Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108636 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #390 on: November 05, 2012, 06:25:20 am »

I volunteer as head of Human resources. You don't make the quota, to the firing wall with you! :P :P :P

Anyways, anyone know anything about my cannon problem? I have a Anti frigate cannon on the top of my ship, and its fully powered and everything. When I try to fire it it doesn't do anything, just turns in a odd direction... Halp?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 05, 2012, 06:51:23 am »

Lol, I'm getting excited for multiplayer and I haven't even played this game yet.  I temporarily don't have access to a computer that belongs to me, or I'd totally would have downloaded this and started designing stuff.

One question: when you guys talk about multiplayer, are you imagining a bunch of people on the same server just doing whatever, or a more formal game (aka, explicit teams, rules, efforts to make both sides start with the same resources?).

Cause if you want to go with a formal game, I've come up with an idea: there are two teams, each of which has a single ship designated as the "nomad".  Each team starts with one of those nuclear reactor things and a box of resources (the same for each team), and everything they build on top of the reactor counts as part of the nomad.  Each team has a point in space (probably marked somehow) that both teams know about, that their nomad must return to at various intervals.  If your nomad's reactor is destroyed or it fails to get back to the target point in time, your team loses unless they can prevent the enemy nomad from reaching its objective in time, in which the game is a tie.  Otherwise, anything goes: mining, building whatever, boarding, guarding the target point.  The idea is both teams can do whatever they want, but they need to stay in the same area and the one team can force a fight if they feel they have an advantage.

...Does that make any sense?  I know I just designed a game mode for a game I haven't played, but I was too excited not to share.  Feel free to say if its not a good idea, I could go on about the details if you guys are interested though.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 05, 2012, 07:12:36 am »

I volunteer as head of Human resources. You don't make the quota, to the firing wall with you! :P :P :P

Anyways, anyone know anything about my cannon problem? I have a Anti frigate cannon on the top of my ship, and its fully powered and everything. When I try to fire it it doesn't do anything, just turns in a odd direction... Halp?

SIR YES SIR! :D

In response to your problem, I'm afraid I don't think I can help, sorry. :( You've hooked it to a console I'll assume?

EDIT : Korbac Shipyards, should, with luck, be able to reveal details on three of its models later tonight. :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:22:41 am by Korbac »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 05, 2012, 07:44:51 am »

SIR YES SIR! :D

In response to your problem, I'm afraid I don't think I can help, sorry. :( You've hooked it to a console I'll assume?

EDIT : Korbac Shipyards, should, with luck, be able to reveal details on three of its models later tonight. :D

Well I figured out what the turning was, that was just me moving it. But I still cant fire it... How do I shoot? I have it hooked up to a console and everything.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 05, 2012, 07:46:00 am »

I think you might have to assign it to a button.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 05, 2012, 09:00:51 am »

I think you might have to assign it to a button.

How do I button.... I feel like such a noob lol...

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 05, 2012, 09:06:24 am »

werty, check out the wiki for the basic starter guides.  Check the first post of this thread.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 05, 2012, 09:21:58 am »

Thats not helping learn how to shoot a anti frigate cannon. I know hot to play, I just dont know how to make it shoot...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23:27 am »

Thats not helping learn how to shoot a anti frigate cannon. I know hot to play, I just dont know how to make it shoot...

Have you hooked it up to a gun/regular console yet?

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 05, 2012, 09:24:06 am »

Place it givit power and attach it to a console basically?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 05, 2012, 09:25:28 am »

Or read the screen when you are adding it to the console.  Hit F to edit, hit F again to edit button assignment.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 05, 2012, 09:26:11 am »

Click F twice while pointing at the console, then assign a key

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 05, 2012, 10:19:47 am »

Place a gun console.  Look at it and hit 'f'.  Go to your cannon and 'left click'.  Go back to your gun console and 'f'.  It should only have one color, red.  Click it and assign it to any key.  The gun will now face the same direction as your camera is facing, and pressing the button will fire it.

If you want the gun to remain stationary and not rotate, then link it with a regular, non-gun console.  When slaved to a regular console, it will not rotate but will still fire in whatever direction it was last facing.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 05, 2012, 10:31:32 am »

Place a gun console.  Look at it and hit 'f'.  Go to your cannon and 'left click'.  Go back to your gun console and 'f'.  It should only have one color, red.  Click it and assign it to any key.  The gun will now face the same direction as your camera is facing, and pressing the button will fire it.

If you want the gun to remain stationary and not rotate, then link it with a regular, non-gun console.  When slaved to a regular console, it will not rotate but will still fire in whatever direction it was last facing.

I am saved! Thanks!  :D ;D :o :)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 05, 2012, 10:34:19 am »

And to everyone else who tried to help: Stop thinking so little.  If he's having basic issues, then "just link it" won't help.  You gotta get more basic than that :P
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 62