Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Evolved: The First Step  (Read 6181 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: The First Step
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2012, 11:47:12 pm »

Wait...how can he fit into spaces half the size of his skull?
There's an ability in Dungeons and Dragons that allows escape artists to enter an area of 2 inches in diameter given a sufficiently high roll and ability boosts. It was possible to do a take ten action and be able to make it with the proper equipment. If it's too OP then it can be doubled for sure.
I'm not worried about how powerful it is, I'm just having trouble imagining someone squeezing into a space that small.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2012, 11:50:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah. There was some crazy discussion upon the discovery of this ability to fit into the... Ahem, behinds of your enemy. D&D gets weird sometimes. Yeah, anything I can fit my head into I guess. Makes plenty more sense.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2012, 12:08:49 am »

As the Evolved tried to peek through the hole in the wall, they heard a rustling and as they turned, the corpse was gone. It had been moved to the edge of the room. Another Evolved sat there, eating the leftover remains. He looked just like the rest, except with the Beta symbol etched into his arm.

You bare your teeth and weapons towards him. You move closer. He begins to slip through the small air vent.

"Who are you?" one of you shout. Noctis teleports next to him and grabs him.

"My na-name is Gob. Gob Tanner.", regaining his posture, and standing up. "I see you're from the Alpha test.", gesturing to the alpha symbol on your necks.

"Where are we?"

"You're in Galapagos city. Doesn't matter though. Anyway, thanks for the meal."

Meanwhile, Simon went and opened his locker. Inside were his medical files and a med-kit. Also, the pass to the local hospital. You take the med-kit and pass just in case.

Lowell started going towards his file, keeping the make-shift weapon in hand. Upon opening it, you find the schematics of many pieces of technology that seems that you created for the lab. Also, it contains the "Doc's" file.

It read:
                Mr. Becker. Nice, intelligent fellow. He was crucial to the engineering team's success in the capsules. Engineers, as I've seen were always ambitious fellows. Instead of receiving his paycheck, he requested to be put in the project. A fair trade it seemed. During our checkup on his condition, we found his capsule's fluids containing certain metals not included in the first place.
I'll continue my report on this anomaly soon.
                                                                  - Doc.

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 12:21:04 am »

Sorry, forgot to type in the going up thing.

Meanwhile, Nix asked the others for help in climbing upwards. They stood on the table and on one another's shoulders. After the first got up, he pulled the others up one by one, taking all their necessary belongings. As you look around, the town seems bleak, the sky is dusty with sand. All the roofs are connected with bridges and to the distance you find camps and makeshift barricades. Why wouldn't the people want to live on the ground?

As you continue looking around, a gigantic housefly which stood and flew on two legs appears. It carried the body of a human wearing rags. As it sees you, it swoops down and reveals two blades hiding in it's arms. It lands with a thud, cushioning it's impact with the corpse. Now you ask, why would they live up here?

You again draw your weapons and claws. The fly spits goo balls which all of you dodge. You close in and see that the fly bears the Gamma symbol.

Fighting.
            To fight, simply state the particular area, say his wings, and what to attack with. I'm trying to base this on DF style fighting. Remember that I can't make it happen as realistic. I'm human, not Evolved. Anyway, all of you start with 10/10 health since you all ate. Also, most of you brought weapons, which will help. You're powers aren't restricted. You can use them in any way that's realistic.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:23:28 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 12:28:43 am »

Wait are we all up there? If not,
Search for a good makeshift weapon

If so, then

Camoflage and scan the area quickly for something to attack with

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2012, 12:30:05 am »

Charge!!!  Aim for its torso and wings, using my metal tube-thing. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2012, 01:00:55 am »

Attack the fly's eyes.
In the back of my mind, start envisioning some sort of ladder or pole we could climb to get to the ceiling once we've killed this thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2012, 01:07:58 am »

Rip its wings off!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 01:15:38 am »

Oh crap, I feel bad for posting 5 pages later.
Check my file.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2012, 01:34:33 am »

Yeah, you're all already on the roof. All of you were needed to reach the high ceiling.

Gob silently steps back behind the Evolved, camouflaging himself in the dust and sand. You spot another corpse of what looks like a mechanic. He has a hammer and a few screw-drivers.

Meanwhile, Nix, Lowell and Allan charge towards the fly-beast. Nix lunges, rolling a 2 (using Wizards of the Coast's Dice Roller.) with a modifier of +2 from his metal tube and +1 from being in full health. The fly's chitin required a 4 to hurt (3+1+1) so you break torso's armour, exposing and bruising the weak, soft, flesh.
   The wings needed 6 to hit and you roll 4 plus your tube and health bonus. The wings are smashed and with the help of Allan, who rolls 6 plus all his bonuses were 9. The weakened wings needed 2 (5+ -3) and Allan slices them off with his knife, causing the back to bleed heavily.

Lowell charges at the screaming fly, and jumps, landing on the fly's chest and knocking him down. He uses his self-made blade to gouge out the fly's eyes, Lowell rolled 3+2+3 and the eye's needed at least 1 to hit. The fly is now in extreme pain and can no longer fly nor see.

The fly lashes around with his claw-blades, needing a 6 or more due to being blind but rolls a 2. All he manages to do is be knocked down by his own uncontrolled flailing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I didn't post your health's since you didn't get hurt. To Firelordsky, it's fine. Don't worry, you're character took you're file when he climbed up. I had to control the others who didn't post. You should probably read after the fly is dead.
Dying of laughter?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2012, 01:36:28 am »

If he has a toolbelt, then grab it and stuff the screwdrivers in it and wield the hammer. If not, wield the hammer. Swing for the soft exposed torso.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 01:38:20 am by Pufferfish »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2012, 01:59:37 am »

Noctis teleports to the mechanic body and take one screw-driver and stabs the fly's underbelly with the screw-driver.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2012, 02:15:15 am »

Gob takes the hammer, then charges to the fly. He rams at the fly and knocks him down. He then swings with the hammer at the exposed flesh, which needs 2. He rolls 4+2+1 and smashes the flesh, splattering it all apart and break it's lungs.

Meanwhile, Noctis disappears in flames only to reappear next to the mechanic. He takes the remaining screw driver and teleports to the fly and stabs the underbelly, who needs a 4 to hit. Noctis rolls 7, (4+2+1) and tears the intestines which spills out. It reveals the remains of his previous victim (I know flies dissolve their food from the outside, but this guy's a mutant soooo...), some sharpened bones and a knife.

The fly slowly dies, collapsing to the floor due to hemorrhaging and suffocation, his guts and blood everywhere. His carapace might be useful as a shield or armour if someone knew how to fashion the chitin into shapes. If you don't, the camps might seem to have someone who sells armour or be able to make use of the fly carapace.   

(You can fashion the armour without skills but it'll be pretty bad and not as tough if done by someone with more experience in this. This is what I meant in the beginning about your old profession.)
Dying of laughter?

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2012, 02:21:30 am »

Maybe the Outdoor Survival skill can be used to craft that armor.
Noctis takes the knife and sharpened bones, and reads his file.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2012, 02:51:29 am »

Yeah, I think the Outdoor survival should be able to do that and maybe the guy with the Surgeon skill can dissect the body for food and weapons. I'll wait for them to post what they want to do. Meanwhile,

Noctis picks up his file, the knife and bones from the ground . He opens the file and reads the Doctor's report.

It reads:
                                   Noctis. Yes, that's the name he wanted. Many, many people want to do many, many things. But, sadly, time is like a speed limit on the road to success. He came walking into the application room and signed out the form as fast as he could.
                                   After a week, my men felt heat emanating from his capsule. On closer inspection, it appeared that Noctis was moving so fast, almost like teleporting, that his mere movement caused great amounts of heat. That explains the fire that appears to consume his body. Fascinating, simply fascinating.
                                                                                                -Doc
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:32:28 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8