Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14440 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 9: 1 Down, ∞ to go
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2012, 01:22:43 pm »

((Using an essence takes a turn. I ain't wasting it, IC or OOC.))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 9: 1 Down, ∞ to go
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2012, 08:55:48 pm »

Turn 10
Woo, 1/10th of the way to turn 100
"...I'm sorry, miss." Karn was feeling as if bad luck had chosen him as his plaything. First, he couldn't charge down an enemy, then he was unable to help his teammate.

There was still little excuse for his actions. He just hoped failure wouldn't rear its ugly head once again as he tried to fix what he had done.

Empowered action: get away from the fire with the naga.

Take one chunk of essence.

You think about trying to drag the naga out of the fire, only to realize that it is already extinguished, although you are still feeling a little dizzy from the flames.
You then walk over to the glob of essence and peel a piece off.
You now have 1 essence.
You then go over and grab your arrow out of the wall, although you are unsure where exactly your shield went.

heal myself with two willpower or to full*, then knock on the door of the tower.
[4] You focus your will on your body, and manage to repair a bit of the damage done to it, although your body isn't working quite as well as you would like it to. (+3 HP, -2 willpower, ruined body partially fixed)
[6] You walk for a couple of hours to the tower, longer then you thought it would have, but the sand slowed you down quite a bit. When you arrive you look for a door-handle to knock on, and see one a few hundred feet up. Undeterred, you knock at the bottom of the door. Your fist makes a dull thumping sound, and even you are barley able to hear it.
You try again, this time putting some will into your hand as you knock, and on the fourth knock a crystalline ringing spreads out from where your hand hit.
You loaf around for quite a while figuring that if there was anything in there to hear you and open the door then they would have heard that. You finally decide that the door isn't going to open, turn around and start to head back to the city. After about a minute you hear a massive grinding noise, and turning around you see that the doors are beginning to swing open, demolishing everything that accumulated in their path at ground level, uncovering what appears to be a buried stone path leading to the tower.
You can see the outline of a colossal figure on the inside of the tower pushing the doors open, the only part of which you can distinguish is a single giant dull green eye.
"I    s        h    e         e    x    p    e    c    t     i    n    g             y    o    u" the giant asks. The air and the sand around you rumbles as he talks, and you feel rather tiny compared to him for a moment.

"OH DEAR. I APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN DISARMED! HAH!"

Claim an essence chunk. Sit down in front of the Drunken Lantern and regenerate peacefully!
Very carefully, you carve a chunk of the essence off from the clump and put it in your inventory.
You now have 1 essence.
You reach down and pick your sleevsies off chopped off arms, you don't want to lose those now.
[5] You then walk over to the drunken lantern and focus on regenerating your limbs, healing them all but one of them up perfectly, although you don't get any extra health back. (Disarmed is gone, only missing 1 limb, no penalty)

Get bikini top, and equip.  Extinguish headdress.  Claim an essence-thing, but don't use for anything yet.
[4-1] You make a very stylish bikini top. Well, half a stylish bikini top, you aren't even sure quite how its staying together to be honest. It very stylishly covers one of your breasts. You now have Half a Bikini.
[2] You try to extinguish your headdress, but it flares hotter and you tear it off your head. Before you can get it extinguished it flares brightly and you close your eyes for a second. When you look back at it all that remains are ashes.
You slither over to the essence and quickly break a piece off and put it in your inventory.
You now have 1 essence.

Run over to the esssences to claim one. ((There still is one left, right?))
"Alright, I think it's time to reorganize. We don't want to get surprised again. Did anyone see Jovian?"
"What about this one?"
He asks, pointing to Hikari.
Karsten takes out his knife and slides it perfectly along the grain of the essence, granting it a smoother taste when if it is consumed. The small portion of essence that is left rapidly begins to evaporate into the atmosphere.
You now have 1 essence.
[5] You see someone stumble out of The Drunken Lantern, and you are just about to tune him out when you realize that he was the elf that was thrown out of The Drunken Tiki at you. Huh? How did he get down here.

((Yep you got the last one.))

"Take your share, human-thing. If you're not part of this reality." Hikari said to the Elf, seemingly a passerby in this reality. "I'm taking my essence from that last minion.

She glanced over at the man's lightly colored eyes and nodded, taking a step forward on her anterior paws.

"And I'll enjoy it."
((Wait, I thought that you were a Kitusne in human form, which would mean that not only couldn't you have anterior paws, you wouldn't have paws at all)).
After spending some time to converse and clear up some confusion you run towards the building where the Ice Man disappeared into.
[4] You race through the door, and hear the Ice Man breaking a window on the other side of the house. You rush over, and jump through the window after him into a busy street filled with what appear to be natives of this reality.
He sees you from the middle of the street, and screams [5] straight ahead, freezing everything in his path. Everyone starts to scream and surge away from him. He runs towards another building.

Spoiler: Current Reality (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karsten, Elven Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jovian the Brave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ssrah of the Dunes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karn, Knight of Sigils (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikari Tora ; Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Using a essence for anything will use it up, and thus a bad roll will waste it.
If you want to use it for a item you should note that if you use it on an already good item it will probably be quite a bit better (it will improve both enchanted and normal items, but it won't improve enchanted items by as much as it would improve normal ones).
If you are using it for a trait, you should note that you can get active or passive traits or abilities.
Abilities on the level of ones you guys have now will probably require a 5 or a 6 roll, while items will probably be a little easier to make.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 08:58:41 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 10: Woo, 1/10th of the way to turn 100
« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2012, 09:10:08 pm »

"N-no...I am lost and was wondering if you could tell me where I am, mighty one..."
Fake fear and subservience to try and figure out if he's good or evil, and if the latter if I can take him.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2012, 09:33:04 pm »

((Question: How do the [-2] Physical damage added to the Monolithian armor plus its former bonus work together? -2 damage from physical attacks then I take half the remaining damage? Like this? [10 damage -2 = 8/2 damage = 4 damage] If so, then it seems fitting. :P))

Karn sighs, starting to search for the bone shield he had let fall to the ground. It wouldn't be too hard to find since it could not have gone too far away...Then he noticed the naga still had her bosom exposed. He sighed and turned his eyes away from Ssrah once again before talking to her.
"...I'll try to help you get something for that. Any preferences?"

Try to create something for the naga to cover her breasts - suited to her tastes. If no answer is received as for her tastes, then create a tank top. Nagas use those, right?

Then look for the bone shield.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »

((Yes, in human form they may still resemble characteristics of a fox, lemon. :P))

Track, track, track, track in stealth, that Ice Man!

Hikari could feel the ambivalence of her emotions in every step she took. What would have happened if she did turn on the Guardian despite his gift to her? There would be many more Anomalies, but she never even knew where they came from - only that they existed just like this reality did.

What if all I know, is a lie?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:07:42 am by Tiruin »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2012, 03:03:24 am »

Fix Bikini to cover both breasts.  Make Headdress, go for an Egyptian feel again.

"Sstupid fire.  Thankss for the healing Sstarfish man."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:19:22 am by V-Norrec »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2012, 09:25:15 am »

Karsten walks over to the other elf.
"Hey. I saw you up by the Drunken Tiki, remember? You got throw against me. Why do they keep throwing you out?"
Ask the elf why he keeps getting thrown out of both the drunken tiki and lantern.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2012, 10:16:53 am »

"YOU ARE WELCOME, HALF-NAKED SNAKE MAN! IT IS A PLEASURE TO HELP MY FELLOW ADVENTURERS!"

Use essence to enchant my leg sleevsies to project a force field that would turn away kinetic and possibly magical attacks!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2012, 10:42:57 am »

"YOU ARE WELCOME, HALF-NAKED SNAKE MAN! IT IS A PLEASURE TO HELP MY FELLOW ADVENTURERS!"

Use essence to enchant my leg sleevsies to project a force field that would turn away kinetic and possibly magical attacks!

"Errr.... woman.  Ssnake woman."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2012, 11:02:06 am »

"OH, DREADFULLY SORRY, MA'AM. IT'S JUST THAT YOU VERTEBRATES ALL LOOK ALIKE TO ME. CAN'T EVEN TRUST THE SOUNDS THEY MAKE THESE DAYS. I ASSUME EVERYONE'S A MAN UNTIL SOMEONE CORRECTS ME, YOU SEE. IT'S SO MUCH SIMPLER THAT WAY."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 07, 2012, 11:40:14 am »

"I ssuposse that makess ssense.  After all, I could not tell the difference between you, or your wife if I had to."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:07:35 pm by V-Norrec »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 07, 2012, 12:05:09 pm »

"MY THIRD WIFE WOULD BEAT YOU TO A PULP IF SHE HEARD YOU SAY THAT. NOT MY FIRST OR SECOND, THOUGH. THEY'RE SMARTER, YOU KNOW. NOT SO SURE ABOUT MY FIFTH OR FOURTH, THOUGH."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 07, 2012, 12:11:52 pm »

"Shouldn't we be telling eachother what we found out about this place?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 07, 2012, 12:13:48 pm »

"I FOUND GOOD STEW IN THE DRUNKEN LANTERN. I ALSO FOUND THAT MR. LANTERN IS A PASSIONATE DEFENDER OF ORGANIC/NON-ORGANIC MARRIAGE. THAT IS ALL."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 07, 2012, 12:14:50 pm »

"I...feel a disturbance."

Hikari closed her eyes before stopping and taking in the air, shifting her paws in the dirt before continuing the hunt.

But not before looking down in disgust and hopping backwards a few inches.

"Bleagh! Wha- For a newly done reality, it already has it's fair share of...untidy villager markings. Ugh.

"Hey, if anyone can hear me, can you at least imagine some kind of hygienic system here? Something with water would be nice!"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19