Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14429 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 10: Woo, 1/10th of the way to turn 100
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2012, 12:18:46 pm »

"Well, i found another bar waaaay up in those trees, called the Drunken Tiki. Didn't go inside tough, another elf got thrown at me, the guy that just got thrown out of the Lantern, over there" Karsten says, pointing at the elf.
"Also found something called "nightmare factory". Told me to push the button, and the signs to other trees said to not go there before i pressed the button. I just ignored it and came down here to see you guys fighting that vase. I should probably check it out. And take one of you guys with me, but i have no idea how to do that."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2012, 12:28:24 pm »

"Shouldn't we be telling eachother what we found out about this place?"

The knight keeps working on the task at hand, but answers nonetheless.
"I have no information to share for I gathered none."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2012, 02:41:33 am »

"I...feel a disturbance."

Hikari closed her eyes before stopping and taking in the air, shifting her paws in the dirt before continuing the hunt.

But not before looking down in disgust and hopping backwards a few inches.

"Bleagh! Wha- For a newly done reality, it already has it's fair share of...untidy villager markings. Ugh.

"Hey, if anyone can hear me, can you at least imagine some kind of hygienic system here? Something with water would be nice!"

At this stage the defenders are basically supplying the juice that keeps the whole place running, an individual one or two of them can make some fairly minor changes (items, less important buildings, editing in or out some wimpy NPC's), but unless the whole gang gets together, higher level reality manipulations (permanently and globally altering gravity, laws of motion changes, editing in magic systems) are off the table. 3 or 4 of them together could work some pretty significant changes to the city (like slightly raising the tech level, introducing new species, or erasing that tower that the hero found), although the side effects and ripples would be pretty big.

They could pull the plug too, and restart this reality from scratch (assuming that at least 4/5 of them agreed (although if any of them pull their energy out of the supports of this place the reality level will drop pretty significantly), but that would destroy all of their non-enchanted items.

Keep in mind that you are better at warping reality then they are, but that won't necessarily result in a more exact or desired outcome (eg. rolling a [7] on a reality manipulation would have some pretty big side effects).

EDIT: Turn will be up tomorrow within ~11 hours.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:53:50 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 08, 2012, 03:30:40 am »

Turn 11
Boo, 1/3652ths of the way to turn 40172
"N-no...I am lost and was wondering if you could tell me where I am, mighty one..."
Fake fear and subservience to try and figure out if he's good or evil, and if the latter if I can take him.

You look up at it, and try to figure out how you could take it down. You think you might be able to attack its ear from the inside, or punch a hole in its eye, or break one of its fingers or toes, but that's about it. If you had a bladed weapon you could maybe cut a finger off or something and spells would probably give it a sunburn or some indigestion, but they wouldn't really be much more effective then just using brute force. Assuming that its a giant human of course, it could be something harder or easier to kill.
If you got all the defenders together you could probably kill it by editing it out of existence, but you don't think that even all of you together possess the physical or magical force to kill it.
[3] You try to focus on it to determine what exactly it is, but its oddly dark inside of the tower, even though the sun is shining down brightly. There appears to be some kind of spell active that is stopping you from seeing inside properly.
[1] "N-no..." you stammer out, but before you can get further it looks down at you and says:
"T    H    E    N        W    H    Y        H    A    V    E        Y    O    U        A    W    A    K    E    N    E    D        M    E". A giant stone hand shoots out of the gloom, and [4] you manage to dodge it as it slowly hits down. A giant wave of sand pours in every direction, and you run away as fast as you possibly can. By the time you look back the doors are slowly closing shut.

((Question: How do the [-2] Physical damage added to the Monolithian armor plus its former bonus work together? -2 damage from physical attacks then I take half the remaining damage? Like this? [10 damage -2 = 8/2 damage = 4 damage] If so, then it seems fitting. :P))

Karn sighs, starting to search for the bone shield he had let fall to the ground. It wouldn't be too hard to find since it could not have gone too far away...Then he noticed the naga still had her bosom exposed. He sighed and turned his eyes away from Ssrah once again before talking to her.
"...I'll try to help you get something for that. Any preferences?"

Try to create something for the naga to cover her breasts - suited to her tastes. If no answer is received as for her tastes, then create a tank top. Nagas use those, right?

Then look for the bone shield.

((It will probably work that way yeah, but I am not quite sure, since it doesn't really fit with how I imagine the armor. I imagine that the runes don't make the armor tougher or stronger, but rather that the runes make it harder to harm you, thus also protecting you against magical spells that wouldn't be protected against by regular armor, I think that making it like that might be too powerful though, and I don't want to reduce the damage protection, since then its physical aspect would be barely stronger then chain, and I also imagine it as a giant set of plate mail (physically very tough, but still quite a bit better then chain)))
[6] You think about making a tank top for the naga, but decide that even a tank top isn't quite enough covering. You focus on creating some properly chaste clothing, and a large blue dress materializes. Shit, it is the most chaste dress you have ever seen. You then realize that you forgot that she was a naga, and it won't work at all. You think about giving it to her, but realize its kind of pointless since she can't even wear it.
You now have a ☼Chaste Dress☼.
[3] You go look for your shield, and find some punks trying to pry it out of the wall where it went in.
Spotting you the leader says "iz DIS yor shield gud sir? cuz f it iz U mite wnt 2 pA 4 d hole n our wall. Otherwise, we wiL beat d schet out of U".
How tragic, they seem to be inflicted with some kind of hostile memeplex preventing their speech from being understood by any uninfected individual.

One of them draws a switchblade, seeming not to realize how bad an idea threatening someone in glowing full plate with a tiny switchblade is.

((Yes, in human form they may still resemble characteristics of a fox, lemon. :P))

Track, track, track, track in stealth, that Ice Man!

Hikari could feel the ambivalence of her emotions in every step she took. What would have happened if she did turn on the Guardian despite his gift to her? There would be many more Anomalies, but she never even knew where they came from - only that they existed just like this reality did.

What if all I know, is a lie?
After a mini existential crisis during which time the Ice Man runs into the building, [5] Hikari insinuates herself into the crowd, and figuring that he is going to do the exact same thing as he just did. She slips into the building to to the right of where he entered and sprints through to the other side of what appears to be a house vaulting over furniture, and quite generally making a mess. She opens the door, and hides under a window in the building he just ran into and she expects he will jump through. Sure enough he breaks it just moments later and jumps through, landing a few feet ahead of you. You don't think it has seen you.

The street has a few people on it walking about minding their own business, you hope that you don't harm them in the crossfire.

Fix Bikini to cover both breasts.  Make Headdress, go for an Egyptian feel again.

"Sstupid fire.  Thankss for the healing Sstarfish man."
[6] You focus on fixing up your bikini, and before you know it, you have possibly the toughest bikini in the world. It does restrict your movements a bit though.
You now have: Rigid Leather Bikini
[3] You move on to trying to recreate your headdress, and create this monstrosity. You are fairly certain that its not alive.
You now have: Bizzare Headdress

"YOU ARE WELCOME, HALF-NAKED SNAKE MAN! IT IS A PLEASURE TO HELP MY FELLOW ADVENTURERS!"

Use essence to enchant my leg sleevsies to project a force field that would turn away kinetic and possibly magical attacks!
[4] You focus, and your leg sleevsies begin to glow brightly, before you remember that as a mage you can't actually enchant items. You manage to retract your will without fracturing the essence. You could probably get one of the warriors to enchant your sleevsies for you, as long as you give them your essense as payment.

Karsten walks over to the other elf.
"Hey. I saw you up by the Drunken Tiki, remember? You got throw against me. Why do they keep throwing you out?"
Ask the elf why he keeps getting thrown out of both the drunken tiki and lantern.
[3] You walk over to the front of the bar and ask the elf your question. He says "I didn *hic* get thr *hic* wn out of *hic* anywhere. *Hic* I'm *hic* to go b *hic* k home *hic*, and had to *hic* take the *hic* irs instead o *hic* of climbing *hic* down *hic*. Then he looks quizzical at you for a few seconds, and [6v5+1v2] projectile vomits in every direction. You flip straight over the wave of vomit, but Wald to your right isn't so lucky.
Waldemaar is now covered in vomit.

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)

I have basically been running [6]'s as slightly better [5]'s. No more. Now I shall at least attempt to have them be completely insane like they should be.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 11: Boo, 1/3652ths of the way to turn 40172
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2012, 04:01:40 am »

"Gah, it'ss far to sstiff."  Ssrah says adjusting herself inside of the bikini trying to make it more comfortable.  "Better.  Now, what to do with thiss... thing. she says taking the headdress off.  In a moment it looks like an idea strikes her.

Alter the headdress to be composed of various poisonous plants, still alive preferably.  Ponder the creation of a new spell, one to inflict poison in a localized area, a paralytic poison perhaps slowly cutting off the air flow to it's victims.  ((Ponder, do not use essence on this action.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2012, 06:50:20 am »

((@GM: I don't think it's overly powerful if you remember its damage reduction percentage effect only happens to be very useful against damaging attacks. Most of time, it'll only add -1 to physical damage and -1 to magical damage.))

Karn stares at the dress and stores it, and after moving to get his shield, also focuses his gaze on the thugs, as if unwilling to believe they really want trouble.
"I do not wish to fight."

Get shield back and return to the group. If they try to get trouble, ignore them if the shield was obtained. If it wasn't, then slap some of them around.

Try to recreate the naga's egyptian headdress.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 08, 2012, 09:45:47 am »

((Please don't tell me there's a -1 at using my sword in a mundane way. Poke poke. XD))

"Gotcha!"

Hikari noticed the many other innocents nearby - though they were but younglings in this reality, existed. She readied her blade in both hands before deciding to lunge at the Ice Man and grapple the man down, if possible moving into a stabbing motion as the charge moves into the melee.

Also, watch for minute movements in enemy's body so as to not get evaded from.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 08, 2012, 09:53:45 am »

"OH MY, THAT WAS SILLY OF ME! WHY ENCHANT MY LEG SLEEVES WHEN I COULD ENCHANT MYSELF? WAIT, WHY AM I COVERED IN VOMIT?"

Use essence to get a new ability: induce horribly painful and debilitating elephantiasis in a limb of my enemy. Practice on drunken elf.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 08, 2012, 12:25:19 pm »

"Sir, i recommend that you get the fuck out of here as soon as possible. I think you made Wald mad."
Karsten then turns to Waldemaar and says "Did you hear him? There are stairs inside the Lantern. That solves some problems."

((So i can enchant items with this essence, eh?))

Then he enchants the chainmail with the essence to protect against physical damage even better.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 08, 2012, 01:13:03 pm »

((Please don't tell me there's a -1 at using my sword in a mundane way. Poke poke. XD))
((OP, Mages get a -1 penalty to physical actions.))
>Yes?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 08, 2012, 01:58:38 pm »

((So i can enchant items with this essence, eh?))
Yeah, you can enchant an item (either already existing or one made on the spot) with the essense.

Well unless you want to mundanely tell people your sword is amazing in a way that doesn't involve stabbing them, then yes, there is a -1 penalty.

EDIT:
((@GM: I don't think it's overly powerful if you remember its damage reduction percentage effect only happens to be very useful against damaging attacks. Most of time, it'll only add -1 to physical damage and -1 to magical damage.))
The way it probably is now is fine.
I would like it to reduce the damage before armor, so a 4 attack would go from 4->2->0, and a 6 attack would go from 6->3->1, since that jives more with how I think of your armor (the runes don't make it stronger, they make the attacks coming against you weaker, more like a ward then a +1 armor), but I know that would be fairly OP, so I will probably do it the other way (aka, 4->2->1 and 6->4->2). And I don't want to reduce the regular armor value either, because then if you don't factor the runes in, it would just be slightly physically stronger then chainmail, when its full body plate mail.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:52:30 pm by lemon10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2012, 03:58:52 pm »

The way it probably is now is fine.
I would like it to reduce the damage before armor, so a 4 attack would go from 4->2->0, and a 6 attack would go from 6->3->1, since that jives more with how I think of your armor (the runes don't make it stronger, they make the attacks coming against you weaker, more like a ward then a +1 armor), but I know that would be fairly OP, so I will probably do it the other way (aka, 4->2->1 and 6->4->2). And I don't want to reduce the regular armor value either, because then if you don't factor the runes in, it would just be slightly physically stronger then chainmail, when its full body plate mail.
((Yeah, the first calculation seems more adequate (due to the size of the armor and I do need a trait just to use it), but the second option does look better for balance purposes. I won't be meatshielding any time soon, though. :P))
>Yes?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2012, 04:29:42 pm »

Hurm, I'm not quite sure what I am going to do about the armor. It will probably morph stats a few times over the next few battles until it's good.
I am thinking about giving it a buff from what it is right now (maybe bump its armor up to three, or maybe have the reduction go first, but not be able to reduce final damage taken below 1 (so 4->3->1, or 8->4->2, and 2->2->0)), but not quite sure what will end up happening.

I should note that I only really care about starting stats/items being relatively equal (such as your armor), and that new abilities/items will (eventually) make some people significantly stronger then other.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:18:50 pm by lemon10 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35:39 pm »

Head back to civilization.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2012, 11:33:17 pm »

((OP, Mages get a -1 penalty to physical actions.))
((I'm swinging a sharp stick! D: What about a -1 to damage calculation instead? I mean, it's swinging...a sword. I get -1 to jumping over a mud puddle anyway, so there's that. Oh- Oh! And me trying to climb up a ladder, falling on my face and tail because of that -1! That works too!))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19