Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: "Why don't women like nice guys?"  (Read 43668 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: "Why don't women like nice guys?"
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2012, 10:30:29 pm »

"What is love?"
Baby don't hurt me...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2012, 10:34:30 pm »

As a virgin in college, I pretty much just want to get laid right now, that relationship stuff can come later.

Its practically treated as a rite of passage into manhood these days so I figure might as well get that under my belt.
Nah, that's (probably) not actually what you want. You want to get laid in a specific manner in alignment with certain cultural norms, otherwise you'd either indulge in zoophilia, procure the services of a prostitute or offer yourself as one, resort to something illegal and/or immoral, or just aim for some incredibly casual one-night stand thing, probably involving copious amounts of alcohol (at least for the first try). At least three of those options are relatively simple and don't really involve much effort.

As MZ says, just fuckin' is kind of a trivial issue when it really comes down to it, from everything I've seen. Most folks are just after a fair amount more than just that (safety regarding STDs, if nothing else). Can't say I blame 'em, really.

S'why getting laid isn't a very interesting question. It's when you add the conditional modifiers that things get more engaging as a discussion topic!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2012, 10:40:40 pm »

ust fuckin' is kind of a trivial issue when it really comes down to it...
This man. He gets it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2012, 10:41:35 pm »

ust fuckin' is kind of a trivial issue when it really comes down to it...
This man. He gets it.
And by 'it' we mean sex.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2012, 10:46:38 pm »

I have noticed dudes who have sex don't actually care about virginity anymore.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2012, 10:48:01 pm »

I care about virginity. I don't like having sex with virgins. They're...awkward.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2012, 10:51:28 pm »

To quote (and translate) a old serbian phrase, "The Full man does not understand the trials of the Starved man."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2012, 10:52:55 pm »

Better quote: Sex is like oxygen. You only worry about it when you aren't getting enough.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:59 pm »

Better quote: Sex is like oxygen. You only worry about it when you aren't getting enough.
What about Oxygen Poisoning? And that pnly applies in sitations where you are not breathing. If you are breathing, say, Pure Nitrogen instead of Air, you would quickly pass out and die without more then feeling weak and short of breath. The drowning sensation occurs when humans are not inhaling a clear gas and exhaling carbon Dioxide. NASA learned this when a Compressed gas leak of Nitrogen killed multiple scientists inspecting it on the ground.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »

You do understand how a simile works, right?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2012, 10:59:55 pm »

Sex is like pizza: Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2012, 11:01:45 pm »

I'm still a virgin... and there really is no prospect of me having sex any time soon. Do I worry about this at all? Not really.

I used to... In my late teens I freaked out about sex for a while on account of wanting to try it but being unable to, but after some time I sort of mellowed out and realised that actually I didn't really give a damn if I died a virgin anyway. I basically treat it like sky diving, it's something I've never done, that I guess I sort of might like to try, and if at some point in the future someone I actually like invites me to do, I might just take them up on it, until then I'm really not going to worry out because "OMG I'm 21 and I've never gone sky diving!" I can seriously live without it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2012, 11:01:45 pm »

"What is love?"
Baby don't hurt me...

First words of the thread will be "I swear to God if any of you so much as mention Baby and Hurt in the same sentence I'm gonna make a plea to get you banned."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2012, 11:04:51 pm »

What about Oxygen Poisoning? And that pnly applies in sitations where you are not breathing. If you are breathing, say, Pure Nitrogen instead of Air, you would quickly pass out and die without more then feeling weak and short of breath. The drowning sensation occurs when humans are not inhaling a clear gas and exhaling carbon Dioxide. NASA learned this when a Compressed gas leak of Nitrogen killed multiple scientists inspecting it on the ground.

You'll worry if you get too much sex, as well. 

On that note:
If "nice" includes sensitivity and not just affection, then too much^it won't be a problem. 
If "nice" is affection without sensitivity, there will likely be big problems.

Edit: Terrible English was terrible. I think I forgot how I was phrasing the idea about half-way through the sentence.  x3
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:36:27 am by Ogdibus »

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2012, 11:05:08 pm »

This thread didn't just derail, it flew over the edge of a bridge and hit a ledge before rolling over it, landing in the ocean and now it's slowly sinking.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43