Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!  (Read 55034 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 1 - Terror Underground
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2012, 09:44:53 pm »

It seems safer to me to just off you today then just in case. Here's what you're probably trying.
-snip-

I disagree, because we'll have more information overall if we lynch somebody else. He's an easy lynch right now, and if he does flip dopple, we'll have less to go on for picking tomorrow's targets.

The most dangerous scenario is that he's a doppelganger war vet, and he's encouraging us to night action him. But I think that's a long shot. He could just as easily be a town war vet, and he's trying to save town while encouraging the dopples to night-kill him.

Anyways, if we don't lynch him, and he survives the night, then I think he's worth some more attention. Unvote.

I would, however, view anyone pushing for his lynch with an ounce of suspicion, considering he's confirmed town if he's telling the truth.

Captain Ford as I've said before this makes little to no sense. Your attempts at explaining this away have been sub-par at best. I find it hard to believe that you just happened to forget a large amount of information like what happens when a Kook is examined. Also I fail to see how leaving him alive for a night would give more information.

The brain is a funny thing. You can know something, but not understand every single tiny implication. I didn't forget what the kook was, or what it did. It just didn't occur to me that there was no way to prove it.

There are like, a half-dozen different ways to investigate someone in this game. I figured one of them would be able to prove something, and didn't bother thinking it all the way through.

Spoiler: Post #69 (click to show/hide)

Bolded for emphasis by me.

Okay... Wait until we have more information may mean something later on but not during the RVS. Besides the only information we can count on is the information we have now. More MAY come along but I always assume the game will die down soon. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and what not.

As for bold part #2: Subtle indeed! But I think you'll find that most of your posts where we discussed the Kook roll was you defending Hapah. In fact you seem awfully keen on leaving him alive to probe him tomorrow.

Bold part the third: I saw you prodding me for a reaction. Much less so you prodding Hapah. Care to point out where you did that?

1. Shitty reasoning combined with poor choice of words. In the absence of other activity, it seemed reasonable to consider possible results of the night phase.
2. Yes, I defended Hapah, and he was worth defending. Now that I think more about it, there's nothing wrong with that. I let the kook thing go on long enough to get a town read on Hapah, and after that it was going nowhere, so I tried to bring it to a conclusion. I fucked that up, obviously.
3. You know, he might have tried distancing me. He didn't. To me, that's notable.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2012, 10:07:50 pm »

Nerjin:
Shakerag Same question.
Why didn't you make your own question?

Captain Ford:
How important do you think original questions are in RVS?

Deathsword: I've seen that questioning pattern before. In fact, I've used it myself. As scum. It sounds an awful lot like, "he's scummy. Isn't he? Back me up, bro." Give me an argument for why this is or isn't an example of buddying or a scumtell.
It was an RVS question. It was literally the first thing I thought about when asking you a question. If you used it yourself and you consider it a scum move, why did you wait this long to call me on this? Why didn't you point this out when you answered it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1. It's more like an RVS question than an attack. I just want to see more activity from Deathsword, since he's only posted once so far.
2. It's not the same thing. He criticized Nerjin, and then turned to me to back him up. I just asked him to explain his actions (no third party involved). Explain to me how that's the same thing?

Why make an "RVS question" when we are well out of RVS? Are you trying to backpedal on your vote-attack on me?

Also, I stay out most of the day in university. Thus, I can only post at night. Also, your timezone may not be the same as mine (which is GMT -3).

"I wanted to see more activity from you."

You only had one post, so there really wasn't much else for me to question you on.

It was a shitty question, yes. I am terrible at coming up with questions. But it gave you something more to talk about, and that's what matters.

Since you can't post as often, it makes sense for you me to give you more to talk about, yes? Then when you can talk, you talk more. As opposed to less.

...did I miss anything? I feel like I'm missing something.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2012, 10:52:19 pm »

I've had a couple drinks so I'ma refrain from posting. Post in the morning.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2012, 04:22:34 am »

Pandarsenic:
Pandar:  Are you the Alien Exterminator?
Hah, I wish (No I don't).
Really? Had you been given a choice to be the Exterminator, would you have declined? Or what do you mean by that "No I don't" thing?

I would have declined. I like to actually have "winning" as a realistic goal.

Ford, your attempts to explain away what you said about the kooks are more and more bizarre by the minute. What did you think "Confirmed town" meant, exactly, that caused The Trainwreck Post?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2012, 11:30:23 am »

Exams are coming. Fucktastically busy, post tomorrow (or maybe later today, if I'm very lucky).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »

The Whiteboard
Bookthras: Dariush
Captain Ford: Nerjin, Pandarsenic
Dariush: Jack A T
Deathsword: Captain Ford
Nerjin: Deathsword, Ottofar, webadict
Ottofar: Toaster
Tiruin: Bookthras
Toaster: Hapah

Day ends ~10am Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2012, 12:20:59 pm »

Ottofar:
Re: Kooks: I think Hapah's pretty likely to be town, Dariush less so, since the conversation had gone on for a while before his claim. Anyways, the whole kook-issue is a large, steamy pile of WIFOM, so wasting time on that should probably stop. If anyone thinks it's a town tell, let them regard it as such, and If anyone else thinks it's not, let them.

-snip-

Nerjin, have you played a paranormal before? Scratch that, have you played any open setup with millers before? And you are aware, that there have been multiple kook claims within a single game before?

Also, did you take into account that claiming a kook as town is pretty much the standard, but claiming kook as scum is extremely ballsy? While it would statistically be a good move for a single dopp to do this, it does take balls to be in the spotlight as scum, and slightest mistakes might earn you an evening in the gallows.

Book, Webadict, what exactly did you hope to achieve by derailing this to a kook statistics discussion? It hasn't taken anyone a step closer to finding the scum.

Why drag up something you just said you wanted to stop?

Ford:
2. It's not the same thing. He criticized Nerjin, and then turned to me to back him up. I just asked him to explain his actions (no third party involved). Explain to me how that's the same thing?

You're right- I read that wrong. 

Nerjin:
Well when you put it that way I can see how my argument starts to fall apart. For sake of completeness I’d like to point out that I’m not Dopp.

Okay.  What kind of alien are you, then?

Just thought of this: Is Mr. Jim Groovester allowed posting? He's not playing. Is that allowed?

You are correct- Jim should keep his math jollies out of here.

3. Captain Ford is likely scum. At very least he buddies un-neccesarily so I view that as a bit suspicious.

So for you, "a bit suspicious" equates to "likely scum?"

Web:  You repeated yourself at the bottom of this post.  Did you leave something out?

Ford:
3. You know, he might have tried distancing me. He didn't. To me, that's notable.

The only reason he would be distancing you is if you were scumbuddies.  Are you scumbuddies?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2012, 01:47:44 pm »

Nerjin:
Well when you put it that way I can see how my argument starts to fall apart. For sake of completeness I’d like to point out that I’m not Dopp.

Okay.  What kind of alien are you, then?

I'm town as a matter of fact. Unfortunately I can't really prove it.

3. Captain Ford is likely scum. At very least he buddies un-neccesarily so I view that as a bit suspicious.

So for you, "a bit suspicious" equates to "likely scum?"

When they are my biggest suspect I equate them to scum. It's the only real way for the game to progress.

Not much time to post today.

EVERYONE Post more if you can.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2012, 02:02:27 pm »

Toaster:

Ottofar:
-snipper-
Why drag up something you just said you wanted to stop?

I suppose I should have formatted the post differently, and put my input on the topic before the request to not discuss it anymore. Meh.

Exams are coming. Fucktastically busy, post tomorrow (or maybe later today, if I'm very lucky).
Hm. Extend?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »

Extend

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2012, 02:14:51 pm »

The Whiteboard
Bookthras: Dariush
Captain Ford: Nerjin, Pandarsenic
Dariush: Jack A T
Deathsword: Captain Ford
Nerjin: Deathsword, Ottofar, webadict
Ottofar: Toaster
Tiruin: Bookthras
Toaster: Hapah

You gathered in a conference room and spent the day deliberating. You didn't come to much of a consensus, but eventually decide that Nerjin has enough votes to be the one who dies.

He struggles as you drag him over to a chair and tie him down. Ottofar picks up the pistol and levels it at Nerjin's head.

"I'm not a monster! I'm a good guy! A security guard here. You've got to believe me!" screams Nerjin

"Man," says Ottofar, "I'm really just hoping you're lying." He pulls the trigger with a slight wince as blood and brains splatter the wall.

After a few long minutes of watching, you decide that he was Human after all. You then search his room, and discover an automatic rifle and a log talking about how he's going to hunt down the monsters himself. Looks like you just killed off a Vigilante who was on your side. Not a good start.

Tired and discouraged, you head off to your rooms for the night.

Day has ended. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Night 1
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2012, 03:15:38 pm »

You awaken to the sounds of birds singing as the morning alarms gradually bring you to wakefulness. Natural lights grow slowly brighter as the complex starts up for the day.

When you join the others in the main meeting room, a mug of coffee in one hand and a muffin the other, you eye everyone else suspiciously while you eat.

After a while, it's obvious that Bookthras and Captain Ford aren't going to join you. Curious about their fates, you all troop off to their rooms to see what happened to them.

Bookthras...well, it seems things went quite poorly for him. Nothing but a pool of blood left inside his room. Judging by his notebook, it seems he was one of the security team trying to be an Observant Guard for the rest of you. Not observant enough to save himself, it would appear.

Of Captain Ford, however, there is no sign at all. He has simply vanished. Bed doesn't even look to have been slept in!

Puzzled, and a bit worried, you all head back to the main conference room. Hopefully today's lynch will go better than yesterdays.

Day 2 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Come play Mafia with us!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 2 brings blood and mystery
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2012, 03:20:36 pm »

Spoiler: Nerjin's Bah Post (click to show/hide)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2012, 03:24:53 pm »

So, uh. Yeah. I'm gonna vote Dariush at least until he posts the post he promised, based on the promise, and the jump I mentioned yesterday. Not gonna do any greater analysis right now, though. Too sleepy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2012, 03:32:21 pm »

Tiruin:
Post coming in a while, these things start in a different time than I am able.

Meaning: Timezones  :'(

This was the entirety of your content yesterday.  Lurking around so you can start either stealing minds or harvesting organs in peace?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23