Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89281 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (11/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2013, 07:42:34 am »

Votecount (6 votes to lynch):
Dariush:
Tiruin:
Phantom of The Library: Edosurist (1)
Captain Ford: Dariush, Deathsword (2)
TolyK:
Edosurist: Tiruin (1)
Deathsword: notquitethere (1)
notquitethere: zombie urist, Toaster (2)
zombie urist:
Toaster:
obolisk0430:

Not voting: Phantom of The Library, Captain Ford, TolyK, obolisk0430 (4)
I think more than NQT are voting DS right there.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2013, 07:45:58 am »

Yeah obolisk is too, any other votes would be reset by the kill.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2013, 12:22:16 pm »

Tiruin:
Ford
Is your logical system of tracking scum based on their vote pattern? It really looks muchly like it, as it seems you keep on pointing back onto the patterns in relation to those who've flipped scum.
Ah, sort of?

They're at least a method of exerting pressure and performing an investigation. I honestly don't know how good of a link it really is. Thus why I said I wanted other people's opinions.

But the votes are meaningless outside of the context of what was being said and done. Imiknorris's vote was a random vote, so I can't conclude anything from it at all. Except that if it was truly random, it's unlikely that it was pointed at an ally (3 out of 12). Nerjin's vote, on the other hand, was very low pressure, and he unvoted soon afterwards. It could be that he was being gentle on an ally that he saw as likely to panic and give his team away. It's also possible he was doing it as a way to advise his ally to stop doing that. (Given how low pressure it was, it actually makes a lot of sense ... I just got a little more suspicious of NQT)

The only thing I can be sure of is that Nerjin did it to make it look like he was scumhunting.

As this seems like a metatell to me, other then you saying you're pretty sure. Seeing your past posts, you're seeing it from attitude derived from the BM...
Somewhat. The BM helped me get used to him, but it's mostly the fact that we seem to have a similar sense of humor. Seeing he has a postgraduate, I think that puts us in the same age group, too. I think we're just similar people, and that makes it much easier for me to understand him.

...on the other hand, I have the hardest time in the world trying to understand you, Tiruin. >_>

Lastly, I'm curious about your read on DS.
Zombie Urist:
Captain Ford: What is your read on NQT?
I think I handled that.

Huuuh? You think DS's argument is bad but you see his point of view? This section is filled with contradictions.
It is not a contradiction in the least. Seeing someone's point of view doesn't mean I agree with it.

I think his argument is bad, but I don't think he thinks it's bad. I think he honestly believes he has something, and while I think he's wrong, I don't think he's malicious.
Ok, you see it from his probable viewpoint - that nobody would state what they think is utter trash and believes that it is reasonable, but...how did it shift from getting your vote, into the non-malevolent area? As in, the motives behind it?
I took a look at what DeathSword was saying about NQT, and then starting reading NQT's posts carefully, looking for what he was describing. I eventually noticed some things in NQT's posts I hadn't before, and realized that DS wasn't just imagining things.

I only ever pressured DS to find out what the hell he was doing. Now that I've got it figured out, I'm done with him for now.

Deathsword:
Ford
Which leads me to the question, why are you going to such an effort to protect him?
Shouldn't I try to protect any townie from scum?

But in all seriousness, -snip-
How can you bee so sure of his alignment?
I'm not?

I followed that up with "But in all seriousness". I expanded your quote to reflect that.

It was a general statement about mafia strategy. I followed it up by explaining my real reasons in detail. I can see you're quoting it out of context in an attempt to make it look like I was claiming to know NQT's alignment, which isn't true.

All this statement means is that I saw you as more scummy, so I attacked you instead of him. Considering that you were on a bandwagon with two scum, I think it is very hard for you to claim that you didn't look scummy.

And there is absolutely no chance of Nerjin being oportunistic scum trying to ride on my case?
That's absolutely what he was doing. Since the flip of Imiknorris, I think this link got a lot weaker. I find it extremely improbable that three scum would bandwagon on the same target. Of course, that could explain why the other two distanced themselves from it so quickly.

It was not "just a joke". It was not a serious claim, but I was making a serious point.
Here you claim your "I am a mason" wasn't a joke. Which you repeated quite a bit. Instead you claim you were making a serious point. Tell me, what point would that be.
I did no such thing. I never claimed it wasn't a joke. It was indeed a joke.

"not just a joke" does not equal "not a joke". Do you understand the difference?

Now, you may be wondering why I voted you, and not NQT. That's because I realized something. See, I had never played a game with NQT before, or read the ongoing BM. So when NQT started acting friendly (something rare in a mafia game) towards me (and others), I mistook it for a buddying attempt, rather than what it truly was: he was, quite simply, an eager new player that wanted to play what he thought to be a good game. Then, I attacked him and started building a case on him, while he tried to defend himself. Then came you. The heroic Captain Ford, completely sure of NQT's alignment and personality, ready to defend him from the evil Deathsword.

Of course you know NQT isn't scum. That is because you are, and you know your team. You saw my attacks on NQT as an opportunity. An opportunity to turn my own arguments against me and drive a lynch on me. It was actually a good plan, I'll admit. Not only that, but by defending NQT, you gain his trust, further encouraging him to support my lynch. Then comes lazy lurker obolisk, and instead of giving reads on players or at least trying to find evidence, merely parrots what others have said. I guess had I kept on believing that NQT was the real danger you would have voted me and tried to drive a lynch on me, maybe even attempt to convice enough people to hammer.

Time to die, Captain Scum.
Actually, you're the one who gave me doubts about NQT. I pressured you to get you to explain your case, because I couldn't see what you were seeing. Now I can see what you saw, and I understand your reasons.

I think your reasons were justified, and I don't think you're scum. At least, I don't think the case you were pushing makes you scummy.

Also, you're putting words in my mouth. At no point in my argument with you did I claim to know NQT's alignment. I only ever said "I can tell he's not panicking", and "he wasn't buddying you". I never claimed to know his alignment.

NQT is still quite possibly scum. I don't happen to think he is.

Also, on further rereading, Obolisk's reasoning on his vote actually looks pretty original. I haven't said anything like that, and neither has NQT. And I certainly didn't say anything like this:

Also, he just did the exact same thing the last two scum did before they tried to mk a mason.

Obolisk: I'd like to hear you elaborate more on this.

Also, a head's up. I'm going to busy the rest of today and the entire weekend. I won't be available again until monday, probably.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2013, 08:46:45 pm »

Sorry guys, but
I'll be gone until1/27
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2013, 01:05:59 am »

Sorry I'm being a lazy sack of crap.  I'll have a proper post tomorrow.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (13/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2013, 01:42:09 pm »

So, as far as me saying that Darksword had just done what the last two mafia had done, I present this...
Unvote I just did a primary re-read and something has stuck out to me. I'll post later when I'm positive.
And this.
Bluh bluh post tomorrow.
At the time I posted that, the last thing that DS had posted was this:
Am sick, and feel like shit. I'll post tomorrow.
So, that's what I ment by that.  Similarities in actions.
Now, beyond that, we have this at the start of the game.
Also,
Deathsword: How would you pretend not to be scum?
...He's your buddy, isn't he?
Yep, and this is a transparent plea for advice given the ban on private messaging. So scumbuddy Deathsword, help me out here! In all seriousness, the more advice on scumhunting we can share, the less likely we are to lynch the wrong person. On that note, how would you Captain Ford pretend to be scum?
Followed up with this.
By not being scum.

More seriously, however: scum should act as they do in most games, which means they should act like town. I doubt the lack of a team-chat will change the scum's behaviour when it comes to this.
-snop-
NQT: Are you going to keep asking the same question to more than one player, or are you going to try and make some original ones? Also, nice attempt to buddy up to me, scum.
-snop-
What we have here, is NQT making a joke.  Deathsword then uses the joke as being completely serious.  He then twists the joke in a way that doesn't even make sense. (See: definition of scumbuddies vs definition of buddying).  To top it off, right before accusing NQT of making a joke, DS makes his own joke in the EXACT SAME WAY. (see, underlined italics, put in by me).

Either DS flipped out and tried to distance himself from anything that even vaugly resembled a tie to him being scum, or he tried to twist NQT's words to create an easier target.  Either way, he looks like scum to me.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

That makes no sense. Dariush also said he was busy and would post later and so did Toaster and so did I.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (13/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2013, 03:09:59 pm »

Obolisk:
So, that's what I ment by that.  Similarities in actions.
This is just incredible bullshit. You yourself said that you'll post later.

Scum Ford, stop ignoring me.

NQT:
Would certainly save us some work. Though we still have to be vigilant, as there's a much greater chance of mislynches from here on in. Question: are you always so aggressive in your posts, Dariush? Or am I misreading your tone?
Your attempts at being reactively passive-agressive are hilarious. Yes, I am also so agressive. Now, pray tell me: was your FoS solely caused by my remark, with which you immediatly agree, or was it something else which your scummy ass didn't deign to quote?

Tolyk, drag your ass in here.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2013, 09:17:17 pm »

Not only am I realising now that multiple people including me said basically "I'll post later", but DS did post aftewards.  So, whatever.  The rest of my argument still stands.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2013, 10:44:03 pm »

Not only am I realising now that multiple people including me said basically "I'll post later", but DS did post aftewards.  So, whatever.  The rest of my argument still stands.
So how does any of your argument make any sense?

Also, are you quote mining there? DS was apparently talking about what I said, in relation to what he said, which also relates to that one quote regarding the 'buddying' you seem to be basing all of your everything on.

obolisk, why are you even basing things of what the flipped scum did, and what DS is doing 'I'm going to post later'. What kind of plan are you pulling.

Quote from: Sequence of events
Also,
[...]
Also,
Yep, and this is a transparent plea for advice given the ban on private messaging. So scumbuddy Deathsword, help me out here! In all seriousness, the more advice on scumhunting we can share, the less likely we are to lynch the wrong person. On that note, how would you Captain Ford pretend to be scum?[...]
Err, I was expecting a No. And...you're diverting onto Captain Ford?
If you'd prefer I can reply in complete seriousness from now on. To make it absolutely clear: I am not making any sort of claim about anyone, least of all myself. Also, apologies, I meant 'Tiruin', not 'Captain Ford'- no bizarre diversion intended!
NQT: Are you going to keep asking the same question to more than one player, or are you going to try and make some original ones? Also, nice attempt to buddy up to me, scum.

You even reading what just happened?

Tell me, how does that case relate to your other weak accusations on DS?
Unfortunately, I am also pfp.
Deathsword didn't act like someone who had found a scumslip.   He acted like scum trying to get a mislynch.  I can't elaborate well on a phone.
I'he reread the entire thread.  I'm not sure what the scum team is.  However, Deathsword is on it.  His reaction to the apparent buddying day one looks more like paniced distancing than legitimate scum hunting.  Also, he just did the exact same thing the last two scum did before they tried to mk a mason.
And you said you've re-read.

Explain the words highlighted in glowing red letters, please.

Ford
Tiruin:
Ford
Is your logical system of tracking scum based on their vote pattern? It really looks muchly like it, as it seems you keep on pointing back onto the patterns in relation to those who've flipped scum.
Ah, sort of?

They're at least a method of exerting pressure and performing an investigation. I honestly don't know how good of a link it really is. Thus why I said I wanted other people's opinions.

But the votes are meaningless outside of the context of what was being said and done. Imiknorris's vote was a random vote, so I can't conclude anything from it at all. Except that if it was truly random, it's unlikely that it was pointed at an ally (3 out of 12). Nerjin's vote, on the other hand, was very low pressure, and he unvoted soon afterwards. It could be that he was being gentle on an ally that he saw as likely to panic and give his team away. It's also possible he was doing it as a way to advise his ally to stop doing that. (Given how low pressure it was, it actually makes a lot of sense ... I just got a little more suspicious of NQT)

The only thing I can be sure of is that Nerjin did it to make it look like he was scumhunting.

As this seems like a metatell to me, other then you saying you're pretty sure. Seeing your past posts, you're seeing it from attitude derived from the BM...
Somewhat. The BM helped me get used to him, but it's mostly the fact that we seem to have a similar sense of humor. Seeing he has a postgraduate, I think that puts us in the same age group, too. I think we're just similar people, and that makes it much easier for me to understand him.

...on the other hand, I have the hardest time in the world trying to understand you, Tiruin. >_>
[...]
Err, that was what I was pointing at. You seem to be putting off NQT as town because of your experience with him = meta-tell. But seeing as where you're coming at judging from your posts, I believe that you're not on the same team, though I do appreciate you clarifying now.

Also,
NQT is still quite possibly scum. I don't happen to think he is.
So if you've cleared him in your personal viewpoint, but in general see a possible variable for being scum, I believe you're subtly giving a tell on your alignment and his, aye?

Still, this may lead to confusion later on. Could you give your general reads on people? Which means your personal reads, please.

Also, a head's up. I'm going to busy the rest of today and the entire weekend. I won't be available again until monday, probably.
Get well soon!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02:34 am »

So how does any of your argument make any sense?

Also, are you quote mining there? DS was apparently talking about what I said, in relation to what he said, which also relates to that one quote regarding the 'buddying' you seem to be basing all of your everything on.

obolisk, why are you even basing things of what the flipped scum did, and what DS is doing 'I'm going to post later'. What kind of plan are you pulling.

This part of my argument doesn't make sense.  It was late when I posted it.  I have the entire rest of the argument that was below my explenation of this part.  And this wasnt the main reason I'm voting him anyway.

Also,
[...]
Also,
Yep, and this is a transparent plea for advice given the ban on private messaging. So scumbuddy Deathsword, help me out here! In all seriousness, the more advice on scumhunting we can share, the less likely we are to lynch the wrong person. On that note, how would you Captain Ford pretend to be scum?[...]
If you'd prefer I can reply in complete seriousness from now on. To make it absolutely clear: I am not making any sort of claim about anyone, least of all myself. Also, apologies, I meant 'Tiruin', not 'Captain Ford'- no bizarre diversion intended!

Quote mining is taking quotes out of context and stringing them together to make an argument right?  It looks to me like that's what you're doing right here.  I discounted the Captain Ford bit because he said he made a mistake, there's no compelling evidence to lead to either side of that particular argument, and IMO the whole thing is stupid.

It doesn't relate to the other accusation against DS, except that they're both against DS.  Last I checked, you didn't need every accusation against someone to be strung together in some grand way that connected them all with some common thread.  Besides, I retracted the other part of my accusation, because as Dariush pointed out, and as I realised, it was stupid.

Unfortunately, I am also pfp.
Deathsword didn't act like someone who had found a scumslip.   He acted like scum trying to get a mislynch.  I can't elaborate well on a phone.
I'he reread the entire thread.  I'm not sure what the scum team is.  However, Deathsword is on it.  His reaction to the apparent buddying day one looks more like paniced distancing than legitimate scum hunting.  Also, he just did the exact same thing the last two scum did before they tried to mk a mason.

How the crap is that relevent.  What glowing letters?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2013, 11:29:44 am »

Also,
[...]
Also,

Quote mining is taking quotes out of context and stringing them together to make an argument right?

Actually, what I'm pointing out is how wrong your argument is.

What I saw in your reasoning behind DS was 'Similarities in actions.' Which you clarified into your argument.

What I want to know - now that you're focusing more on the matter -  is how you see NQT's statement as a joke.

Everything is 'relevent', sir.

Glowing letters narrowed down to:
Define and explain the bold and underlined.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2013, 11:31:17 am »

EBWOP:

Previous post got [ARGH] due to extra tags.

Fix'd.

Also,
[...]
Also,

Quote mining is taking quotes out of context and stringing them together to make an argument right?

What I saw in your reasoning behind DS was 'Similarities in actions.' Which you clarified into your argument.

What I want to know - now that you're focusing more on the matter -  is how you see NQT's statement as a joke.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2013, 01:07:50 pm »

Dafuq.  I see your glowing words when I look on my phone, but not on my computer.
Also,
[...]
Also,

Perhaps the problem is that we're trying to make different points to eachother.  The joke was this:
Also,
Yep, and this is a transparent plea for advice given the ban on private messaging. So scumbuddy Deathsword, help me out here! In all seriousness, the more advice on scumhunting we can share, the less likely we are to lynch the wrong person. On that note, how would you Captain Ford pretend to be scum?
Underline added by me.  Deathsword accuses NQT of trying to buddy him.  Which is completely stupid.  He then keeps hammering him for it here,
here,
Deathsword
It's efficient to get more than one person's perspective on the same issue, or do you disagree? If you'll look, I've asked everyone at least one question and most of them are different, which is more than can be said for some players.
Copying questions others have asked you in the same game or those you have asked to others is extremely lazy. You may have asked each player a question, but the number of questions matter little if their content is poor, as the usual case with RVS question (as their point is to get the game going). One can type a wall of text and say absolutely nothing at all. And when Tiruin accused you of buddying up to me you were quite quick to deflect it with sarcasm and a repeated question directed at Ford/Tiruin (you claim to have meant to ask Tiruin that, instead of Ford, but I think you are just trying to cover up your slip).

Quote from: NQT
I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my friendly joking with Teruin as an earnest attempt to buddy up. Was that a deliberate twisting of the truth, Deathsword?
No, I do indeed you were trying to buddy up with me, and then when I accused you of that together with a vote you were quick to vote me back. Why so jumpy, scum? Afraid you slipped and didn't cover up properly?
here,
Deathsword
It's efficient to get more than one person's perspective on the same issue, or do you disagree? If you'll look, I've asked everyone at least one question and most of them are different, which is more than can be said for some players.
Copying questions others have asked you in the same game or those you have asked to others is extremely lazy. You may have asked each player a question, but the number of questions matter little if their content is poor, as the usual case with RVS question (as their point is to get the game going). One can type a wall of text and say absolutely nothing at all. And when Tiruin accused you of buddying up to me you were quite quick to deflect it with sarcasm and a repeated question directed at Ford/Tiruin (you claim to have meant to ask Tiruin that, instead of Ford, but I think you are just trying to cover up your slip).

Quote from: NQT
I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my friendly joking with Teruin as an earnest attempt to buddy up. Was that a deliberate twisting of the truth, Deathsword?
No, I do indeed you were trying to buddy up with me, and then when I accused you of that together with a vote you were quick to vote me back. Why so jumpy, scum? Afraid you slipped and didn't cover up properly?
etc. etc. etc.
In all of these, he accuses  NQT of buddying him.  Does NQT's statement look like buddying to you?  Because it doesn't to me.  It looks like a sarcastic quip about the possiblity of him and DS being scum.

How is me saying I re-read relevent?  I want an actual explenation not "It's relevent because everything is relevent herp derp".  What do you think it means?
NQT makes a joke/sarcastic quip in return to you saying he and DS are scumbuddies.  DS accuses him of buddying him with this statement, which is absolutely, demonstrably, wrong.  He then continues to hammer and hammer with a statement that is simply false.  That smells like scum to me.  Keep in mind, as well, scum have to get a myslynch on OVER HALF of the town, because they cant use their mafia-kill on them.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2013, 01:09:43 pm »

Hmmm, maybe I should have spoilered some of that.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40