Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!  (Read 54996 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 2 brings blood and mystery
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2012, 03:47:10 pm »

Well, shoot.

I kinda wanted to vote Captain Ford.

I'll wait until I get home to post some more.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2012, 01:36:12 am »

Sorry about the lack of activity Tuesday.  Forgot to use the forums.

Jack A T:  What's the scummiest thing that's been said so far?
Shakerag: Not counting the statements of the dead and/or missing...Ugh, day 1 was a disaster.  The day was dominated by a massive kook/probability discussion and two inept newbies.  Both newbies are, of course, gone now.  But back to your question: Not counting the statements of the dead and/or missing... Let's go with your post quoted here.  It feels like activelurking to me.

Why?  Let's consider your activity Day 1: you asked a bunch of RVS questions (no problem there, though your lack of a vote was odd), and then did this: a complaint about the stupid kook discussion, two requests for people to do something other than discuss kooks, and this question.  What's missing here?  Well, let's see...
*Any opinions on who is scum and who isn't.
*Any vote.
*Any opinions on...really, anything whatsoever beyond the kook statistics discussion being dumb.

You contributed about as much as Tiruin did Day 1.  You just did so with more words.

Any reasons for this?

Also, I actually did miss Dariush's
<quote snipped>
I agree with this statement. All of it.
Webadict: I'm sensing an error here.  Do you recall what you intended to say?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2012, 01:44:28 am »

Also, I actually did miss Dariush's
<quote snipped>
I agree with this statement. All of it.
Webadict: I'm sensing an error here.  Do you recall what you intended to say?
Err... yeah. I meant to say to Toaster that I actually missed Dariush's Kook claim initially. But, I messed it up.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 1 - Terror Underground
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2012, 03:32:20 am »

I didn't really, though. You're less likely than Hapah to be town, because you got to read the discussion  that Hapah's claim and Nerjin's actions initiated. The one where webadict says it's a town tell, while generally everyone else agrees for it to be a null one. This would get a single potential vote off your back in the future, basically for free. Webadict's one, which is not exactly a small thing, if he's still as formidable as he used to be. See how it works?
No, I don't. What would you have done in my case? Gone on with your Kookness unclaimed?
I don't like how you jumped though.
Well isn't that awesome. You will a case explaining how I'm less likely to be town because of timezones into being out of thin air and I'm supposed to sit here and ignore it. Nice one.
I actually read that part of your post after forming my own, and thought I'd let it pass, because I didn't really care too much.
Not caring in Mafia is exactly the perfect scumhunting behaviour. Don't you agree, Ottofar?

Also, I definitely like how the entirety of your activity consisted of RVS, answering questions and attacking me over timezones.

Tiruin, I could've sworn you were replaced out, but apparently I was wrong. (protip: it's bad when people think you've replaced out while you didn't) Suspicions and explanation of lurking in general and lack of promised post specifically? Do you think that 'post coming in a while' is a perfectly exploitable loophole due to its non-specificness?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:24 am »

Toaster
Tiruin:
Post coming in a while, these things start in a different time than I am able.

Meaning: Timezones  :'(

This was the entirety of your content yesterday.  Lurking around so you can start either stealing minds or harvesting organs in peace?
Yes, it is. This is entirely my fault and I don't like how I did work with my activity. Not lurking btw, was just very very busy in the past days - coupled with a workload pile, and that the day ended before I could add in my extend...Yeah.

Anyway, here's my post with all the replies, including my suspicions as of preceding N1. Apologies for my absence :/

Also, whats with the stealing minds/harvesting thing? And why ask about the Exterminator in your first post?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Shakerag
Tiruin:  Does webadict's presence in the game prevent you from always being scum?
It doesn't, because then the Mod would be affected anyway. If Webadict was a factor in determining my alignment, then wow. Meaning: No. Also, not scum.

Why this question again, and here, why didn't you ask anything to them[Book/Web] but provide them with a question for them to do instead?

Webadict: I'm curious.

You say kook = more likely to be town as compared to those who claim otherwise, but here's the thing. Are you drawing that idea out from a psychological perspective given a kook claim, and thus concluding (+) town?

Bookthras: If you were a Cop, would you inspect a claimed kook on the first day? Why or why not?

Ottofar: What was your point with Nerjin, and why did you keep your vote on him [since RVS]? Since when did it turn permanent, and what was your intention with it on him?

PPE: Dariush

Tiruin, I could've sworn you were replaced out, but apparently I was wrong. (protip: it's bad when people think you've replaced out while you didn't) Suspicions and explanation of lurking in general and lack of promised post specifically? Do you think that 'post coming in a while' is a perfectly exploitable loophole due to its non-specificness?
Err, no. That was in the BYOR. Why mistake that for me here? Also, I told you (long time ago in a BM far far away) that I will never use RL as an excuse. It just hit me there, and that the day lasted for 2 RL days... @ bolded part: That's dirty and cheap and nothing any serious Mafia player would do.

As for suspicions, I will have to ask my own questions for them as I can't just drop them without my own interaction.

As a presumed kook, why did you claim kook?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2012, 06:46:32 am »

Before I post More Fun Things, what exactly does the Disappear With No Trace thing mean?

Jack A T: I was going to ask "Why the OMGUS" then realized no you actually have some pretty good points there. I shall, out of "politeness," allow Shakerag his defense before I jump in since you've already pointed out how he just floated around the discussion without contributing (talking about what folks talked about) and at this point I'm doing little more than piggybacking off of your efforts.

Ottofar, are you sure you're going to do a big great analysis?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2012, 08:29:35 am »

I didn't really, though. You're less likely than Hapah to be town, because you got to read the discussion  that Hapah's claim and Nerjin's actions initiated. The one where webadict says it's a town tell, while generally everyone else agrees for it to be a null one. This would get a single potential vote off your back in the future, basically for free. Webadict's one, which is not exactly a small thing, if he's still as formidable as he used to be. See how it works?
No, I don't. What would you have done in my case? Gone on with your Kookness unclaimed?
Well isn't that awesome. You will a case explaining how I'm less likely to be town because of timezones into being out of thin air and I'm supposed to sit here and ignore it. Nice one.
I actually read that part of your post after forming my own, and thought I'd let it pass, because I didn't really care too much.
Not caring in Mafia is exactly the perfect scumhunting behaviour. Don't you agree, Ottofar?

Also, I definitely like how the entirety of your activity consisted of RVS, answering questions and attacking me over timezones.

You were scummier than Hapah. Now you're just scummier than basically anyone. I was saying it was possibly a town tell on Hapah's part, and a null one on yours. Furthermore I wasn't even really attacking you, but putting a pressure vote on you because you neither posted properly nor extended the day, while promising more later.

I also like how you're using my activity as an attack as opposed to yours, which consisted of the exact same thing, plus "More later, me busy."

Tiruin:  I didn't really mean the vote to stay permanent, but intended to unvote before going to bed. The day ending so soon surprised me a bit.

Pandarsenic:
Not likely. Not this early anyways.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2012, 08:52:19 am »

You were scummier than Hapah. Now you're just scummier than basically anyone.
So, you first put a vote on me and now are trying to summon a case. Good going, scum.
I also like how you're using my activity as an attack as opposed to yours, which consisted of the exact same thing, plus "More later, me busy."
Obvious deflection is obvious. Which also happens to be a lie. I have been busy, so I promised a post later and I made it. You just activelurked through everything.

Also, you completely ignored the majority of my questions.

Also, you're continuing to merely fling shit at me and answer questions instead of scumhunting, which makes you not simply a liar, but also a hypocrite. Tsk-tsk.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2012, 12:56:43 pm »

Pandarsenic:
Before I post More Fun Things, what exactly does the Disappear With No Trace thing mean?
I think he was abducted.

Ottofar:

You were scummier than Hapah. Now you're just scummier than basically anyone. I was saying it was possibly a town tell on Hapah's part, and a null one on yours. Furthermore I wasn't even really attacking you, but putting a pressure vote on you because you neither posted properly nor extended the day, while promising more later.

You are claiming Dariush is scum, but the only "evidence" I can see you provided is a null tell from him, that he claimed later due to timezones (which is something that should be always taken into consideration). Yet you believe Web's theory that a kook claim is a town tell when it comes to Hapah. Why? Because Hapah is on an earlier timezone? Or maybe you are trying to make Dariush rage so you can drive a lynch on him with less effort?

Also, that was a nice deflect you did there. You should be proud.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2012, 01:09:11 pm »

Webadict: I'm curious.

You say kook = more likely to be town as compared to those who claim otherwise, but here's the thing. Are you drawing that idea out from a psychological perspective given a kook claim, and thus concluding (+) town?
Both a psychological and statistical perspective. The psychological is just the reason for the statistical aspect. It's pretty simple, actually, and that's why it works. Seeing as how scum doesn't want to take the chance that they claim and make it 3 or more Kooks, because it's just an unlikelihood and can get them lynched. It's not worth the risk, and that's why it's not done.

Hmm, I changed my mind. I thought about it and Dariush would have to be LESS likely to be scum. Since he claimed after my explanation, the only reason he'd do so would be if he were actually a Kook because he'd KNOW it'd be super scummy to do as such. Scum wouldn't claim like that. I wouldn't even do that as scum.

Jack A T: I was going to ask "Why the OMGUS" then realized no you actually have some pretty good points there. I shall, out of "politeness," allow Shakerag his defense before I jump in since you've already pointed out how he just floated around the discussion without contributing (talking about what folks talked about) and at this point I'm doing little more than piggybacking off of your efforts.

Ottofar, are you sure you're going to do a big great analysis?
Disappeared means Xenobiologist or Exterminator with Camo.

Also, what did you do Yesterday?

You are claiming Dariush is scum, but the only "evidence" I can see you provided is a null tell from him, that he claimed later due to timezones (which is something that should be always taken into consideration). Yet you believe Web's theory that a kook claim is a town tell when it comes to Hapah. Why? Because Hapah is on an earlier timezone? Or maybe you are trying to make Dariush rage so you can drive a lynch on him with less effort?

Also, that was a nice deflect you did there. You should be proud.
He actually listed what he thought of the theory. He said it doesn't apply to Dariush because it was after I explained why it's good. I think that actually makes Dariush LESS likely to be scum, but that's me, but you seemed to have skipped that.

I don't think Ottofar is trying at all to make Dariush rage, either. You're criticizing him by using my words against him, instead of his own, Deathsword.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2012, 05:43:22 pm »

You were scummier than Hapah. Now you're just scummier than basically anyone.
So, you first put a vote on me and now are trying to summon a case. Good going, scum.
Obvious deflection is obvious. Which also happens to be a lie. I have been busy, so I promised a post later and I made it. You just activelurked through everything.

Also, you're continuing to merely fling shit at me and answer questions instead of scumhunting, which makes you not simply a liar, but also a hypocrite. Tsk-tsk.

I'm assuming you didn't get why you are scummier than Hapah. It is because Hapah made a possible town tell. You didn't. That automatically makes Hapah more town-like than you. You were on par with everyone else. Also, the 'deflection' was merely meant to be an ironic echo to your "Also, I definitely like how the entirety of your activity consisted of RVS, answering questions and attacking me over timezones." Also, it was only accounting for D1.

You see, my attack was at no point based on you claiming Kook so late. It was based on you thinking I was attacking you, and you being overly reactionary there, which is what I found scummy.

I would also have claimed kook, obviously. I just wouldn't have jumped, when someone stated I was scummier than someone who claimed pre-meta discussion, which had the goddamn webadict say that claiming kook is a town tell. While everyone else was saying it was a null. At no point did anyone say it is a scumtell. Except Nerjin, but meh. The post was merely a way of saying "a 70%-townie is more of a townie than a 50%-townie."

Not caring about trivialities, yeah.

I don't see a question here. And uh, the last part is explained, what, twice in this post already. Sigh.

[...]

As stated, not really a deflection, since it was just an ironic echo on your deflection. Counter-deflection perhaps?

Flinging more like perfectly valid points. We're kinda having trouble communicating or something.
Also, not a lie, the post was concerning D1. So uh, guess what claiming I'm a liar when I'm not makes you?
Also being hypocritical at calling people hypocritical, awesome.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2012, 05:46:02 pm »

Hmm, I changed my mind. I thought about it and Dariush would have to be LESS likely to be scum. Since he claimed after my explanation, the only reason he'd do so would be if he were actually a Kook because he'd KNOW it'd be super scummy to do as such. Scum wouldn't claim like that. I wouldn't even do that as scum.

I kinda disagree here, since scum might think this way too, which makes it all too WIFOM-ish. Null, in my opinion, for Dariush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2012, 06:10:36 pm »

I kinda disagree here, since scum might think this way too, which makes it all too WIFOM-ish. Null, in my opinion, for Dariush.
It's always WIFOM. But, it's a really big gamble here to look that scummy.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »

It's always WIFOM. But, it's a really big gamble here to look that scummy.
Then again, it's always a big gamble.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2012, 11:45:17 pm »

Tiruin:
Also, whats with the stealing minds/harvesting thing? And why ask about the Exterminator in your first post?

Because an alien of one of those types is well suited to lurking the day away and winning in the night.  And someone always asks Pandar about being the Alien Exterminator- often me, now.

Bookthras: If you were a Cop, would you inspect a claimed kook on the first day? Why or why not?

You know Book is dead, right?  In any case, why are you going to RVS questions?

Deathsword:  Why are you shamelessly bandwagonning on Ottofar?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23