Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41755 times)

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2013, 08:33:37 pm »

All I see is 10hp per inch thickness and 10 hardness and can be worn by druids.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2013, 08:38:16 pm »

not really except not made of metal so druids can wear it(and you don't take extra damage from lightning spells)

On another note, interesting story; I actually have the lesser and greater legacy abilities theoretically planned out for this shield, but since it has been mentioned we're not likely to go past 10th level, I'm not sure I'll reveal them. Though, willfor, if you want to use this shield in another campaign, I can shoot you a pm with the details....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:52:24 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2013, 09:06:22 pm »

What do you guys think of this guy? Anything to be changed about him or the like? I don't plan on replacing Jan, but I'm looking for feedback on this char. I did play him in Shoruke's game, but he was underleveled compared to the rest and didn't have a magic weapon against dr/magic opponents, so I couldn't really get an accurate assessment of his abilities.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=373997

EDIT: I just found something called 'The World's Largest Dungeon'. Over 800 pages long, levels 1 through 20. I didn't try to read it in full, but by reading the intro I noticed that most of it is dark. Sorry, races without darkvision.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:19:00 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 21, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

oh dear god a spiked chain monkey. I can't take those real seriously ever since reading Order of the Stick. On the other hand I don't see anything really wrong with him, like you said he just needs a magic weapon and maybe a mithral breastplate.

Speaking of the Worlds Largest Dungeon, if you can get the specs for it I'd be interested in running a char for it
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 21, 2013, 09:43:24 pm »

It's so large they specifically say it's not meant to be run as a whole adventure. It has almost every monster type represented, and I think a good variety of ecosystems. And that's not forgetting the celestials and fiends that are deeper in.

EDIT: Yes, I was eventually going to take spring attack, at least so I could get whirlwind attack. Should I be ashamed? (I read that part of the comic too.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2013, 11:46:41 pm »

OK, guys.  Here is the new character I will be playing.  Let me know what you think.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=503121

The design is to further inhibit the enemy while the clerics boost our combatants, therefore increasing the capabilities of the entire party.

EDIT:  For ease of DM sanity (as well as the other players) could you all send me via pm a link to your character sheets?  I wish to place them all into a single post so we don't have to go searching for them.  Once I get them, I will post them on the front page for easy access.  Let me know if you do not see your character.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119556.msg3818451#msg3818451
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:29:36 am by germaina »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:34 am »

Seems to me it would be better to have Will put them in the OP, but whatever sure I'll PM it to ya.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 22, 2013, 04:46:33 pm »

Spoiler: Anxon's Departure (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nickolai's Entrance (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 06:00:56 pm by germaina »

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2013, 06:17:10 pm »

Session 1: 250

Session 2: 724

Session 3: 515 except for Typhoon who got 257

Session 4: 875

Session 5: 500

Session 6: 1150

Session 7: 900

Maximum EXP gain: 4914

----

Anxon grabbed 12 magic CO2 capsules for 50 gold from Lady Distinda.

The Baron's hoard came out to 1238g each in gold and platinum.

Not included in this figure is a small bit of political wrangling on the King's part -- The title of Baron has been given corporately to the party as a whole, the barony that used to belong to Baron Kreu will be bestowed on one of the party members officially at the game's end. At the moment, you're all technically at the rank of Baron, and titularly sworn to Countess Acara -- though if you take orders from her, the King is likely to rescind it. The barony is worth 200g a year in taxes, and comes with an unfortified "estate" in the middle of nowhere.

--

I'm going to start PMing the people who fit this title, but as of this post, the waiting list is being folded into the main party. To the waiting list: bring your characters up to level 3, and 2700g in wealth.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 23, 2013, 07:13:50 pm »

Was I here for session 6? I hope so...that's a lot of Xp.

It'll be fun to be a baron. I've already got some 3200 gold or so, plus whatever Fally makes from the scales.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:43:01 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2013, 08:25:49 pm »

Think I have everybody except Wrex's new character on the first page... Let me know if I am missing anybody.  Of course, that does not include the wait listers who were just added.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2013, 01:39:32 am »

Eosri is a baron!

Pros: Taxes, badass nobility.
Con: tragic backstory means being a public figure is not necessarily a good thing
Pro: Able to hire lots of guards for my estate...?
Pro: Able to hire magicians for my estate.
Con: Usurpers, unpleasant peasants, responsibility for unpleasant peasants

Having a committee of 8 people as a "baron" is going to be weird  ;D especially considering Lawbring, Ossir, and Osoero are on that committee.

(thread derailed by TvTropes link in 3...2...)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2013, 01:42:15 am »

It's unlikely that this barony will be the last title that this group picks up over the course of their journey. There may not be one for everyone, but there will be enough to keep problematic ruling situations from occuring. Possibly.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »

Shoruke, do you know how close I came to clicking that link? I'm just lucky that I've already read that page. Anyway, I see no PM. May I assume that Jan is not part of the commitee?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 45