Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort  (Read 47129 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: CraftedDreams - A 2-D Succession Fort
« Reply #495 on: February 12, 2013, 10:10:06 pm »

Okiedokie then. I'm off to DL the save.

Also, I have no memory of anything that happened in any of the preceding turns, and I have next to no experience with 2D, so I'm effectively flying completely blind! :D First order of business: figure out which levers I shouldn't pull, preferably by pulling all of them.
Make sure you don't pull the levers that will flood the inside of the fort with magma!

Got it. If any of the levers kill the fort when I pull them, I'll make sure never to pull them.

E: Uh, is there a lever somewhere that will make everything outside not be flooded with magma? Because everything outside is flooded with magma.

E2:
Okay, so I'm still sort of looking over everything; I have no idea what or where anything is. Probably not going to be able to start my turn in full until tomorrow.

Amusing side note: 'Mr Frog' is apparently actually a woman. I have no idea what to do with this.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:40:11 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2013, 10:53:19 pm »

Sex change? 
A good place to start would be stop firing the magma cannon. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 12, 2013, 10:56:45 pm »

Sex change? 
A good place to start would be stop firing the magma cannon.

Which/what combination of lever(s) do I need to do that?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 12, 2013, 11:03:35 pm »

To fully stop it, you'll need to pull the LOA fire lever, barrel intake lever, and the intake control lever.  You can find which levers those are on page 31.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 12, 2013, 11:26:52 pm »

I managed to get it to stop firing. I think I'll be expanding our smelting operations next, mostly 'cuz I'm not sure what else to do at the moment. Hopefully something terrible will happen soon.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 13, 2013, 01:25:47 am »

I managed to get it to stop firing. I think I'll be expanding our smelting operations next, mostly 'cuz I'm not sure what else to do at the moment. Hopefully something terrible will happen soon.

Don't dig any further away from the magma river. As has been pointed out, its a very bad idea.

A good idea would be moving the depot indoors, into the area dug out just south of the Lance of Arm_OK. That's supposed to come with a lava moat, but you'll need to channel it out first.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 13, 2013, 04:48:11 am »

Hey, it's now tomorrow, and I started my playthrough! I'm now like 1/6th of the way through Spring.

Incidentally, would putting workshops in nobles' bedrooms lead to horrible repercussions later on?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 13, 2013, 07:26:33 am »

Hey, it's now tomorrow, and I started my playthrough! I'm now like 1/6th of the way through Spring.

Incidentally, would putting workshops in nobles' bedrooms lead to horrible repercussions later on?

When I modded nuclear reactors into the game, I was wondering whether nobles would demand a nuclear reactor in their bedroom or dining hall.

This was before I had any demands, and before I realised that demands are only for furniture and not workshops or furnaces. The only demand I've ever had was in the Masterwork game I was playing just a few weeks back (and still need to submit the final save for).
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 13, 2013, 06:46:33 pm »

Just finished playing through spring. Gonna do a full in-character writeup at some point.

We seem to be having a serious food problem.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 13, 2013, 07:17:22 pm »

Just finished playing through spring. Gonna do a full in-character writeup at some point.

There is a space for farms up near the Lance somewheres.  I wasn't able to figure out how to get the water to move from the channels, so you'll have to do that part.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 13, 2013, 07:27:55 pm »

What? We have plenty of animals and there are farms. You should really have flooded the farms. Lock the doors, pull the two levers in front of the farming rooms, let them flood, then pull the levers again, wait till room drains, and unlock doors. Then farm.

Use the flooded banks of the river in the meantime.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 13, 2013, 08:28:48 pm »

I irrigated the farms. I just didn't realise that we only had plump helmet seeds. It took me a while to notice that half the plots weren't being planted. Fortunately, as you said, we still have animals to butcher, so we're living on kitty sandwiches while my dumbfuckery with the farms smooths out.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 13, 2013, 08:43:48 pm »

I irrigated the farms. I just didn't realise that we only had plump helmet seeds. It took me a while to notice that half the plots weren't being planted. Fortunately, as you said, we still have animals to butcher, so we're living on kitty sandwiches while my dumbfuckery with the farms smooths out.
I remember planting some other kind of seeds too.  I think it was cave wheat.
So the main diet of our fort is going to be kitty liver sandwhiched between cave mushrooms? 

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 13, 2013, 09:26:57 pm »

You can probably get some seeds by picking some of the plants that grow in the mud and processing them. However, this won't produce many seeds unless your plant gatherers are skilled.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 14, 2013, 04:30:08 pm »

Writeup for Spring is now about halfway done.

Incidentally, how would y'all react if I said that I ended up making a new entrance because I forgot it was possible to deconstruct raised drawbridges? Just out of curiosity.

E: I'm not usually this stupid, I swear.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:32:09 pm by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42