Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!  (Read 19733 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!
« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2012, 09:41:37 am »

((Then Sean will be knocking you out when you endanger us all by being all possessive. The aliens are in fact a form of artificial life, created by some dead race. It's fair to assume they have pretty fast ships.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2012, 09:43:21 am »

(( He will try :), but for now we have no need to mess with them systems. ))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2012, 09:47:31 am »

((I don't think you understand the IC situation. We just fought off a presumably non-sentient alien race with heavy casualties, and now a sentient one has declared itself hostile. We need to get the hell out of here ASAP. I'm this close to using my Give Her All She's Got ability. And remember: the Captain has that to the brig ability which he can use on you at any time.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2012, 09:51:16 am »

(( Captain ain't you and one other issue, we have 2 out of 5 of you wounded and I'm the only medic. The captain will lose his leg or at the very least never walk without a limp let alone run without surgery, we have a man who's barely conscious and missing an arm. You need me out and about.
Plus we have other systems that can be powered down besides life support.
Lots of them. ))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2012, 10:01:13 am »

((Then give me ideas.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2012, 10:04:17 am »

((Transporters are the only one not mentioned yet, I think. So not "lots of them". But you can take away power from that and spare the life support systems, since it seems to be a really contested point. And I'm not sure that the engines really need power from three different sources. Couldn't hurt, sure, but also probably not entirely necessary.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2012, 10:06:45 am »

(( I was thinking systems not listed as well.

Lights, elevators, laboratory, food storage, all those small little systems that serve no purpose at the moment. Combine the power from the multitude of minor systems on board the ship and it adds up. ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2012, 06:26:35 pm »

Heads up- I'm having PC issues so my posting will be less than stellar.

And I have no opinion at this time on where to move things around, but cutting off gravity will result in some pretty sweet blood splatters whereever I go.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2012, 10:27:38 pm »

Turn 14: MORE POWER!

Simon Tallage, and Dr Leon S Malard.

"Ughh... what the hell is going on?  Oh God, my arm!  Medic!"

Search for a medic to ensure I won't die from my injury.
"Simon come with me to the med bay we better see about fixing you up a bit, how would you feel about an alien arm? It'd be a great conversation starter....."

"As for you two, I swear to Budah, one more word and I'm going to build a cybernetic foot thats only purpose in life is to imbed itself in your mouth 30 times a minute!!!! Now shut the hell up and get to work."

Assist Simon to the med bay, support him on the side that still has an arm, take a DNA sample and using his medical records ( We did do medical records before leaving right? ) grow him a new arm.

(( Do I have a cloning bank or something to grow him a new arm? Or some Pre made cybernetic or robotic limbs each with different properties?
Also what kind of storage tanks are they in the med bay? Just a chemical tank to preserve limbs or could I put a living being in it to preserve him if he's going to die and I can't save him at the time? ))
Simon come with me to the med bay we better see about fixing you up a bit, how would you feel
about an alien arm? It'd be a great conversation starter" " Oh god, please no," Simon grumbled.
"I could give you that big purple aliens arm, it would look so cool! Then I add lasers, rocket launchers,
A FLAMETHROWER, IT WILL BE BAD ASS!" "Leon, if you try that the first thing I will do is burn you
to death with said flamethrower." "Fine, if you want to take away all my fun, I could just give you
a boring human arm." "That would be perfect." Leon then pulled out a syringe. "I will need to take
a blood sample, would you please hold out your left arm?" "Fuck you Leon." "Hey, don't get all hot, and
bothered, I was just joking around. Now, I really do need a blood sample, this will hurt a lot."
Leon then stabbed Simon's right arm with the syringe, and took some blood. "It will take a day or so
for your new arm to grow to full size. Be careful until then." Leon then left Simon, and walked to the
bio storage tanks, to begin the cloning process.

Sean O'Driscoll, Amy Stanton, Stanislaw Chuzhinsky

"Well. I'm just going to arm all of our weapons here and if you want to give the order to fire, I've got my finger on the button," Amy offered.
"Oh crap. We should get out of here, right?"

"Ayup. I don't think we're in any shape to fight now."

Pilot the ship out of engagement range. Any engagement range, especially long-range.
"Gotcha."

>Transfer power from other systems to shields/engines. USE ABILITY.
"Shit, they are powering their weapons! I am getting us the hell out of here." Stan was about to turn
on the warp drive, but he was stopped by a flashing warning on his console."FUCKING SHIT BAGS!"
"What is it now Stanislaw, why are we not moving?" "They have us in a fucking tracker beam, and
I don't have nearly enough power to pull away from it. Sean punched the wall in frustration.   
"Damn it, we can't stay here any longer. I will try to take power from other systems and give it to
the engines, Amy, why don't you give them a taste of our laser canon?" Amy smiled. "It would be
my pleasure."

Sean ran over to the communications console, and transferred power from it to the engines.
Meanwhile, Amy fired the laser canon at the alien ship. ( Weapon Use Roll: 5 +1 vs Piloting Roll: 2 +1 )
( Shields Roll: 5 +1 ) The laser hit, but was deflected by the children's powerful shields. "Fuck, hey
Sean, where  the hell is the captain?"

(The communications console is now at low power, you can not hail other ships. )

Johann von Moltke

"You think you are bad, don't you? Staring at me like that, I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT YOU BASTARD!"
Johann fired more laser blasts at the dead alien. ( Weapon use Roll: 1 +2 ) He missed it.

The Children of the Urtell

They fired a gigantic plasma blast at the Imperial Unicorn.
( Weapon use Roll: 3 +1 vs  Piloting Roll: 1 +2 ) ( Shields Roll: 5 +1 from plasma resistance. )
The shields absorbed the plasmas impacted.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »

Switch off navigation and pump that power into engines.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »

Amy continued to fire at the alien ship, trusting the auto-targeting to do its thing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 29, 2012, 10:40:22 pm »

Simon groaned as he heard the exchange of cannon fire.  This mission was turning out even worse than he had first thought, and his arm wasn't the half of it.  He'd have gladly traded his arm for peace, but for this?  Ugh.

The least he could do was get back to his station.

Get to the bridge and scan the other ship.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2012, 10:46:43 pm »

Switch off navigation and pump that power into engines.

You know navigation  controls the ship movement, as in piloting rolls. It is also used to start the
warp drive, and tell the ship where to warp too. Are you sure you want to take power from it? You
can still warp as long as it has some power, but not if you take all of it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2012, 10:53:49 pm »

((D'oh.))

Take power any and all non-essential systems and put them into engines.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2012, 11:36:52 pm »

((Non-essential is pretty vague.))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20