Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89261 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (12/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2013, 02:41:37 pm »

Ford:  I get this feeling in my gut that you used the vote reset to hop back over to Deathsword and away from ZU, but I don't have anything substantive, sadly.

Let me put it this way:  What now makes Deathsword a better vote candidate than ZU?

NQT:
Everyone
What does Nerjin's death convey?

I get a couple things out of it.  First thought was LOLOLOL.

... or they doxxed themself to be out of the game.

While it's possible he thought his situation (in game or out of game) was getting bad and he just wanted to go out in a blaze of glory, the chances are low enough (and any implication useless) that this possibility can be safely ignored.  Also, this:

I'm a gambler and I like taking risks. What can I say...

Unvote I just did a primary re-read and something has stuck out to me. I'll post later when I'm positive.

Guess we know what stuck out to him!  However, other than this, there was nothing to be gained from his posts/interactions, mainly because there were so few of them.  Only one useful thing came out of it, really:

Well who could Nerjin have targeted being so sure that the target was a mason? My guess: Captain Ford. Nerjin know's Ford's playstyle from the insider position of running a BM with Ford as a prominent player. Maybe Nerjin's read on Ford is that Ford likes to doublebluff, and when they saw Ford claim to be Mason, Nerjin took that to be a doublebluff and sent in the kill request. What do we all think?

I think you're trying to get everyone to speculate publicly on who is town versus who is mason.  You know who is interested in that information?

Scum.

Notquitethere.

Zombie U:
pfp I think you (nqt) and ford are scembuddys.

So why aren't you voting for them?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (13/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2013, 02:42:48 pm »

Notquitethere
They either doxxed a townie or they doxxed themself to be out of the game. Either way they didn't leave a 'bah' message. As Nerjin's an active player and they run the BM let's assume the former.
Well who could Nerjin have targeted being so sure that the target was a mason? My guess: Captain Ford. Nerjin know's Ford's playstyle from the insider position of running a BM with Ford as a prominent player. Maybe Nerjin's read on Ford is that Ford likes to doublebluff, and when they saw Ford claim to be Mason, Nerjin took that to be a doublebluff and sent in the kill request. What do we all think?
There's no way Nerjin would dox himself. Even if he did I doubt LS would let him. Anyways, the second part is all WIFOM. And buddying.
You and Ford have been defending each other quite a bit.

PPE'd Toaster. I was on the phone and it was hard.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2013, 02:59:15 pm »

PFP, didn't notice the votes were reset, so NQT.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »

Not much time to reread everything, but why's everyone suddenly "NQT"? Just don't really want to dig through all of that... >.>
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2013, 04:02:37 pm »

Mine's all in one post, so read it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2013, 04:56:43 pm »

Third man charged with hacking offences, claims to be "one of the good ones"
January 23rd, 2030
Another man has been arrested for hacking offences after his details were posted online.  His details were posted to the politics section of Sawit, a major news aggregator site.  The events were similar to yesterday's in that it seemed to be his own computer performing the upload.

The man, known online as Urist Imiknorris, claimed that he was also a "mafia goon" and that the real bad guys were "still out there".

This follows news that prosecutor's have assembled what they believe to be a "completely airtight" case against the alleged criminal mastermind known as Leafsnail.

Urist Imiknorris has been doxxed.

He was a mafia goon.

The votecount has now been reset, and the deadline is in a week's time.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2013, 05:01:13 pm »

Dammit.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2013, 05:01:46 pm »

Dariush:
You haven't explained why you've done it.

I have explained quite thoroughly WHY I did it. You clearly don't understand my explanation and don't want to. There is really nothing I can do about that.

Therefore, you knowingly did something that has the possibility to hurt town without any benefit to it whatsoever.

Not true. Explaining my position and outlook helps town to make a better judgment about me. Also, the argument about avoiding paying attention to claims is worthwhile information that could benefit the town, since it isn't necessarily obvious.

And, on the other hand, you accept the idea, and yet continue to pay attention to the claim, willfully violating it.

My argument said that making the claim doesn't hurt anyone. Paying attention to it is what causes harm.

I'm not the one causing harm. By your own admission, you are.

Tiruin:
Ford
Tell me, what was your goal in 'claiming' mason. Tell me, Is there any other reason for that claim other than to emphasize a 'joke'?

Dude. I'm not going to explain it again. It was not a joke. It was made in a joking manner, but I was dead-serious about the point I was making.

Also, your point on Deathsword? I can see its because he made an observational-post mistake, but I don't get much in terms of the relation of Nerjin being scum, and his link with DS. Could you clarify that point?

It looks like teamwork.

But in all seriousness, NQT's writing style is very similar to mine. I can clearly tell that he's not panicked in the least.
So, how? I seem to detect subtle defending of NQT there.

He's also doing many of the same things I am. Newbie things, like getting hung up thinking about the setup and the possibilities. He's also making similar sarcastic and facetious remarks (surely I'm not the only one who noticed that?), and it's getting him in an equal amount of trouble.

I'm defending myself as much as NQT. We're getting attacked for the same bullshit reasons. People are making mincemeat of our posts and talking about things that aren't there. That's bullshit, and it's lazy. If you don't understand somebody, then any argument you make is worthless.

I'm tearing apart Deathsword's argument because I think it's terrible. Deathsword actually raised some good points about NQT, but not the ones he was making.

NQT has been overtly friendly. Just in general. Not to anyone in particular. He's effectively trying to buddy everyone by just acting good-natured. I think that's just the way he is, because he acted the same way in BM 38 as the sheriff.

I think Deathsword's argument is bunk. But after listening to him, I'm starting to see his point of view.

Deathsword: I still want to see your responses to my last post.

Unvote.

Zombie Urist:
There's no way Nerjin would dox himself.
...WHAT?

The miscommunication on this forum is out of control. NQT didn't say anything even remotely close to that.

Toaster:
Ford:  I get this feeling in my gut that you used the vote reset to hop back over to Deathsword and away from ZU, but I don't have anything substantive, sadly.

Let me put it this way:  What now makes Deathsword a better vote candidate than ZU?

I think I said something about this somewhere, but I'm pretty certain now that ZU was just probing me to see how I would react.

I think that at the time, based on what I thought at the time, that my reaction was justified, if a bit extreme. My perception of his actions has changed since then.

I will admit that the vote reset made moving to Deathsword easier. But there's more to consider now, too. Nerjin didn't interact with many people, but his piling onto notquitethere is telling.

PPE: Leafsnail.

...I'm going to post this now, before it ages too much.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (11/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2013, 05:20:17 pm »

EBWOP:

Quote from: notquitethere
they doxxed themself to be out of the game

Oh god, I didn't see that part. Sorry ZU, consider that part struck from my post.

Shame on you, NQT, for saying things that don't make any sense.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2013, 06:02:29 pm »

NQT: What is your read on Captain Ford?
Captain Ford: What is your read on NQT?

zombie urist
@ZU//UI//PoTL: Can you give me your reads on what you got from that one-liner on me and Ford?
So what's up about it being Odd? And because of my odd-vote, you shifted, I see?
I found it suspicious and thus voted accordingly.

I'm defending myself as much as NQT. We're getting attacked for the same bullshit reasons. People are making mincemeat of our posts and talking about things that aren't there. That's bullshit, and it's lazy. If you don't understand somebody, then any argument you make is worthless.
Buddying.

I'm tearing apart Deathsword's argument because I think it's terrible. Deathsword actually raised some good points about NQT, but not the ones he was making.
NQT has been overtly friendly. Just in general. Not to anyone in particular. He's effectively trying to buddy everyone by just acting good-natured. I think that's just the way he is, because he acted the same way in BM 38 as the sheriff.
I think Deathsword's argument is bunk. But after listening to him, I'm starting to see his point of view.
Huuuh? You think DS's argument is bad but you see his point of view? This section is filled with contradictions.

I will admit that the vote reset made moving to Deathsword easier. But there's more to consider now, too. Nerjin didn't interact with many people, but his piling onto notquitethere is telling.
What does it tell?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2013, 06:05:29 pm »

EBWOP:

Quote from: notquitethere
they doxxed themself to be out of the game

Oh god, I didn't see that part. Sorry ZU, consider that part struck from my post.

Shame on NQT, for saying things that don't make any sense.
Apologies, I'm a logician by trade so my instinct is to consider all options that are logically possible, whether or not they're likely: I don't think for a minute Nerjin, or for that matter Urist, doxxed themselves. As you'll see from my post, I quickly dismissed that possibility.
--

Turning to the point that garnered me the votes before Urist's demise: I wanted to discuss a game relevant topic- how is talking about a confirmed scum and their target's a scumtell? Many of you were quite quick to bandwagon. I say, let's rationally examine Nerjin and Imiknorris' posts and see what knowledge we can get from them.

ZU
My read is informed by Nerjin's demise: who is the person he would have tried to kill? Captain Ford is the most likely answer, as I explained in my post above. This isn't buddying, this is logic. If someone can give me a convincing counterfactual to my earlier argument then I'll revise my opinion.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2013, 06:10:08 pm »

That's not logic at all thats WIFOM. Also, other people never act perfectly logically.

Either way, I don't really see why anyone would try to kill Captain Ford, as he is super scummy.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day One (13/13) - #4ksxb549ksap053l
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2013, 07:00:54 pm »

Everyone

They either doxxed a townie or they doxxed themself to be out of the game. Either way they didn't leave a 'bah' message. As Nerjin's an active player and they run the BM let's assume the former.

I'd like to think I had something to do with it, but until the game's over, I won't know for sure. I really don't think it was me. But that's my opinion.

I was pretty sure you're town, but you sure are stirring up a hornet's nest. This was a really dumb thing to post, and Toaster nailed the reason why. I know you were trying to get all the information you could off of Nerjin, but this isn't information that should be discussed publicly. Figuring out publicly who Nerjin targeted is actually bad for the town. Better to keep the scum guessing.

So knock it off.  :)

To no-one in particular:

Now we've seen two scumbags flip, and they both put their votes on NQT at the same time. To me, it looks like they were going for the easy lynch.

I don't know NQT's alignment for sure, he's not on my team. I'm reading him as a townie, but that last thing he did, speculating about Nerjin's target was a very poor move. I think he had good intentions, I just don't think he thought it through. I've thought about trying to figure out who Nerjin's target was myself, so I'm not surprised he did. The only difference is that I knew it was better to keep that information a secret.

I'm going to trust my instincts, and I won't participate in his lynch. I really hope I'm right about him.

Zombie Urist:
Captain Ford: What is your read on NQT?
I think I handled that.

Huuuh? You think DS's argument is bad but you see his point of view? This section is filled with contradictions.
It is not a contradiction in the least. Seeing someone's point of view doesn't mean I agree with it.

I think his argument is bad, but I don't think he thinks it's bad. I think he honestly believes he has something, and while I think he's wrong, I don't think he's malicious.

What does it tell?
Well, in conjunction with Imiknorris's vote, either they were doing some serious distancing, or looking for an easy lynch. Neither of them expected to die, so it might be that they expected notquitethere to be lynched, and decided to get in some distancing early on. If true, it would be ironic that it went the other way instead.

I don't really think he's scum. But I can't vouch for him. I always think it's sad to be lynching one of the game's most active players, especially when both of the scum that have died so far have been lurkers who have gotten practically zero attention.

...I'd feel like a complete tool if NQT turned out to be scum. But I really don't think he is. I think the real scum are hiding in obscurity, not audacity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2013, 08:16:25 pm »

Am sick, and feel like shit. I'll post tomorrow.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »

LOLOLOL

notquitethere is still doing it and is still scum:

ZU
My read is informed by Nerjin's demise: who is the person he would have tried to kill? Captain Ford is the most likely answer, as I explained in my post above. This isn't buddying, this is logic. If someone can give me a convincing counterfactual to my earlier argument then I'll revise my opinion.

Didn't get anything out of UI's interactions either.

Leafsnail:  Please prod obolisk0430.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40