Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41750 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2013, 05:17:57 pm »

As far as I understand, Eosri is the only one with a journal, while the rest of you have "thoughts"... I'd want a contested check before we make it canonical that Osoero managed to steal a journal out of the rogue's backpack, since it never gets put anywhere else.

Failing that, the warlock probably took one of the engineer's textbooks and started writing in it.  :P
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2013, 05:28:23 pm »

An example of why I don't like dice in forum games;

Rolling my sleight of hand...I got a 20! Yeah!

See?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 21, 2013, 05:30:39 pm »

That's why you make a roll on invisible castle, and link it.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2013, 05:42:53 pm »

Edit edit edit(rule of 3!): Actually instead of shield spikes, I thought of something; you did say that I could use weapons of legacy right? Well, I was thinking how having lesser energized shield saved my ass (that 5 point diff kept me from going down when he smacked me with his sword) and how that energy might have been absorbed a little into the shield to form a legacy, if that's acceptable
Go for it.

Ok then the name of it will be Lightbringer's Aegis. If you have the book handy, I'm using table 4-7 for my personal costs and, given the way it was founded, for 5th level the enhancement bonus goes up, 7th level it can cast Lesser Energized Shield on itself for up to 1 minute, 8th level it does damage according to a spiked shield similarly sized, and 10th level it can lash out with 2 rays that deal similar damage to Light of Mercuria 3 times per day(that is, 2 rays that deal 2d6 damage each and does double damage to evil outsiders and undead). The omen will be that it shines a soft light for 15ft, but if undead and evil creatures get within 60 ft of it, the light briefly flashes out to 30ft for a turn(also, the shield's heraldry is that of a large symbol of Pelor in the center with a smaller stylized sun above it)

Next, Doomblade, consider yourself the owner of a mithral chain shirt :) 

So that brings the armor made by me count to: n-2(where in is number of party members) dragonhide full plates to sell, one dragonhide full plate for me to wear, one set of dragonhide heavy plate for Barbarossa to wear, one mithral chain shirt for Doomblade, and of course all the extra scales left over made into the accompanying dragonhide shields to sell
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:10:25 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »

That's why you make a roll on invisible castle, and link it.

Yeah, but someone could do this:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3877725/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53:01 pm »

Of course they could. Generally, you trust people to give their word, but it's pretty obvious that won't be sufficent.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 21, 2013, 05:54:22 pm »

I just don't like rolls on forums. Chatrooms? Sure. Forums? Not so much.

'Course, I will end up having to use them for one of my games at some point or another...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 21, 2013, 06:06:18 pm »

Whoopsadaisy. I have a three-day weekend due to M.L.K. Junior day, and somehow thought that the session was today. It is in fact Monday, not Sunday.

Derp.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 21, 2013, 06:11:06 pm »

well on the bright side you now have that heavy plate to wear next session

Edit: Ok, assuming i've made all the scales into armor and shields, that should bring us a total profit of 1820(including the shield) per suit to divide among ourselves, giving everyone 1365g to the 500g we got for capturing the ship

Edit Edit:Ok, after everything, I now have 186g left over. Any ideas what to buy with it?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:25:49 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2013, 07:12:05 pm »

well on the bright side you now have that heavy plate to wear next session

Edit: Ok, assuming i've made all the scales into armor and shields, that should bring us a total profit of 1820(including the shield) per suit to divide among ourselves, giving everyone 1365g to the 500g we got for capturing the ship

Edit Edit:Ok, after everything, I now have 186g left over. Any ideas what to buy with it?
You may want to wait until I finish tallying up what you guys get from the Dragon's hoard you guys are getting.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2013, 07:37:55 pm »

roger willco, though the two things I've bought are the things I'm DEFINITELY getting

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2013, 07:56:19 pm »

Anxious, huh.  Doesn't really fit, but the guy is crazy.

Speaking of which... I wanted to ask the group something.  As our primary caster, do you feel (as I do) that I should change either:
a. to a better casting class to better support the rest of the party, and maybe get some out of combat ability?
b. reconstruct my current class to not be so warmage-y?
c. nothing and just shut the hell up?

All opinions will be welcome and appreciated.

EDIT:  This, of course, is up to DM discretion.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:01:59 pm by germaina »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2013, 08:09:03 pm »

Hmmm, hard to say really, I haven't noticed much of a difference between what you have now and regular casters

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »

Well, most regular casters would have a wider selection of spells allowing for versatility, although most players opt for blast mages with minimal support (from what I've seen).  Right now, I look at my character and see that I am not fulfilling the requirements of the niche I am supposed to be filling (although it appears that Oso has most of that covered by his skills).  I just don't see how, with the original idea I had planned, I will be able to do what the party needs to be done.  But that is just my take.

But then again, that may just be my inexperience with casters... I normally do support (rogues, rangers, etc.)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2013, 08:28:16 pm »

Does the dragonscale plate have any difference in stats from a normal set of masterwork full plate? Marking stuff down on my sheet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45