Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Fragile Times: Act I, Scene IX: Hat Trick  (Read 6512 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fragile Times: Act I, Scene IX: Hat Trick
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »

Close in on the beast and whack it with the stock of my musket.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 01:52:18 am »

Close in on the beast and whack it with the stock of my musket.
(4)v.(5-2)

You look at the sorry state that the amarok is in, and you decide that it would be a waste of what little ammo you have to fire at the beast. Instead, you grab the barrel of the gun and charge the creature, bringing the stock crashing down upon the back of its skull with a dull thud. It's a pretty solid blow, but the amarok is barely phased by it.

Shatter it's skull, focusing on hte area around it's eyes, where it's weakest.
"And THIS is why I like cats! Because dogs do this. At least we can get it's fur after it's dead. Fur, meat, maybe some blood markings to boost morale ... yeah, I've been playing too many strategy games."
(6)(1)v.(2-2)

You stare the amarok in the eyes and begin to focus your energy into the area between them, envisioning its skull caving in. A moment later, you see its head become as flat as a pancake, and the body goes limp. You're calculating your experience gains in your head, before a cry of pain from Dsemond brings you back to reality.
(5)v.(1)

The dead amarok's jaws have been crushed together around Dsemond's left arm, and when the monster topples over, it takes the entire limb with it.

Dsemend watches his companions for a while before returning his stare to the wolf. He can't deny he'd rather be back home, helping his village instead of walking around with a bunch of strange people, some of them apparently under the eternal influence of drugs.

"Wolf, that wasn't very smart." he says, trying to resist a growing urge to facepalm.

Keep damaging throat and lungs.
(3) [for how well you deal with losing an arm]

You are preparing to ram your arm down the amarok's throat when its head suddenly becomes completely flat. Its teeth go right through your flesh and bone, and as the corpse falls to the ground it snaps the last bit of bone keeping your arm attached. Blood sprays wildly from the stump where your left arm once was, and you drop to the ground due to the pain.

Aww I actually was intending to fireball the kargarok when the battle ended
prepare the survival kit to mend Dsemend's arm but don't try to fix it myself
If another wolf arrives summon up a moblin

(5)

You grab the supply kit from the bokoblin and begin digging through it, grabbing a needle and thread, as well as some salt to disinfect the wound. Looking over at Dsemond, you see that his arm has been completely ripped off, and you grab several more spools of thread so that the wound can be tied off.

Theodore stays still for a moment, stunned by the spontaneity of the action. He wraps his arms around her, savoring the moment and pulling her closer. After a moment, he lets her go and heads back a step, reddening slightly.
"I deserved that?"
Look around for anything useful.
(2)

You see that Dsemond's arm has been torn off, and immediately look for something to help him with. You look for the supply kit and see that Bob is already digging through it, and you can't think of anything else that would be of use in cleaning the wound.

"Neither. Humanity is a right some are born with. If you aren't gifted it at birth, then it shall never be obtained. As such, we're all monsters.", says Valinri quietly.

Fear Level: MAX
Sanity: LOW
(6)(5-1)

Both men contemplate your words, before Obalir speaks up. "So, you say that we're all monsters? I wouldn't call any of us three human, but as the chief monster hunter of the empire, I don't think I'd go so far as to call us monsters. After all, then I'd have to kill all three of us." Obalir laughs again, before his face suddenly grows deadly serious. "Speaking of which, Komberg, you can say all that you'd like about me, but if you insult my people again, one of will be explaining to the emperor why the other one is dead. I never got to know my mother, but the fact that she didn't kill my father on the spot proves that witches aren't the 'monsters' that you make them out to be."
Komberg completely ignores this, but seems to have calmed down. "So, Vilston was it? Hold still." As these words escape Komberg's mouth, the ground beneath you seems to give way, and you feel the same sensation as you did when you first fell into Voria. However, instead of an inn, you appear in the streets of a massive city which appears to be built on, into, and around a large mountain. You marvel at the size of the buildings around you, which are built from bone-white marble and vivid red sandstone, until Obalir taps you on the shoulder.
"Welcome to Vilston, the capital of our mighty empire! I'd give you a proper tour, except I have to report the death of that dragon from earlier, and outsiders aren't allowed into the imperial palace. However, if you think that you can avoid getting lost, I'll point out our three districts and you can look around until tonight's pit fight. I'll start with the district that we're in, which is the Dawn District. It's meant to cater to government officials and the very wealthy, so you probably won't find much to do here other than look at the palace, which is at the very peak of this mountain. As I've said, you're not allowed inside, but it's still very impressive to look at."
Obalir then points down the mountain at the countless buildings surrounding the base. "Down there's the Dusk District, where most people live and work. It's filled with shops and homes, and you can find almost anything there at an affordable price. By the way, the people living down there are all a bit pale from living in the shadow of the mountain. If you see someone with tanned skin, it's safe to assume that they're either a foreigner, a soldier, or a government official. Either that, or they're rich enough to do their shopping up here in the Dawn District."
Obalir then points to a gateway carved into the mountainside, which leads to a massive cave. You can make out several torches giving the place a dim light, but it's still very dark in there. "And finally, we have the Midnight District. It may not be the nicest of our districts, but it's definitely the most exciting. It's where the gladiator pit is located, although it's also famous for its black market. Most of the stuff it sells is illegal to own, but they bribe the guards down there so generously that most of them will give you directions to it in exchange for a few coins. And watch out for criminals down there. It's mostly only petty thieves and pickpockets who lurk there, but if you get on the bad side of one of the criminal organizations down there, may the gods have mercy on your soul. Well, that's all I can really tell you now, but I'm sure that you'll be able to find out things on your own without too much trouble. Just remember to meet me outside of the gladiator pit tonight, or I'll have to hunt you down." With that, Obalir heads towards the palace, leaving you to explore the city for a while.

Party Status:

Caerwyn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

Xantalos

Caellath

HighEndNoob

Noah Tophatz
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2013, 06:10:53 am »

attempt to heal the half oni
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2013, 03:30:22 pm »

"Ah, crap. Anyone here have healing magic? Alice? Other guy?"
Telekenetically pick up Desmend's arm and hold it back up to his shoulder if it can be reattached. If not, just try to supress the bleeding with force magic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2013, 04:48:17 pm »

Theodore looked at Dsemonds wound and frowned.
"I don't think so. I don't know healing magic."
He looked over at Alice.
"Can you do anything for him?"
Try and create a healing spell, for later use.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »

Dsemend frowns and sits on the ground, gritting his teeth to cope with the pain. Great magical tricks, he supposed.
"Sigh."

Drink some of the sake and pour some at the wound.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2013, 07:38:11 pm »

"Sorry! I'll try to reattach it!"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 10:37:14 pm »

Check the surrounding area to make sure that there are no other threats.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]