Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 51240 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #225 on: December 31, 2012, 07:20:10 pm »

Creating a lesser god has not been done in the history of anything yet. So yeah, it's kinda a secret how difficult it is to do. But I will give you this.

100<X<500

And it'll cost you around 30 if it doesn't work.
Thanks.
Is it fair to assume that it will vary with the power of the lesser god or other factors, and isn't a fixed number?

I'm none too surprised that we haven't created "normal" races yet. It's not really worth the effort.

(But not kill them! I don't won't Wyrm doing the same to me.)
I'm glad to already have this much influence.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2012, 07:23:22 pm »

Nothing is a fixed number in this. As populations rise and I begin to understand celestial economics, costs will fluctuate, and I will be able to make the excuse that the human thought patterns are changing, and that's why, because I am the UNIVERSE. Or something. What is the GM in a game where the players are gods? The God-Master?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2012, 07:26:35 pm »

The presence which created both the void and the world
Or a high god= 200 GGs in battle

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 31, 2012, 09:07:31 pm »

Everyone is done posting actions, you can put up the turn now.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 01, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »

Will put up turn in a few hours; takes a while to sift through everything(and I need to do some stuff). In the meantime...OOC thread is up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 01, 2013, 09:19:46 pm »

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Turn 3

World:
Nations: None
Tech: Recently discovered bronze.
Population:
Chaos Creatures: 10
Eladrin: (.0)7
Fae: ?
Humans: 75
Shoggoth: 4
Wyverns: 11

A note. The population means what it was at the beginning of this turn. Not necessarily what the actual

Azaroth: AHAHAHA! Glorious. Their screams, their fear...you drink it like wine as you slaughter them, watching the place burn. It is a wonderful sight, and the popping and crackling of wood and flesh burning, mingled with screams and moans, is music to your ears...the humans will spread your name! But what is this? With your fiendish intelligence, you knew there were exactly 92 people in this village. Three had been chosen to live, and here are there burned bodies at your feet...CURSES! A waste of your time; these fragile humans could not survive the brimstone fury you had created. Something did this...you were too careful...something has robbed you of your prize.
Battle Rating: 8(You gain power from the amount of violence in the world, especially if it's know to be caused by you)
Fear Rating: 0
Influence used: 10(5 upkeep, 5 manifestation)
Influence gained: 5(temporary fear)
Influence: 90

Cupiditas: Ah...how perverted these humans are...they already have their visions of pleasure in sleep, and only a little nudge is needed to give a bit more vividness, a bit more...power, to them. Unlike other, less elegant devils, you gain no power from fear or anger...instead, you gain power from the lust and perversions of humans, as well as the pain they suffer...if they know it to be caused by you, it is far easier to collect, though.
Agony Rating: 3
Lust Rating: 9
Influence used: 10(5 upkeep, 5 dreams)
Influence gained: 0
Influence: 85

Javier: Plague! Death! Lies...all help you. You can feel the current of power from the people's fear fading away, but a stronger current appears, one which begins to slow, but still exists...similarly, the dripping anger falls away, replaced by a jittering current as people die, and you take their souls for yourself. Ah well. This disease needs no more help; besides, if all the humans die, who will be left to carry the infections? The plague falls away as you stop helping it, and turn your attentions to followers. As for the woman...DAMN HER. She is protected by one of those damnable gods! Possessing her does no good...but her children...they can die of your plague...hehehehe....her cries of sorrow are rewarding.
Death Rating: 18(This will fluctuate every turn; it is equal to the number of people who died last turn. People are also born, so...)
Plague Rating: 7(All diseases, not just yours; and disease was the number one killer back then...)
Followers gained: 4(1)
Followers lost: 1(3)
Followers: 1(7), 1(3), 4(1)
Demon: Haiphael the Disguised One(Trickery)
Influence used: 65(5 upkeep, 40 demons, 10 failed possession, 10 granting immunity)
Influence gained: 40(24 Ratings, 16 followers)
Influence: 30

Kazar: The pride of mortals, their anger and arrogance, it empowers you. Your demon gives his powers of undeath to a mortal, teaching the vile man how to bring the dead back as walking husks. Using this magic, Havaris wanders the land, amassing many bodies from the plague's victims, and his powers attract a small following.
Anger Rating: 0
Pride Rating: 9
Demon: Gastarik the Rotting(Undeath)
Influence used: 65(5 upkeep, 40 demon, 20 mortal magic)
Influence: 30

Alrezar: The giant grows bored, but doesn't fall asleep, sadly. However, it is beaten as the hours go by, inch by inch, as it tires more quickly than you. When you finally win, many of the local fae are duly impressed. The giant himself agrees to follow such a strong and durable warrior.
Followers gained: 5
Followers: 7
Faery Court: Delmas Frost Giant (Cold, Strength)
Magic used: 5(tiring)
Magic gained: 4
Magic: 60

Rhyme: You do little save continue as before, and far fewer fae join you this time, and some leave. But the pursuit of knowledge, and recording of it, is more important than such trivialities.
Followers gained: 1
Followers: 4
Magic gained: 8
Magic: 110

Usael: The humans happily agree, what with the plagues and angels, and all. Little happens for much of your reign; raids by small groups of bandits are easily repelled...but then a large warband, led by a man called Pariphas, appears. He demands the citizens of the town join his band or die...what will you do?
Followers gained: 4
Followers: 4
Magic used: 10(wards)
Magic gained: 13
Magic: 103

Celestia: Curses and oaths, as well as screams and prayers, follow the sun's retreat from the earth. Some of your followers say that you have forsaken them, others that this is your punishment for their lack of devotion. The ground grows cold, as the world suffers without the heat. But after three days have passed, you reappear. Many are awed, amazed at the display; others grow angry at the trickery. Whatever the case, the gods' presence in the world is becoming clear...
Followers gained: 5(2)
Followers lost: 7(1), 1(4)
Followers: 1(4), 5(2), 18(1)
Worship used: 30(10 upkeep, 15 raising, 5 lightshow)
Worship gained: 33
Worship: 63

Cthulhu: Your shoggoths still venerate you greatly, though the ones that had done so to the point of foregoing everything else have mostly died. You don't have a prophet yet, but you find one. It's pretty easy; human minds are as fragile as their bodies. When your shoggoths rush in, they slay many humans, some of whom go insane from fear at the horrid beasts. As your prophet, Jubile, creates deformed skeletons from the remains, you notice a mass of humans, clad in leather and cloth, armed with wood and copper weapons, approaching. There's a lot of them...seems the word of your shoggoths have spread, and the humans aren't happy. They even have some strange creatures in their ranks, strange, almost squid like creatures, with tentacles on their faces; they look like miniature versions of what your physical manifestation would be. How cute.
Followers gained: 4(8)
Followers lost: 3(10)
Followers: 4(8)
Prophet: Jubile of the Dark Hand
Worship used: 50(10 upkeep, 30 prophetizing, 10 mortal magic)
Worship gained: 30
Worship:10

Draco: Tylea, your prophet, chooses the seven to be made in your image. Seven of them is easy, even if they are quite powerful. Each wields a different weapon, appropriate to their role; A steel longsword and matching shield for Aster, the Warden; a steel-bound rod for Cusein, the Arbiter; steel arrows and a compound bow wielded by Deifas, the Persecutor; Hafri uses a two-handed axe of steel, he who is the Executioner. An arbalest with steel bolts for Leone, the Enforcer; his sister Ruist wields a greatsword, and serves as the Crusader. And finally, Weigarm, the Legislator, uses a steel staff to channel his magic. These Eladrin, for it is no longer appropriate to call them men, go at your prophet's behest, to seek the Enemy, and put them to the blade. It is only a question of whether the power of the Carriers will overbear them, for these plague-ridden fiends have an unnatural metabolism...
Followers gained: 5(2), 1(1)
Followers lost: 1(10)(Prophets are now unique, and do not grant worship), 1(6)
Followers: 1(6), 5(2), 9(1)
Prophet: Magistrate Tylea
Worship used: 45(10 upkeep, 35 Eladrin(5 each))
Worship gained: 30
Worship: 30

Jebyg: Ahhhh...what a pleasant nap. Now what's happening...oh yes, Pariphas was foundering without your guidance, the bloody fool, and went and attacked a town protected by one of those Fae Lords, of all things! The others seem to have died...the chaotic one walked off a cliff before changing his mind, and the insane one...it looks like he tried to eat his foot, and choked on a toe.
Followers lost: 2(5), 3(3), 1(10)
Followers gained: 8(1), 4(2)
Followers: 4(5), 4(2) 8(1)
Prophet: Pariphas the Bloody
Worship gained: 55
Worship used: 15(10 upkeep, 5 angel upkeep)
Worship: 40

Nikalas: Though the populace figures out the plan soon enough, it's only a few months until they realize, that what you're really doing, is just teaching the damn kids who leave the farm that being a hero is fucking scary. So they settle down, and let you. Of course, the ones who manage to kill your fearlings also tend to kill quite a few of your followers, even if they reveal themselves to be helping. Humans...so strange, sometimes.
Followers gained: 1(5), 3(1)
Followers lost: 1(3), 1(10)
Followers: 1(5), 1(3), 10(1)
Prophet: Iskai the Undaunted
Worship used: 20(10 upkeep, 10 tests and helping)
Worship gained: 23
Worship: 66

Protogenos: Your...prophet, agrees to to spread the word. In return, he asks for eternal youth, magic(nothing you can't do, really), and your backing in any endeavors he may try. You agree cautiously, and the beast spreads the word to both human and wyvern.
Followers gained: 1(2), 4(3), 3(1)
Followers lost: 4(2)
Followers: 4(3), 7(2), 3(1)
Prophet: Yeiss, Black of Scale and Eye(translated, but yeah)
Worship used: 30(10 upkeep, 20 weak prophet)
Worship gained: 20(worship)
Worship: 20

Strelic: The town flourishes under your influence! And there are still enough humans to worship both you and the sun god who descended the other day. For now. More people flock to your temples, which are beginning to be built, as everyone likes a little luck...but the plague still kills some before you protect the rest.
Followers gained: 5(2)
Followers lost: 8(1), 1(10)
Followers: 5(2), 20(1)
Prophet: Robert
Worship used: 20(10 upkeep, 10 luck)
Worship gained: 38
Worship:113
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 01, 2013, 09:36:31 pm »

Happy new year to you, too.

Ask Tylea and my other followers to bring me the plague-ridden or otherwise burdened. I will cure and aid those who come willingly, in hopes of mitigating their plight. Encourage those who were healed to join my followers. Also cure Tylea's children, if Javier did in fact infect them. It's nice for my prophet, leaves open the possibility of a line descended from the First Prophet, and hints at the possibility that if you are faithful, your children can be saved, too.
Send the Eladrin out in groups to defeat any kind of evil creatures they can. They will spread my word around the region, perhaps the world, as they do so. Maybe save that town being besieged by that warrior-prophet. Oh, and have them say that rancor's town is a good place to live.
I'm going to divide the Eladrin into two groups for protection. One will be Aster, Cusein, Deifas, and Weigarm; the other will be Hafri, Leone, and Ruist. All this assumes the proposed groups have no major personality clashes, of course.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:57:16 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 01, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »

Have my honor bound slavesworshippers preach the will of Javier, and how serving me is the way to cure themselves and others of the plague.
Have my demon trick people into serving me.
Have my carriers stay away from the general populace, and hide in caves
Possess a local governor/chieftain
Grant 1 mortal the knowledge of an herb which slows progression of the plague via dreamspeak

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:04:36 pm by javierpwn »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 01, 2013, 09:59:23 pm »

>Have my angel whisper into the minds of mortals across the land. Fill them with rage and anger against the causers of the plague, the ones who stood by and did nothing, the ones who indescriminately burn villages to grow their own power, the ones who feed upon the fear in the world. They shall all know me as the path to vengance, freedom from the disease, and power to regain what was lost.
>Those who accept my offer and join me as followers shall be without fear, and free of all disease.
>I will select a handful of the strongest, and angriest warriors and imbue within them a small fraction of my power (So their strength grows with mine).
>They shall go forth, conquering all that they lay their eyes upon and bringing more people into my service.

HOWEVER, The warbands are not to fight each other, instead if the champions seek to rule the other champion's warband and land they are to fight in single combat.
The winner shall be the new leader, and shall be imbued with the power previously given to the now dead champion (and healed of the injuries sustained during the fight. Don't want my champion going out like Khal Drogo).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:04:41 pm by Jbg97 »
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 01, 2013, 11:45:14 pm »

A strange darkness settles over the world. Across many towns and villages people are having bad dreams, nightmares. In it they see a land ravaged by war and destruction, dieases and insanity spread like wildfire. Beasts and devils stalk the night. But from the night also comes of other things...creatures born out of humanities darkest dreams fight against the monster. From the power of all these mortals dreaming the same thing they appear: The Fears

Send many town a villages a dream that warns them of those who worship diease, chaos, madness and violence. In the dream mankinds fears come alive to help their creators. From the power of these mass dreamings create The Fears, the personfication of mankind's phobias.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 02, 2013, 12:02:46 am »

"Delmas, the gods and demons are starting to fight amongst themselves. We'll have to build up a true fae court soon, or else they'll crush us underfoot in their wars. As strong as us fae are, we'll need help from the humans in order to construct a base before things get too bad."

Lead Delmas and the rest of my followers to a town of humans. Tell these mortals about the coming trouble and get them to aid me in building an enormous fortified manor in exchange for my protection.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 02, 2013, 12:18:40 am »

A strange darkness settles over the world. Across many towns and villages people are having bad dreams, nightmares. In it they see a land ravaged by war and destruction, dieases and insanity spread like wildfire. Beasts and devils stalk the night. But from the night also comes of other things...creatures born out of humanities darkest dreams fight against the monster. From the power of all these mortals dreaming the same thing they appear: The Fears

Send many town a villages a dream that warns them of those who worship diease, chaos, madness and violence. In the dream mankinds fears come alive to help their creators. From the power of these mass dreamings create The Fears, the personfication of mankind's phobias.
Use Chaos to corrupt the dreams, now it shows champions of War rising up and driving back the Fears, propping up the people, then crying out thanks to me, the God of War.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 02, 2013, 02:17:40 am »

"Looking upon my children the great Wyverns, specially Yeiss The Black of Scale and Eye. He is still young even though immortal, hopefully he will follow my guidance and allow this race to prosper."

Set some ground rules for Yeiss, say he should try to safeguard the Wyvern from becoming extinct, and try not incite any conflict with the other races unless I tell him to. He will also be my vassal for the Wyverns, basically he can relate any concerns or issues to me.

(Why would a Yeiss want eternal youth since his race are already immortal?)

edit: added some fluff
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:58:14 am by jaass »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 02, 2013, 03:30:51 am »

Find a little village out the way full of perversion and turn them into a cult to me, allowing the unperverted to leave unmolested(pun intended)I am I being of love not war. Keep up with those 'sweet' dreams.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 02, 2013, 04:40:21 am »

Oh, and to add a little thing to my current actions.
Rename the the strongest of my champions to Carolus.
This shall be his theme song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2ylGAwBnk
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37