Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 226981 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1710 on: December 24, 2012, 08:57:08 pm »

One little problem: leaf and that boy are from different settlements...

After some though I decided that all that training is just too slow for the game pace... Alice never enjoyed a meal. We should use the kid for that.
If Alice will limit herself for just extracting some fear, then good.  Else let her enjoy the meal
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 24, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »

Ukranian Ranger: We can time skip, and i suspect we will be doing so in the near future.

I propose that if we do talk to our friend leaf that we send him a bar of platinum, or perhaps some leftover platinum from the silverware or something. This ought to convince him that we wern't lying when we offered wealth, and that alliance with us is profitable. Though a request of some kind should go with the platinum.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 24, 2012, 10:36:30 pm »

1. Promise to spare the boy in return for the info about Nocteclaw's followers in town, then send him off to be 'educated' by our merfolk friend.
Ask nicely; don't threaten unless needed.

2. Send word to Leaf - who has a great deal of economic influence, at least until his father returns - and request that the worshippers the boy mentioned be given preferential treatment, such as lower interest rates on loans and so forth. Assure him that any expense will be vastly overshadowed by our future successes, and that this is a crucial step in our plans.
Who is that, again?

Also finding and killing that guys father could be useful.  Or at least having a word with his father.
Why would we kill him? Do we really want to kill one of the few people we know who might not want to kill us on sight?

Ukranian Ranger: We can time skip, and i suspect we will be doing so in the near future.

I propose that if we do talk to our friend leaf that we send him a bar of platinum, or perhaps some leftover platinum from the silverware or something. This ought to convince him that we wern't lying when we offered wealth, and that alliance with us is profitable. Though a request of some kind should go with the platinum.
How about a meeting with worshippers of Nocteclaw in town and some way to contact them easily?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 24, 2012, 10:46:17 pm »

2. Send word to Leaf - who has a great deal of economic influence, at least until his father returns - and request that the worshippers the boy mentioned be given preferential treatment, such as lower interest rates on loans and so forth. Assure him that any expense will be vastly overshadowed by our future successes, and that this is a crucial step in our plans.
Who is that, again?

If I remember correctly he was the one that help us lure in the mage on the last major fight, we then let him go as ally. He is also a son of a trader and has some influence where he lives.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: December 24, 2012, 10:57:36 pm »

Oh, right. Maybe. Make sure to give the kid a message so he knows what's going on.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 25, 2012, 12:03:18 am »

Indeed, i think we should attach some kind of wealth to that message, as well as an errand, does not matter what, i merely think we should reinforce our partnership.

I do not think we can yet trust the boy to gather a meeting of his own volition, give that some time.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:06:21 am by Mlamlah »

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: December 25, 2012, 12:07:31 am »

1. Promise to spare the boy in return for the info about Nocteclaw's followers in town, then send him off to be 'educated' by our merfolk friend.
Ask nicely; don't threaten unless needed.

Who is that, again?

Also finding and killing that guys father could be useful.  Or at least having a word with his father.
Why would we kill him? Do we really want to kill one of the few people we know who might not want to kill us on sight?

How about a meeting with worshippers of Nocteclaw in town and some way to contact them easily?
Of course, I never meant to imply that we should overtly threaten.

Leaf is the sole survivor of the elven posse which came after us, his father is very influential economically in their town and is currently away finding a wife and town to send Leaf off to. Leaf is greedy and power-hungry, and was thus more than receptive to our offer of alliance.

Since he was the only survivor of the raid, he is now considered something of a war hero.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 25, 2012, 12:54:57 am »

Seriously.  We need to start eating first, then ask our stomach the questions.
That would simplify things.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: December 25, 2012, 02:12:32 am »

Seems like it would take some effort to make this particular kid feast-worthy though, he's good with his fear. That could be rectified, but maybe it would be a good idea to send someone out for a snack of the more fearful variety.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 25, 2012, 02:15:17 am »

Also we should still find something to do with Gwen I think.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 25, 2012, 02:18:17 am »

Yeah, our kid only needs meat.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 25, 2012, 02:29:58 am »

Okay, lets divvy up tasks by individual perhaps. My ideas.

Us: Spend time with the child, split time between talking to him and practicing fire manipulation, hunt down some more advanced fire manipulation books. Thank our smith for his kind service.

Cherlyn: Go out for a quick trip to get food.

Alice: Practice flying and getting used to her form, perhaps read one of our introductory fire manipulation books. (Explain that you realize she doesn't have much interest in fire manipulation, but that given her form it may be prudent to at least dabble.

Gwen: Help take care of the baby while we are distracted, have the impromptu dining area put together. (I am not suggesting that she become a mere housewife, but somebody needs to do it right?

Jimma: Try out her new armor, patrol around the tower, keeping an eye for potential threats. This ought to help her get used to her body too.

Kelpmier: Interview and talk to the child in our dungeon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 25, 2012, 09:52:13 am »

Okay, lets divvy up tasks by individual perhaps.
Not a bad idea.

Us: Spend time with the child, split time between talking to him and practicing fire manipulation, hunt down some more advanced fire manipulation books. Thank our smith for his kind service.
I agree, except add "or teaching" after "practicing."

Cherlyn: Go out for a quick trip to get food.
Sure.

Alice: Practice flying and getting used to her form, perhaps read one of our introductory fire manipulation books. (Explain that you realize she doesn't have much interest in fire manipulation, but that given her form it may be prudent to at least dabble.
Make sure that someone is watching when she's practicing flight. She's new--quick response to a crash could save her life.

Gwen: Help take care of the baby while we are distracted, have the impromptu dining area put together. (I am not suggesting that she become a mere housewife, but somebody needs to do it right?
Yeah.

Jimma: Try out her new armor, patrol around the tower, keeping an eye for potential threats. This ought to help her get used to her body too.
Sure.

Kelpmier: Interview and talk to the child in our dungeon.
Agreed.
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: December 25, 2012, 11:11:01 am »

I'd rather not send our rogue away.

1) It's a bad position to make her think that we need her to get food
2) It's a servant like order, not something she will tolerate forever
3) We need to integrate her in family, if we want to keep her around
4) We don't really need food that badly
5) If you want to send her away, then let her bring something more useful, like a hip quiver for Alice

One of the options on what to do with the rogue is impregnate with the touch gift and tell to GTFO and tend for herself. That what I plan to do if she will create problems

And I think teaching Alice ( Or rather leaning together) fire manipulation is far more important than her flying practice. We should experiment with her wings and fire manipulation, even if this a bit dangerous for Alice's health
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 25, 2012, 11:17:04 am »

Well, as long as she's blowing off steam and being useful I don't mind much.

I think our status and inventory needs work. Unless we're still carrying two elves?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 143