanwhile, the sun god has decided to make herself queen of everything. Annoying. She's even making her followers clean for heaven's sake! But she killed a god. So you might be able to get something out of that.
Death Rating: 8
Plague Rating: 2
Followers gained: 5(1), 1(3)
Followers lost: 1(7)
Followers: 2(3), 9(1)
Demon: Haiphael the Disguised One(Trickery)
Influence used: 25(5 base upkeep, 15 possession, 5 knowledge granting)
Influence gained: 39(15 extra from god's death)
Influence: 44

Kazar: Ahaha! So many things for you to raise! And some of the less...discriminating of mortals wish to help you, even for just a taste of this power.
Anger Rating: 0
Pride Rating: 11
Followers gained: 2(6)
Followers: 2(6)
Demon: Gastarik the Rotting(Undeath)
Sorceror: Tiall of the Grinning Skull
Influence used: 25(5 upkeep, 20 mortal magic)
Influenced gained: 9
Influence: 14

Alrezar: These humans...their accent would be like a different language, on that you didn't speak, if Delmas hadn't accustomed you to a milder version of it. Asking the humans for aid, they agree to do so; but they don't want protection. They want your help on their sea raids and battles, it seems. They're certainly strong, and with Delmas helping, you quickly create the fortress, and a village begins to crop up around it...Now for a bigger court. Seems a particularly powerful pixie is interested in what's happening...
Followers gained: 3
Followers: 10
Faery Court: Delmas Frost Giant (Cold, Strength)
Magic used: 0
Magic gained: 12
Magic: 72

Rhyme: You do little save continue as before, but you begin to be forgotten...ironic, considering memory to be your domain...(Did she quit?)
Followers gained:
Followers:
Magic gained:
Magic:

Usael: The leader has some power granted by a god; it is not so easy to beat him but with a gesture. But in close combat, he falls easily, and the Eladrin from the god named Draco assist you to slay those who resist. This god could eb quite helpful...a god of law and presumably honor? With a fae of contracts? Indeed, this should make a good alliance...you just need to write an agreement. Otherwise, your town flourishes, with the aid of your slaves penitentiaries.
Followers gained: 2
Followers: 6
Magic used: 15(fighting)
Magic gained: 7
Magic: 95

Celestia: Though you teach them, and some listen, the world seems to conspire against you. You have to channel much of your power to incinerate the awful beasts, and then your people must rebuild the gates. At least you've grown comfortable enough raising the sun and dividing your attention that it takes no real effort.
Followers gained: 1(2), 3(1)
Followers lost: Some, but it's more than countered by the gains, so...
Followers: 1(4), 5(2), 18(1)
Worship used: 36(11 upkeep, 5 magic lights, 20 INCINERATION)
Worship gained:27
Worship: 54

Cthulhu: Unacceptable. The sun god thinks she can protect the city? Bah. She will crumble before you! Oh wait...the sun blasts many of your creatures, incinerating a dozen or more with every blasts of light...but four hundred tough, insane creature absolutely fanatic about you are not so easy to destroy. They manage to tear down the city gates before being forced to retreat back into the deadly light. Jubile uses his skeletons to try and thin their numbers, but bone cracks in heat, and they begin to shatter as the temperature rises. The prophet himself is turned into ash, even through your protections. The sun god herself arrives, and the last thing you see is the glaring light of the sun...
Followers gained: 1(7)
Followers lost: 4(8 )
Followers: 1(7)
Prophet: Jubile of the Dark Hand
Worship used: 45(5 upkeep, 40 attack/attacked)
Worship gained: 32
Worship:-3(DEAD)

Draco: Sadly, only two of the children were still living in order for you to cure them; even a god has little power against a devil of disease, and his trickery prevented you from seeing it sooner. Though Tylea wept, it only strengthened her resolve against the bringers of the plague, and so it is child's play to find most of the carriers; being bloated and poxed from the filth, they are easy to find. Thought Hafri and Ruist argue about whose weapon is best for cleaving through the unrighteous, there are only affectionate squabbles among the seven; being a member of an elite race can do that for you. The larger group, which calls themselves the Court of Law, finds the besieged town, and assists the fae guarding it...Pariphas, the warlord, is strong, but the Fae Lord Usael is able to best him easily in single combat, while the four Eladrin hold back the tide of warriors behind him. With their leader gone, they swiftly descend into internal squabbles and fighting; those who survive surrender, seeing their chances to be slim.

The Carriers are handled by the the others, who call themselves Justice' Edge. Many refuse to be cured, glorying in their power, but three against one...it is simple to slay them. Only three wilingly surrender, and one of them did it as a trick, and managed to sink his rotting teeth into Hafri's neck; the man lives, but disease saps his strength, and the others worry for him. Quite a few flock to your banner after seeing the way you handled the plague, and you smile at a job well done.
Followers gained: 3(1), 2(4)
Followers lost: 2(2)
Followers: 1(6), 2(4), 3(2), 12(1)
Prophet: Magistrate Tylea
Worship used: 21(11 upkeep, 10 curing)
Worship gained: 25
Worship: 34

Jebyg: Serves the bastard right, going off without your say-so! Besides, your champions can more than fill the gap...they almost instantly begin fighting among themselves in the manner you specify, and soon only 3 are left; One who has beaten eight others, another who has beaten six, and the last has only beaten three. However, they each have a large amount of land under their belts, and an army larger than many towns.
Followers lost: 4(2), 2(5)
Followers gained: 3(1), 3(3)
Followers: 4(5), 4(2) 8(1)
Prophet: Carolus the Harbinger(Only just now listened to music; awesome. I want to give(but shouldn't) him a bonus just for that...)
Champions: Batar the Destroyer and Meri the Watchful
Worship used: 25(11 base upkeep, 4 Champion upkeep, 10 imbuing process)
Worship gained: 44
Worship: 59

Nikalas: So many fears...seems that humanity has a lot to be afraid of. These nightmares are easy to produce; you're a god of fear, after all. And while many try to heed your warnings, it is too little, too late. Many have already begun to worship the Devils and darker Gods. But the Fears seem wonderful; almost impossible to kill, too. In the process, you are able to focus on dreams rather than horrible things, and it helps to make it even easier; but the cost of switching balances it out.
Followers gained: 2(2)
Followers lost: None. YAY
Followers: 1(5), 1(3), 2(2), 10(1)
Prophet: Iskai the Undaunted
Worship used: 80(10 upkeep, 70 Race Creation)
Worship gained: 18
Worship: 4

Protogenos: Yeiss happily agrees. A few minor issues pop up, nothing that isn't easily handled... Until the wyvernslayers show up. A group of elite and strong humans, they are starting to hunt and kil wyverns. Some wyverns have responded by destroying towns and such. This could start a vicious cycle...
Followers gained: 2(1), 1(2)
Followers lost: 1(3)
Followers: 4(3), 8(2), 5(1)
Prophet: Yeiss, Black of Scale and Eye
Worship used: 30(10 upkeep, 20 full prophet?)
Worship gained: 32(worship)
Worship: 32

Strelic: What do you do?
Followers gained:
Followers lost:
Followers: 5(2), 20(1)
Prophet: Robert
Worship used:
Worship gained:
Worship:113
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:00:45 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek