Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Evolved: The First Step  (Read 6173 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: The First Step
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2012, 02:57:45 am »

I think I already know stuff? Since I was able to tell what series everyone was from.

Remember what I must already know, and look at my file which must be up here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 03:31:51 am »

Use my enhanced vision to try and find any other life forms. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2012, 03:38:31 am »

Sorry guys, I'll have to post the report tomorrow since I have to go to church right now. I hope you guys enjoyed so far and please tell me if there's anything I can improve. Honestly, I thought that I wouldn't be able to handle this many players. See you tomorrow.  :D
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2012, 04:22:27 am »

I'll go scout the area(active camo, journalist?)

-harry
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2012, 05:59:52 am »

Now, STAB STAB STAB. Eat fly, look around.

Here is another tip, because I am so helpful. ;) When you are explaining the rolls, don't do it in such
extreme detail. Here is a example of how most Gm do it, or at least how I do it.
Lets say I am trying to Kill a brick wall because it called my moma names. My action Is
to punch it. You can ether do a simple dice roll like this. ( Strength Roll 4 ) or you could have
me roll against his roll, Like this. ( Strength Roll 4 vs Endurance 2 +1 ) The plus one was because
his Endurance skill. I beat the wall but not by much, so lets say I did one damage. All together
it would be like this. (  Strength Roll 4 vs Endurance 2 +1 Wall hp -1 ) You can modify that to fit
any combat system you want, just tell people what the numbers mean before hand. The last
thing you need to do is describe what happened in the context of the story, like this.

(  Strength Roll 4 vs Endurance 2 +1 Wall hp -1 ) Angry dude chipped the wall, but he accomplished
little else. The wall was a powerful opponent. That is all I got to say, I hope it helps.     

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2012, 06:50:37 am »

"Hey, the bug's dead."

Also, sample a little bugmeat. Gotta keep my strength up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2012, 06:58:14 am »

Thanks for the advice! I was getting worried that I explained the dice rolls too much. What are you stabbing at? The corpse? Okay, I'll be sure to post that tomorrow.  ;D

By the way, to Pufferfish, yeah, you already know what happened. You didn't need a file since you were awake for the past 150 years, only being awoken 3 months ago. The doc's remarks are all recorded in your memory, which I will show in a flashback. Yay flashback!

Also, you guys should probably introduce eachother personally. After all, you all did kill a giant fly. This could be a chance for you guys to deepen your backgrounds and reveal any other skills or hobbies you did.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:02:05 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2012, 07:05:37 am »

Thanks for the advice! I was getting worried that I explained the dice rolls too much. What are you stabbing at? The corpse? Okay, I'll be sure to post that tomorrow.  ;D

By the way, to Pufferfish, yeah, you already know what happened. You didn't need a file since you were awake for the past 150 years, only being awoken 3 months ago. The doc's remarks are all recorded in your memory, which I will show in a flashback. Yay flashback!

Also, you guys should probably introduce eachother personally. After all, you all did kill a giant fly. This could be a chance for you guys to deepen your backgrounds and reveal any other skills or hobbies you did.
Oh, I missed the post. I changed my action.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2012, 09:20:54 am »

Explore roof top.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2012, 10:19:22 am »

Gob takes the hammer, then charges to the fly. He rams at the fly and knocks him down. He then swings with the hammer at the exposed flesh, which needs 2. He rolls 4+2+1 and smashes the flesh, splattering it all apart and break it's lungs.
Flies don't have lungs!

Anyways...
Secrete material for and form some blades for the others.
"Hey guys, my name's Lowell Becker. I used to do engineering around here; my specialty was in making cheap engineering work well. Now I'm here and can do this. What're your names, what can you do, and who wants a knife?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2012, 10:33:19 am »

Waitlist, or join, whichever is applicable.
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2012, 12:46:43 pm »

Noctis takes a knife from Lowell and starts sharpening his knives.
"My name's Noctis. I used to travel around learning the arts of sword-fighting and martial arts. I also fight pretty decently with knives, so I'll take one."
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »

I'm Gob.(Think of Gob Blueth)I've been around for a little while. I was a magician, a big one back in the day. You may have heard of me. I've been awake for a little while longer than you guys.

Gob declines a blade from Lowell.

No thanks, I like the feel of a five pound claw hammer.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:54:43 pm by Pufferfish »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2012, 08:03:09 pm »

"...I'll see what I can do."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2012, 08:24:01 pm »

"...I'll see what I can do."

((Already have one :P I brained the fly in the lungs with it haha.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8