Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41760 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:25 am »

Dragonhide Full Plate costs even more.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2013, 01:11:41 am »

Dragonhide Full Plate costs even more.

Double the normal masterwork armor price, to be exact, so it would be (base+masterwork)*2 for the market price.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2013, 01:28:43 am »

really? Then that means a profit of 1650 for selling them, which means if everyone else but me an barbarossa had them made into full plate and sold it'd be a total of 9900g profit! Dvide that by 8(there are 8 of us right?) and we each get a total of 1237g and 5s!

Edit: Also would it be acceptable to go ahead and add shield spikes to my shield?

Edit Edit: I forgot that each of those suits of armor also comes with a masterwork dragonhide shield, so add 170 to the total!

Edit edit edit(rule of 3!): Actually instead of shield spikes, I thought of something; you did say that I could use weapons of legacy right? Well, I was thinking how having lesser energized shield saved my ass (that 5 point diff kept me from going down when he smacked me with his sword) and how that energy might have been absorbed a little into the shield to form a legacy, if that's acceptable
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:46:28 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2013, 09:48:29 am »

Well, by request of Wrex, I have decided to post the list of vaguely amusing occurences from this past session.

Spoiler: Osoero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Others (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:13 am »

If you have enough time to do the free-material item crafting for me too, I'd like to cash in on that. Selling a set of full plate for 1,650 sounds a lot better than selling its raw materials for 700. Mostly I like it better like this because it allows me to buy a Dark Lantern pretty much right now. Mwahahahaha....

Speaking of which, DM, I have an as-yet-unanswered question. If someone were to try to sneak past a room with a guard in it, and hide in the shadowy concealment provided by the lantern, would the guard by automatically alerted to the fact that someone is obviously there because of the zone of half-light wandering around? Or would the ability to hide allow you to actually go unnoticed?

Also, I'll be coming up with a journal at some point today, and making an artist's (loosely-used term) rendition of countess catgirl and her super-shiny platemail.  (GM said it was gold and had swirly patterns on it, right?)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2013, 12:15:21 pm »

Spoiler: Anxon's Thoughts (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2013, 12:30:28 pm »

Spoiler: Jan's Thoughts (click to show/hide)

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:55 pm »

@Will, I have a question for you.  If I were to get a dorje (psionic wand), does it have to be in one of my mantles, or just anything an ardent is capable of learning?  The description just says "Class List"

EDIT: For the question i posed earlier about which mantle I should take, I figured it out.  Taking knowledge mantle so we have every knowledge skill at least covered (albeit with only +3 modifiers).  I realized I do not have to take powers from there when I take the mantle.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:22:31 pm by germaina »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2013, 01:35:08 pm »

Hurray for resident psycho!

I'm wondering if I should get a Magic Device of Use Magic Device. I think I'll call it a Magic Manual. +5 to UMD checks if I can get another 300 gold.

Either that, or I can buy a bunch of wands and scrolls. And get to use them about half the time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2013, 01:59:26 pm »

Edit edit edit(rule of 3!): Actually instead of shield spikes, I thought of something; you did say that I could use weapons of legacy right? Well, I was thinking how having lesser energized shield saved my ass (that 5 point diff kept me from going down when he smacked me with his sword) and how that energy might have been absorbed a little into the shield to form a legacy, if that's acceptable
Go for it.

If you have enough time to do the free-material item crafting for me too, I'd like to cash in on that. Selling a set of full plate for 1,650 sounds a lot better than selling its raw materials for 700. Mostly I like it better like this because it allows me to buy a Dark Lantern pretty much right now. Mwahahahaha....

Speaking of which, DM, I have an as-yet-unanswered question. If someone were to try to sneak past a room with a guard in it, and hide in the shadowy concealment provided by the lantern, would the guard by automatically alerted to the fact that someone is obviously there because of the zone of half-light wandering around? Or would the ability to hide allow you to actually go unnoticed?

Also, I'll be coming up with a journal at some point today, and making an artist's (loosely-used term) rendition of countess catgirl and her super-shiny platemail.  (GM said it was gold and had swirly patterns on it, right?)
I kind of answered it last night, but I don't think it's going to be as noticeable as you think it's going to be. The guard MIGHT be alerted, yes, but you wouldn't be the strangest thing that's down there by far. The guards will probably notice some kind of shadows, if they're paying attention and you're way out in the open. On the other hand, the guards are working in conditions where seeing rolling shadows walking around happens pretty much ... everyday. So it will really depend. And while that's probably not the answer you want to here, it's a pretty situational thing in my opinion.

The armor is gold foil, sort of swirly, I suppose.

@Will, I have a question for you.  If I were to get a dorje (psionic wand), does it have to be in one of my mantles, or just anything an ardent is capable of learning?  The description just says "Class List"

EDIT: For the question i posed earlier about which mantle I should take, I figured it out.  Taking knowledge mantle so we have every knowledge skill at least covered (albeit with only +3 modifiers).  I realized I do not have to take powers from there when I take the mantle.
Anything the ardent is capable of learning I suppose.

Hurray for resident psycho!

I'm wondering if I should get a Magic Device of Use Magic Device. I think I'll call it a Magic Manual. +5 to UMD checks if I can get another 300 gold.

Either that, or I can buy a bunch of wands and scrolls. And get to use them about half the time.
I heard you liked magic devices, so I put a magic device in your magic device so you can blow yourself up more effectively. Wait ... that's not the meme ...
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2013, 02:11:53 pm »

Super focused char; can use a scroll of God's Fury(tenth level spell, Deal'sinfinite damage, ranged touch attack, made up), can't hit anything with it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2013, 02:47:03 pm »

Tryrar, I'll pay you 367 gp for mithril chain shirt raw materials.

Also, Willfor- traveling cloak (elven, flavor item, 12 gp)? Also, what do you think of elven boots? (85 gp, +1 to move silently, maybe caltrop immunity depending on how you read the flavor?)

I think I saw different arrow types (broadhead, etc.) as well, but Ill refrain from that for the moment.

EDIT: Also, I think the market price of dragonhide full plate is 3300.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:49:18 pm by Doomblade187 »

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2013, 02:51:20 pm »

Also, Willfor- traveling cloak (elven, flavor item, 12 gp)? Also, what do you think of elven boots? (85 gp, +1 to move silently, maybe caltrop immunity depending on how you read the flavor?)
Go for it.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2013, 03:54:11 pm »

The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2013, 04:51:06 pm »

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45