Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89537 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - An accident
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2013, 07:29:35 am »

Leafsnail: Would you accept a tiebreaker vote from a different forum account, provided they could prove that they were on the scum team?
Yeah, but considering you can just hide your online status I don't really see the point.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2013, 07:42:25 am »

Zoom: Welcome! Mind explaining what you hope to gain from those questions? Also, have you played a game of forum Mafia before?
Thanks!
The questions are just the warm-ups to know the people better.And maybe inducing them in a confusion state.I have no idea.
I did play 2-3 games of mafia on another forum.I remember one mafia game that we won by doing nothing as the Mafia and just seeing the town accuse other town.

Captain Ford-There have been many discussions that I won't repost.But yes.I think you should meet the noose.
                                           Heres a good question for you.Do you like vanilla or chocolate icecream more?
Vanilla.

Which flavor do you prefer?
I'd have to say Vanilla too.Maybe fruit icecream could second that.

TheZoomZoll, welcome to the game! Do you think Edosurist's previous votes were all well-placed? i.e. do you find Phantom (now Hapah) and myself to be more suspicious than average?
Quote from: TheZoomZoll
Thanks!
I can't judge the votes so far so I will say yes.
As for the suspicious part....I am not quite sure about it yet.

How does this help you with anything, and why would you FoS me for such?
Just getting to know you better.As a person,that is.
Or maybe I am trying to confuse you by asking random questions?
Hmmmm...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:33 am »

Zoom: Welcome! Mind explaining what you hope to gain from those questions? Also, have you played a game of forum Mafia before?
Thanks!
The questions are just the warm-ups to know the people better.And maybe inducing them in a confusion state.I have no idea.
I did play 2-3 games of mafia on another forum.I remember one mafia game that we won by doing nothing as the Mafia and just seeing the town accuse other town.

How does this help you with anything, and why would you FoS me for such?
Just getting to know you better.As a person,that is.
Or maybe I am trying to confuse you by asking random questions?
Hmmmm...

Why would you want to cause confusion and WIFOM? Are you trying to confuse the mason in order for one of them slip so you can go for the kill? Are you scum?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2013, 10:48:36 am »

Why would you want to cause confusion and WIFOM? Are you trying to confuse the mason in order for one of them slip so you can go for the kill? Are you scum?
I don't even know who the mason is.
What if there are more than 1 masons?
Why are you suggesting there is only 1?Are you the terrorist?Do you know something?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 07, 2013, 10:55:21 am »

I meant the masons, sorry for the typo.

Either way, you decided to answer my question with more WIFOM-y shit. Way to go.

Tell me, why shouldn't we lynch you for being useless to the game, TheZoomZoll?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:55 am »

Zoom: Read the OP for rules (oh god please tell me you've read the OP and at least part of the thread).

DS: You've got a question below (and I vaguely recall you wanting to be addressed in some particular way. Is DS alright?)

Zoom and DS: Focus, please. There's not much time before the lynch.

Leaf: Thank you! Shows what I know, lol.

I guess we've got something like 12 hours left?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2013, 11:10:23 am »

DS: You've got a question below (and I vaguely recall you wanting to be addressed in some particular way. Is DS alright?)
Assuming this:
DS: Do you still hold that Ford must be scum? I for one think that he's one of the flavors of town, and that lynching Tolyk over Ford was a great move: look at how much attention he got at the start of D2. The resulting shitstorm seems to have taken up most of the day.
is what you are referring to, the answer to that would be yes, I still think him to be scum. He chainsawed to defend NQT and repeatedly stated he believes NQT to be town, despite little to no interaction with him. I find that to be quite suspicious, as is NQT's defence of him.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2013, 11:10:51 am »

Tell me, why shouldn't we lynch you for being useless to the game, TheZoomZoll?
Do go ahead if you want.
Maybe you just found an excuse to lynch somebody as a mafia?

Zoom: Read the OP for rules (oh god please tell me you've read the OP and at least part of the thread).
Zoom and DS: Focus, please. There's not much time before the lynch.
I have read the rules and have made some research on the Mafia on general just to see if anything changed from what I knew.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page
But if we don't lynch somebody the game will go on for an infinite amount of time.
Hence no night time and all.And that wouldn't be fun.
Did I get the wrong category though?
I think I pressed on Forum Games and then Mafia not: STARCRAFT21337ELITEGAMESSUPERMLGLEAGUEFORETERNALSUPREMEAMAZINGSTUFFNOFUNINTENDEDPLAYATOWNRISKMAYSEVERYOURRELATIONSWITHPEOPLEPLAYING

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2013, 11:23:35 am »

-snip-
I don't even know who the mason is.
What if there are more than 1 masons?
Why are you suggesting there is only 1?Are you the terrorist?Do you know something?

Quote from: The OP
This game is a 13 player open setup: Masons and Mafia.

The roles in this game are as follows.
4 mafia members
4 masons
5 townies

The OP says there are definitely 4 Masons (3 now, one died)

And yes, we have to lynch. But I think that the current lynch candidate (Captain Ford) is probably not scum. I laid out my thoughts, and I would like to hear yours. And considering the lynch is in about eight hours (I think?), I'm asking you to focus.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 07, 2013, 11:35:16 am »

PFP

Wait, we've got another day, I think. My bad.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2013, 12:15:14 pm »

There's about 1 day and 7 hours until deadline.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2013, 12:21:40 pm »

ZoomZoll: please outline your reasons for thinking Ford is scummy.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - Two replacements needed!
« Reply #342 on: February 07, 2013, 12:29:22 pm »

Ford:
Toaster:
Ford:
That's retarded. Either it's valid or it's not. Using it against me only is complete bullshit.

Why don't you try reading my posts?

Captain Ford fits both those criteria.
How does that change anything? You're still making a case that it's valid for me, and not for anyone else. And now you're just trying to obfuscate it.

Me making the tie is a terrible argument considering the confusion over the deadline. Leafsnail made a mistake on one of the votecounts, and then didn't do anything for four days. I had no clue when the deadline was until I looked it up on Thursday, then I realized it was that day, and made a post urging someone to break the tie -- which is when Leafsnail revealed that it had ended a day earlier.

I didn't even realize there was a tie until the next day. And nobody else did either until I pointed it out 24 hours later. At which point, I called for somebody else to break the tie. It's really sad that you're pinning the responsibility on me when you timed your vote change the same way.

And no matter how hard I try, I just can't feel sorry for tying up my own lynch. What fucked up world do you live in where it's the responsibility of the lynchee to make sure he dies?

All we have to go on the deadline factor is your word on it, something I am far from willing to take at this point.  You getting all hot and bothered by my case on you when you're plenty calm otherwise is another point not in your favor.

NQT:
Just from the numbers alone, given some assumptions about what each kind of team's voting would look like (and I might be wrong), I'd say Ford is low scummy. He's received eleven votes from five people. Assuming scum and masons will tend not to vote for their team mates, we can expect town members to receive votes from the widest range of people. His number of people that have voted against him are above the game average of 3.75. From this I'd say he's least likely to be mason and (given that scummy looking players may receive lots of votes) he's as likely town as scum, and as there's much more town than scum, he'd most likely town. That's just from the vote numbers though, and we'd obviously have to look at what people say before coming to a firmer judgement.

This is actually a fairly novel idea in looking at vote records, but I'm not convinced of its validity.  I'd really have to see the numbers at game end to see if they bear out.

Unvote

I'm not sure who's the scummiest. I've got a few candidates:

obolisk0430
Deathsword

If you're not sure, how did you choose which one to vote as opposed to FoS?

If someone is likely town, why lynch them ever?
Well that's my thought, but on numbers alone, any given person is more likely than not a friend and Ford (who's on track to be killed) is not much more scummy than many other players. The best that can be hoped for his death (bar the unlikely event of him flipping scum) is a possible read on the alignment of those targeting him.

And this is why you can't play on numbers alone.

I'm positive vote numbers are the way forward, not the stuff people make up in the thread. You can lie more easily in words than in lynch votes.

Problem is you discount busses and distancing attempts.  I've seen some pretty glorious distancing in past games.

TheZoomZoll:
Toaster-Hmm.Let's see.
                   Shoot one,stab one,burn one:NQT,Deathsword,Dariush

Perhaps you should consider what the traditional use of the blue text actually is?  In any case, between NQT and Deathsword it doesn't matter, but certainly burn Dariush, because we want to be sure.

Deathsword:
For the entirety of this game you keep insisting Ford is town. How can you know? And don't bring "oh it's because I played with him before and meta" because that can be faked.

Are you reading his posts?  He's said his argument on Ford's towniness several times, and I think it's pretty clear.

Toaster
Not only did Ford make the tie, but he did it 30 minutes prior to the deadline.  If that's not a scum move, I don't know what is.  Minor FoS goes out to Zombie Urist for not breaking it.
Even if he did tie up the vote on purpose (which is open to debate, considering the slack deadline with resulting rewind), what's wrong with that? If it had been someone else tying the vote I could see where you are coming from, but someone casting a vote so that they maybe don't die doesn't seem like a bad thing.

Also, any reason you didn't pull your vote?

Hm.  I suppose that does make sense, though I'm not willing to unvote him just yet.

And I didn't pull my vote because I didn't post between his tiemaker vote and day end.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 07, 2013, 12:44:30 pm »

PFP

Toaster: Apologies for being unclear. I mean why didn't you back off your Ford vote when I asked for someone to pull their vote, since we were (and still are) at L-1. You got singled out because you were the only one of the five online and posting at the time (that I saw, anyway).

Also, could you lay out your major points against Ford again?

(P.S. what Planetside 2 server/faction are you?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 07, 2013, 12:51:54 pm »

PFP

Owe this a post.

Mind fuzzy.

After midterms.

Argh.

Unvote

@Zoom: Forgot to say, welcome to Bay12 Mafia!
@Hapah: Welcome back! :P

Current reads as of probably a few pages (~3) back on normal forum format:
Dariush - null
Phantom of The Library Hapah - slightly town
Captain Ford - null
Edosurist TheZoomZoll - leaning town
Deathsword - null, leaning town
notquitethere
zombie urist - leaning town
Toaster - null
obolisk0430 - null

3 Mason
5 Town
2 Mafia

Note: Null - probably scummy or not. Can't think at the moment when. Don't bother asking me to explain it, I will when I get the chance.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40