Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Super Robot Taisen RtD Adventure [6/6 slots filled, Open to new sign ups]  (Read 17277 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Super Robot Taisen RtD Adventure (Turn 0: Set-up phase)
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 05:22:56 pm »

Have you watched all these series? (Mine in particular)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 05:26:44 pm »

Just the first episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Due to bandai Channel removing all the videos of the show that were on youtube. I watched All of Gurren Lagann and Code Geass, which both are pretty cool shows in my opinion.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 05:27:17 pm »

Yeah... Neon genesis gets kinda fucked up later on.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:43 pm »

A character that's affiliated with both Eva and Gurren Lagann at the same time? Oh dear
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 05:31:28 pm »

A character that's affiliated with both Eva and Gurren Lagann at the same time? Oh dear

You've never watched Megas XLR have you?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 05:33:12 pm »

I've read a bit about it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
Re: Super Robot Taisen RtD Adventure (Turn 1 - Rude Awakening)
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »

(Unit List at the bottom of this post)

You have no idea what the hell happened... one day you were working in your respected places, and the next thing you know, you suddenly find yourself in some Forest, at night (give or take a few hours, though it's hard to tell considering how deep the forest is). The only other things surrounding you are your felllow party members, and a moss-covered Warship about 60 meters "Southeast" (relatively, of course). The only question that runs through your heads: "Where the hell are we!"

Seeing nothing else to do becides talk around, the 5 of them managed to enter this somewhat ruined Warship, cutting though some of the moss and plants that grew around it. As they were running around in the ship to find something to use to figure out where they are, they discover some machines, though not much to work with (see Units Found below). Somewhat armed (relatively), and the sole Mechanic cleaning some of the engine room to get it moving (but barely, see Facts below) but just barely.

With one thing off your list (something to fight with, and some form of shelter), you now can begin to figure out what's going on, and perhaps figure out how to get out of the place.

Spoiler: Current Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Facts Known (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Units Found" (click to show/hide)

(OoC: This isn't much but something to get started with courses of action, also correcting errors, and found out I missed a sheet.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:17:04 pm by BlasterKyubey210 »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 06:52:59 pm »

"Vladamir was once partners with cruel german doktor. Not Nazi, surprisingly."

Investigate corpses for cause of death.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 06:57:01 pm »

Keiran eyes the mecha, and says,
"Incredible! These mechs seem downright Amazing in their Construction! Hmm... Maybe change the paintjob, and maybe get a look at the power source... Yesss... This will be good."
He climbs into the Burai, and begins checking the systems, before attempting to (Somehow) fix any dents and other forms of damage.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super Robot Taisen RtD Adventure (Turn 1: Rude Awakening)
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 06:57:43 pm »

"Can we take the bodies off the ship? Before we start getting ill from being around dead people?"

Take all bodies from the bridge and place them in a storage area, park my ass in the captains seat and admire my new ship, bring ships systems online, look for some kind of AI system to help me.

(( I love my ship, really really really love it, all it's missing is a cute AI to have a creepy relationship with. ))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:13:39 pm by mesor »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 06:58:47 pm »

I call the Huckebein!

"I'll go take a look around the ship. See if I can find any clues as to what happened here or if there's anything dangerous

I go and cautiously explore the ship
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:12:19 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Naoki Kurogra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Super Robot Taisen RtD Adventure (Turn 1: Rude Awakening)
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 10:22:55 pm »

"Holy Hell! These Mecha are awesome!" Kenji says as he looks over one of the Enacts, before climbing up and taking a look in the cockpit and looking into it, climbing into it if there isn't a corpse in it, and ejecting the corpse if there is one. He then attempts to look over the controls and get a feel for how the Mecha works, in case he'll be needed to pilot it soon.

Attempt to figure out how the Enact's control system works for future piloting ease.

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
Re: Super Robot Taisen RtD Adventure
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 11:36:49 pm »

Turn 2: Exploring the Ship

Vladamir checks the Skeletons on some of the crewmen... (5-1) and despite being decayed to the point of unrecognization, some of these Skeletons have impact spots around, indicating that something DID get in the ship to attack the crewmen... unfortinately for him, there is not much he can work with to figure out just what happened... maybe the others would have better luck.

Keiran on the other end starts wrestling the OS on the Knightmare Frame (5) and has it going without a hitch... while the Burai (or the other machines for that matter) has no real exteral damage, Keiran left the machine to take a nice look at it from outside, and noted the moss growing, luckly not covering anything critical.

Lester starts to do some body disposal on the literal skeleton crew and searches for a Storage Unit to chuck some Skeletons (6). He not only finds the storage unit to chuck them in..., but as he tosses some Skeletons in it, turned out to be occupied by a Baby Dragon... using the Storage Unit as a home... and didn't exactly appreciate having bones thrown at it...

Anyhow, Lester started to shut the door on the Dragon before the child started to strike at the human and goes back to the Bridge to operate the systems and started wrestling with the systems to get it online (1)... the bad news is the Nahal Argama's systems decided (somehow) to give the new guy as much hell as possible: C.I.W.S. guns firing widly in the sky hitting at seemly nothing, Beam Cannons trying to rotate around despite the Moss and Vines binding them down, Power being channeled to places Lester never thought it'd never channel into and finally a temporary shutdown of the entire ship. Once he takes additional time to poke around to make it stop, it turns out the ship has no AI system at all... guess he's going to be alone for awhile...

Marcus searches the Ship for any clue pertaining to either where they are, or if there's anything else on the ship (4)... while he hasn't found of the latter, he does find a minor clue as to where they are, in the mechanic's lounge, with a broken statue of a Winged Unicorn of sorts, and several whiteboard marks with words that go "Down with the Tyrant Sun" amoung other insulting sayings. It may not help a bit but on the bright side, they could help figure out where exactly they were, right?

Kenji wrestles with the Enact's control systems, also kinda glad they have a spare machine in case he crashes it (6) in fact with him messing around with the controls, it started to respond to him as if he's an actual pilot of the machine... although on the other hand, him screwing around with it caused it to literally punch out one of the Genoaces... whoops.

Meanwhile outside the ship, something, or someone took attentive to what's going on as it searched for the Shooting Star that fell in the forest... unfortinately for Lester and unknown for the others... their screwing about may have attracted more trouble then it's worth.

Spoiler: Circumstance Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units left to claim (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:14:31 am by BlasterKyubey210 »

Naoki Kurogra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »

"Heh heh. Oops. That... May be my fault..." Kenji says he looks at the damaged unit, hoping that the mechanic doesn't get too angry with him. He then decides to try and use the mecha to go outside and clear some of the moss and vines away from the ship using his newly functional Enact.

Use the Enact to try and clear away some more of the moss and vines on the ship's exterior so that they'll bind the ship less.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 12:02:06 am »

"Hey guys, you know of any group that uses a winged unicorn as their symbol? There's a statue of one downstairs."

After telling the others my findings I go to the hanger and familiarize myself with the Huckebein
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33