Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Games you like but cannot play for beans!  (Read 10049 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Games you like but cannot play for beans!
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 12:25:48 am »

Civ 3, as well as TF2 if I'm a scout.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:47 am »

Can't do real RTS games of the collect-your-resources-super-efficiently and manage-your-builds type, e.g. Starcraft. They usually look like fun though! If you can just choose your units and deploy, like Myth or Total War games, I have a prayer.

Can't do FPS games at all!

My brother has been playing a lot of The Binding of Isaac, which looks like a lot of fun, but after watching a few Youtube let's plays of it I had to conclude it was beyond me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 01:39:30 am »

I suck horrifically at FPS games, and most RTS games, unless I'm playing the computer. I stopped playing FPS games, for the most part, when my brother kicked my ass 200-0 in ten minutes in the second Halo. The rotten telefragging bastard was messing with me to keep the score an even 200, or he could've pushed it higher. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 01:44:43 am »

Platformers. Getting a bit more specific, games like Castlevania. I would really like to play them if only for the boss fights but the jumping controls are really annoying for me, the same reason I don't like Megaman. Stupid monsters that fly in off screen to knock you down a hole...

I played lots of platformers too when I was younger. Captain Comic, Commander Keen, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, Monster Bash. I just seem to have lost patience with them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 02:02:26 am »

Dwarf Fortress, of course :P

Also, text adventures of any description. I love the entire genre, but I have no mind for complex puzzles. The one at the end of A Mind Forever Voyaging, probably one of the tamest I've seen, still managed to stump me completely.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 02:09:58 am »

Any semi-realistic FPS game, I just can't seem to adjust to either the recoil of the guns or the ease with which you die.  I was pretty damn good at e.g. Unreal Tournament back in the day, but trying to play something like Battlefield, or more recently Planetside 2, I just get crushed constantly as everyone seems to be able to drop me in a couple seconds while my crosshair is jumping everywhere but over their character.  I still do ok at stuff like Global Agenda or Firefall though, but I really suck at Team Fortress 2 for some reason.

And most online RTS games - I'm not really aggressive enough in my playstyle, preferring to turtle and base build, which is great for fighting an AI but just gets you out-resourced and/or rushed in the first couple minutes against other players.  I think I'd like to play some in co-op vs an AI, but then I start to doubt myself and think I'll just end up letting the other player(s) in my team down by not playing efficiently or aggressively enough, so I don't jump in to play with random people (and the few internet friends I've managed to make aren't generally playing the same ones I am).

That last part puts me off most MMOs too, once you get to the endgame and it's all raiding and running instances.  I don't think I suck at them per se, but the pressure to perform (so to speak) and attitude of many (most?) players to anyone who screws up or just isn't being efficient enough, it really puts me off.  Personality flaw on my part really, I'm seriously averse to any kind of confrontation.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:12:11 am by Biowraith »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 02:16:54 am »

R.U.S.E steamrolled all the missions at the hardest setting, and then got stuck on that missions you have to resist enough time to flee at the start of the x chapter, I can't remember.

I can't beat it, no way, not even on easy.

I hate scripted missions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 05:14:29 am »

Just about any game that I like but isn't an adventure game. Mostly platformers and shooters, though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 05:25:14 am »

Total Annihilation and the various Spring engine ports/remixes of it. I freaking love TA and its knockoffs, but I'm just ungodly terrible at playing them. I turtle too much, mostly, and can't seem to get myself to juggle things appropriately when I try to not turtle. It's a shame, 'cause I'd love to play more Spring multiplayer. M'just terrible at it. Even worse than I normally am with RTS games.

Which... yeah. Genre in general. I can bull through most campaign modes or whatever, but don't even try to put me against another player. Don't have the twitch to do RTS right. Now, TBS... if I actually get arsed to try at those, I tend to do pretty alright.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 06:41:20 am »

Also bad at RTS, which is frustrating because I used to be good at some Spring games and AOE 2. Now though, I just can't do well at any RTS.
Tribes 2, it is far enough from similar games I play that the physics always throws me off, and whenever I try to get good I end up bad at both games.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 09:53:35 am »

Oh, actually, I abhor timed missions in mostly ANY game. Especially the ones that tell you to survive for stupidly long time, like 45m/1h. Sometimes past 30m there's already no chance you're going to win, so you have to repeat everything... I hate that.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 10:56:00 am »

League of Legends, DotA, or HoN. I adore playing them nearly as much as I suck at them, though.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 11:10:20 am »

I used to like space simulators. But now it seems that all space simulators make you master steadily shifting to the right and then to the left to fight. I just can't do that.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2012, 11:16:48 am »

Hah, yes, there's another. Touhou. I've barely gotten past Sakuya once on Hard in EoSD, on the last of my continues. I'm just plain not very good at bullethells (even though back in the day I was an ace at Raiden in arcades), but I love playing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2012, 11:27:06 am »

I like sports games specificly (baseball and soccer) but stink at them.  Rather I am merely adequate. . .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:29:43 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7