Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!  (Read 19715 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Random Frontier: A RTD Space Exploration Game!
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2012, 11:40:07 pm »

((Whatever.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2012, 01:36:48 am »

(( Drain the transporters. ))

Hand Simon some painkillers then drag an alien body down here and examine it's body. ( Organic Research )

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2012, 01:59:37 am »

Return to my captain's chair and sit down, attempting to look awesome to raise the spirits of the crew

"All power to weapons, shields, keep navigation constant, lower engines slightly, and lower warp core slightly. We probably can't outrun this thing anyway"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2012, 04:47:14 am »

""Well, looks like it's more shooting aliens for you guys. Sorry 'bout that!"

Evasive maneuvers!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2012, 05:06:44 am »

"S'what I'm here for Stan," Amy said absently as she manipulated the gunnery controls.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2012, 09:04:12 am »

Turn 15: The fight is on!

Sean O'Driscoll

((D'oh.))

Take power any and all non-essential systems and put them into engines.

( Dexterity Roll: 2 -1 ) Sean tried to sneak into the med bay, and use the life support console to turn
off gravity so the engines would have more power. But he just ended up tripping on a pool of blood
the doctor did not bother to clean up. ( Endurance Roll: 3 ) He landed with a loud crash, bloodying
his noise on the hard floor. "What the hell, get the fuck out Sean! You are not touching my console."
Sean pinched his bloody noise, then ran out the room, his clothes now stained red.

Dr Leon S Malard

(( Drain the transporters. ))

Hand Simon some painkillers then drag an alien body down here and examine it's body. ( Organic Research )
Leon handed Simon a bottle of pain killers. "Take these three times a day, do not take them with
alcohol, and all that other bullshit. That will be all you can go now." Simon nodded, garbed the pills,
and then left the med bay. "Now it is time to have some fun!" With a bit of effort, Leon dragged a
stingspider alien up too the med bay. He then pulled out a very big knife, and began to dissect its body.

( This alien has a strange circulatory system, it seems that it can breath the clouds gas, and store it
in its body for later use. The aliens cells multiply much faster then humans, this lets it heal at a very
fast rate. It produces a powerful acid that it can spit with a high level of force. It can expel gas
to move it  through space. You will need to use organic Research again, this time on its DNA sample
if you want to know its genetic makeup. You can then do a medical check if you want to make new
technologies out of the alien. Please be specific on what you want to invent. The more powerful, and
complex the technology, the harder it will be. )

Simon Tallage

Simon groaned as he heard the exchange of cannon fire.  This mission was turning out even worse than he had first thought, and his arm wasn't the half of it.  He'd have gladly traded his arm for peace, but for this?  Ugh.

The least he could do was get back to his station.

Get to the bridge and scan the other ship.

Simon sat down on the chair by his console, it was time to figure out what they were dealing with.
The console scanned the enemy ship, and the results popped up on his screen.

Ship type: Unknown Class: Frigate

Weapon type: Unknown Class: plasma

Weapon type: Unknown Class: ballistic

Weapon type: Unknown Class: Unknown

Shield type: Unknown

Engine type: Unknown

Shield power: Full

Hull integrity: Undamaged

Life forms: 8 Unknown life forms detected.

Johann von Moltke, Amy Stanton, and Stanislaw Chuzhinsky

Amy continued to fire at the alien ship, trusting the auto-targeting to do its thing.
Return to my captain's chair and sit down, attempting to look awesome to raise the spirits of the crew

"All power to weapons, shields, keep navigation constant, lower engines slightly, and lower warp core slightly. We probably can't outrun this thing anyway"
""Well, looks like it's more shooting aliens for you guys. Sorry 'bout that!"

Evasive maneuvers!
The captain took a seat at his chair. "Were have you been cap, taking a shit? We have been
waiting for you!" Said Amy. " Never mind what I was doing, just keep firing at that ship! And someone
tell Sean to stop giving the engines power, and give it the shields and weapons."

Amy blasted the canon. ( Weapon Use Roll: 5 +1 +1 vs Piloting Roll: 6 +1 ) The alien ship moved out
of the way just in the nick of time.

The Children of the Urtell

A huge gun raised out of the top of there ship. Out of it came hundreds of bullets, each the size of
a man. ( Weapon Use Roll: 1 +1 vs Piloting Roll: 1 +2 +1 ) Stanislaw easily dodged the rain of lead.

The alien computers have memorized Stan's movement patterns. ( A extra +1 on Weapon use rolls for
The Children of the Urtell as long as Stanislaw is piloting. )

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2012, 09:12:15 am »

Change my movement pattern to Plan Flying Monkeys On Fire, the nature of which is to completely change my movement patterns and fly as erratically as possible.

"Hey, Simon, buddy, can you scan for any weaknesses in those guys' defenses?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2012, 09:45:44 am »

Scan it's DNA then look into making a vacine from it's cells to improve human beings ability to heal.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2012, 10:30:48 am »

Simon sighed.  "Alrighty."

Scan for weaknesses in the ship.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2012, 11:11:19 am »

"Fuck, those shields are pissing me off," Amy muttered to herself, aiming at their shielding system for her next shot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2012, 11:10:24 pm »

((I may not be available for the next 3-4 days. The captain can command me as he sees fit.))

Take power from the engines and put it into weapons.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:08 pm »

"Good work Crew, keep up the fire. We'll be just fine, just you watch."

Attempt to calm the crew's nerves

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2012, 01:31:48 am »

Turn 16: Intruder alert!

Stanislaw Chuzhinsky

Change my movement pattern to Plan Flying Monkeys On Fire, the nature of which is to completely change my movement patterns and fly as erratically as possible.

"Hey, Simon, buddy, can you scan for any weaknesses in those guys' defenses?"

Stan changed his movement pattern to Plan Flying Monkeys On Fire. ( Piloting Roll: 2 +2 +1 )
It involved him flying in seemingly random directions, but it was really a well thought out combat
maneuver that makes it almost imposable for the enemy to tell where he will go next, really.
( The aliens no longer have the +1 to weapons when Stanislaw is Piloting. )

Dr Leon S Malard

After using the med bay computer to scan the creatures DNA, so he could learn its genetic makeup,
Leon began his make his insane invention. "Mad they called me, MAD. The other so called doctors said
that a vaccine that cured death itself was imposable. They said I was playing God. Well I will show
them who is a God, I WILL SHOW THEM ALL. ( Medical Roll: hidden ) I just need to test it
on someone first."

Amy Stanton

"Fuck, those shields are pissing me off," Amy muttered to herself, aiming at their shielding system for her next shot.
"That's it, I am taking those motherfucking shields down!" Snarled Amy.
( Weapon Use Roll: 4 +1 +1 -1 vs Piloting Roll: 6 +1 ) "DAMN IT!"

Sean O'Driscoll

((I may not be available for the next 3-4 days. The captain can command me as he sees fit.))

Take power from the engines and put it into weapons.

Sean undid all his hard work. :'( ( +1 to weapon rolls. )

Johann von Moltke

"Good work Crew, keep up the fire. We'll be just fine, just you watch."

Attempt to calm the crew's nerves
( Charisma Roll: 3 ) The caption stood up, and placed one foot on his chairs arm rest. "MEN, THEY
MAY TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!" "Ya, caption that was a sweet
movie, but now is not the time, or the place." Stan said.

Simon Tallage

Simon sighed.  "Alrighty."

Scan for weaknesses in the ship.

"hmm, the ship has large gaps in the hull that are filled with organic mass. We could burn through
that with plasma torpedoes, if we just got past the shields. Well, at least they can't get
through ours ether."

The Children of the Urtell

A shuttle launched from there ship, It headed straight to the Unicorn.
( Piloting Roll: 4 +1 vs Piloting Roll: 1 +2 +1 ) It past through the shields and landed in the hanger.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 31, 2012, 01:44:28 am »

Await Captains orders.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2012, 01:55:45 am »

Amy decided to go for the bridge first instead to see if she could take out their pilot.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20